on April 9, 2013
I have had this phone for 6 months and it is not very user friendly. In the last 2 months it keeps hanging up on the call I am on and starts dialing someone else. I was on hold with a client and the next thing I know the phone is dialing my son. My e-mails are not coming through and every other day I get like 80 e-mails and then nothing for the next 2 - 3 days again. I would not recommend this phone at all.
on September 23, 2012
I really love this phone. It takes great pictures everything processes really fast and the operation is smooth. An other feture i like about it that I didn't have on my last android phone is on the home keys you can control apps running in the backround. Also I love that you can get it practactly for free. There is only about three things I don't like about it and they are 1: no LED flash for the camera which I got used to on my old phone for a flash light, 2: It doesn't have an 8 mega pixel camera which I am also used to, and 3: I think might just be a software issue because the phone is new which is when I try to log into my netflix app the keyboard won't let me put my name and password correcty so I can use netflix on the phone like i did with my last phone.
on February 26, 2014
If I could give this a 0 star review I would. It is loaded with bloatware. The screen wont completely shut off in your pocket which allows the phone to pocket dial. The antenna is weak and wont always pick up wifi. The processor is pathetic and often shuts down apps because it freezes or bogs down so badly. The browser is horrible it often shuts down completely in mid browse.

This phone replaced a Motorola Droid which I had thought was the biggest piece of junk on the market. Now I know the biggest piece of junk is the Stellar. Do yourself a favor and dont buy this phone it is a total POS.
on September 28, 2013
The Steller is a good phone, Its powerful and it's well made. It has great battery life and if you have a fast Very fast SD card you would not know it was not internal memory, I am using UHS-I Class 10 Wintec Filemate Professional Plus 326GB Micro SDHC . My only disappointment is the screen, its a low end screen for Samsung. Not up to the standards of their Super AMOLED screen . The Old Samsung Illusion and Fascinate had a Super AMOLED screen so it has a way much better screen but unless overclocked, its a waste of money to use it on that pokey old as the hills phone. The Steller is a good Phone tho, the screen is OK for most people and because everything else is great I just don't understand why they did that, I guess its because Verizon spected the phone. Well anyway it is not a common phone and finding ROMs and Roots are hard to do, so maybe three stars because its hard to find software, I would never be happy if I were in a contract with Verizon for this phone, its not worth paying 2500 dollars over the next two years OMG no never what a rip off .
on May 20, 2013
If you are looking for the most worthless horrible piece of junk in the milky wa then you have found it with the samsung stellar if you want it to unlock in your pocket. make emergency calls by itself. there is no such thing as just plain vibrate. i must take the battery out of my phone a minimum of 2 times a day because my touch screen decides not to work i mean if you want the worst phone of all time this is the phone for you.. give me back my fascinate 100 times better phone all in all i would never recommend this phone to anybody except one of the idiots at the verizon store that told me it would be a good phone.. ill take the free iphone next time..
on February 2, 2014
Honestly, the worst smartphone out there. Well, at least for anyone who does more than call someone on their smartphone. The Samsung Galaxy Stellar is a horrible phone. To start off, it only has about 1.5gb of available user storage. The rest is taken up by the OS and bloatware. The feel of the phone is bad, it feels very cheap and plasticity. The camera is horrendous, the zoom is useless, any zoom past 1.5 is way too blurry to get a decent pic out of and all around it is a terrible camera. The OS feels outdated. It runs android Jellybean 4.2 and it doesn't feel right, I mean it feels slow and buggy. Most games run OK, but some are just horrendous on this phone. Plummer's Crack, a relatively simple game, lags and freezes often on this device. Typing on this device....... WORST PART ABOUT THIS DEVICE! The typing is so bad I often have to use a friends phone to text someone. Both keyboards, the Samsung keyboard and the SWYPE keyboard lag so bad and when you try to type, its so delayed you have to wait on average 2-3 seconds for the text to show up in the textbox. You feel the vibrations when you touch the keys, but it takes a long time for the text to actually show up. When the phone tries to bring up the keyboards, it takes forever as well. Calling on this phone isn't as bad. The sound quality is bad. Is sounds like your talking to a robot.. I often have to repeat my self to people because they cannot understand me. The battery life on this phone is probably the only thing that isn't bad. The battery life is DECENT... It last me usually all day on a good charge. The only reason it lasts that long is because I try to use it as rarely as I can, I hate using it in front of my friends too.. I am so embarrassed to have this phone because of how bad it is. My friends have PREPAID phones that are better than this.. Oh, but it gets really good service in my area. The Verizon 4G LTE is really fast and reliable. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I'm always willing to help!
on December 7, 2015
Bought this for my mom after her other one (same model) fell into water. It came in the "as described" condition. Ordered a 16gb Micro SD for it as well. My mother is very pleased with this device.
on February 9, 2013
My husband chose this phone when he upgrade and renewed his contract with Verizon. He specifically chose it because it got good reviews online and because it was advertised for those users entering the "smartphone" market. He has had no end of problems with it. He has problems making calls from our house. His phone can have a bar to a bar and a half of service my (iPhone) is at five bars and we are sitting along side one another. He has to move to the large picture window at times to make a call, or send a text. He didn't have to do that even with his very old flip phone. The call reception is poor and most often crackly. We called Verizon and got a "certified" refurbished version of the phone, it was even worse than the original. The new phone did not have any improvement in reception (bars.) Apparently the GPS didn't work because it could not locate us. He found it hard to end a call because, for some reason, there command to do that was missing from the screen. After when making subsequent calls, despite tapping the next person he wanted to talk to in his Contact List if would call the last person he spoke with?? It would not download/upload all his Apps....it was no end of trouble. And after three phone calls for a total of about four hours trouble-shooting verizons answer was to offer yet another "certified" refurbished version of the same phone. Beware with this phone. It is not all it says it is. Do your research. We are two very dissatisfied customers and would NOT buy another Samsung phone. He's stuck with this one for another year and a half unless he want's to pay for another model phone.
on February 9, 2014
not the best phone on the market but it works and not crazy expensive
pros:
screen quality is good
speaker is surprisingly loud
updated to the android jellybean
4g network is fast
battery life is better than expected.
the buttons on the bottom are useful
pretty sturdy considering I've dropped it about a million times ( once in the toilet!) and it worked fine
cons:
slow wifi
cameras are s***
not all apps are compatible
heavy/ thick/wide
not many good cases
call quality is ehhh
no flash
no memory what so ever
on February 4, 2014
Item was in perfect condition and fast shipping. this was a perfect replacement phone for my son who always breaks his cell phones. this item was just as described and was in perfect condition.thank you