Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II
At a Glance:
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Android v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- 4-inch super AMOLED screen
- Dual cameras - 5-megapixel rear-facing with LED flash, 1.3-megapixel front-facing
- Eight GB ROM (actual formatted memory is less)
- NFC technology
- 1800 mAh battery
Touch and Type Take Flight
Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II features a versatile form factor that allows you to connect with friends and interact with your world in brand-new ways. The slide-out QWERTY keyboard is the perfect tool to help you get your message out fast. And the ample 4.0-inch Super AMOLED display has plenty of room for you to enjoy chats, status updates, web browsing, photos, videos and more.
Access Your World Fast
Powered by Verizon’s 4G LTE network means you’ll get up to speed in an instant with fast downloads, smooth streaming and quick connections on the go. Galaxy Stratosphere II is also Global Ready, which gives you the chance to conduct business, check your calendars, review reports and keep in constant contact, no matter where in the world your travels take you.
Smarter Sharing and Interacting
Intuitive apps and advanced functions take device interactions and content sharing to a new level. S Beam instantly shares everything from pictures to large video files with just a touch. With S Voice, you can simply say what you need to find what you’re looking for.
Get your message out fast with the slide-out QWERTY keyboard and more intuitive features like dedicated shortcut keys to make texting and communicating quick and easy.
Instinct Takes Over
The intuitive Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich platform on Galaxy Stratosphere II lets you customize your smartphone experience so you can easily interact with your device as never before. From accessing Google services to customizing home screens and adding apps and widgets, every action seems effortless on Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II.
SAFE and Secure
Galaxy Stratosphere II, a SAFE (Samsung Approved For Enterprise) device, features a new level of enterprise-grade functionality to meet your secure business needs. Enhanced security features include on-device AES 256-bit encryption, VPN (Virtual Private Network) connectivity and secure mobile device management, which gives your IT administrator the ability to easily monitor, update and troubleshoot your device. You can also securely sync your contacts, meeting reminders, calendar notifications and business emails when you’re on the road.
Share multimedia files like photos and videos between two S Beam enabled devices simply by touching the backs together to “beam” contentfrom one device to the other. It’s sharing made easy. Share anything from photos to maps with directions.
What's in the Box
Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II, wall/USB charger, product safety and warranty brochure, quick reference guide
The Galaxy Stratosphere measures 4.97 x 2.58 x .53 inches and weighs 5.43 ounces.
Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Network
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network allows you to download photos, apps, and games in seconds and entire movies in minutes. LTE (or Long Term Evolution provides significantly increased upload and download speeds over 3G networks, as well as significantly reduced latency (or lag time). Verizon Wireless expects 4G LTE average data rates to be 5-12 megabits per second (Mbps) on the downlink and 2-5 Mbps on the uplink in real-world, loaded network environments.
With these blazing fast speeds, you'll be able to stream HD movies without the annoyance of constant pauses to buffer the video stream--as well as quickly download HD-quality movies right to your phone in minutes. Additionally, you'll be able to download a new song file in about 4 seconds or upload a photo to your favorite social networking site in about 6 seconds.
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE mobile broadband network will also redefine the mobile office for business users. Business applications that used to require wired networks will be untethered forever, allowing you maximized productivity and efficiency while you're out of the confines of your office. Enhanced security lets you tap into most VPN networks with less waiting, and faster responsiveness enables you to upload 10 MB presentations back to your team in less than 25 seconds.
In areas serviced only by 3G, you can expect download speeds of 600 Kbps to 1.4 Mbps and upload speeds of 500 to 800 Kbps in Mobile Broadband coverage area.
Android Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System
This phone runs the Android 4.0.4 operating system (dubbed Ice Cream Sandwich), which adds powerful new ways of communicating and sharing while improving on the best Android features: easy multitasking, rich notifications, customizable home screens, resizable widgets, and more.
The updated Ice Cream Sandwich interface features an onscreen navigation bar that replaces the hardware buttons for Back, Home, and Menu found with older Android-powered phones. And with Google+ integration, you can video chat with groups of up to 9 friends as well as easily upload and share photos and videos. Other features include: Face Unlock
You can now unlock your phone with just your face using the Face Unlock option. It takes advantage of the front-facing camera and state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to register a face during setup and then to recognize it again when unlocking the device. Just hold your phone in front of your face to unlock (or use a backup PIN).
And the lock screen now lets you do more without unlocking. From the slide lock screen, you can jump directly to the camera for a picture or pull down the notifications window to check for messages. When listening to music, you can even manage music tracks and see album art. Home Screen Folders
Quickly access related apps right from the home screen by organizing apps and shortcuts into folders--just drag one app onto another to create a folder. Multitasking
Multitasking is even easier and more visual in Android 4.0.4. The Recent Apps button lets you jump instantly from one task to another using the list in the System Bar. The list pops up to show thumbnail images of apps used recently--tapping a thumbnail switches to the app. Voice Input
The new voice engine in Android 4.0.4 lets you dictate the text you want, for as long as you want, using the language you want. You can speak continuously for a prolonged time, even pausing for intervals if needed, and dictate punctuation to create correct sentences. As the voice input engine enters text, it underlines possible dictation errors in gray. After dictating, you can tap the underlined words to quickly replace them from a list of suggestions.
Android 4.0.4 Features
- Global roaming in 220 countries
- Direct access from the lock screen to phone, camera, and text
- New home screen layout with enhanced launch bar
- Improved voice input: hold down the search key to dictate emails and text or navigate to an address
- Face unlock: the device uses the front-facing camera to automatically recognize you when you attempt to unlock
- Data usage: the new usage center allows you to monitor how much data is consumed each month
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
- Ultra-fast 4G LTE connectivity via Verizon's network
- Wireless Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality allows up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 4G experience on the go with a laptop, camera, music player, game unit, video player, or any other Wi-Fi enabled device
- Near Field Communication (NFC) for sharing contacts, web pages, directions, and more to compatible phones
- VZ Navigator
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work
- 4-inch Super AMOLED Screen, 800x480
- Capacity 1800 mAh
- Usage time up to 15 hours
- Standby time up to 144 hours
Communications & Internet
- Samsung Internet Browser
- Text (SMS) and picture/video (MMS) messaging with threaded messaging feature
- Access to popular instant messaging services
- Personal and work e-mail through MS Exchange, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Windows Live Hotmail, or POP3/IMAP
- Rear-facing camera 5 megapixels with LED Flash
- Front-facing camera 1.3 megapixels for video chats and self portraits
- Video capture 720p HD and HD video playback
- Music player download music from a variety of places and enjoy your favorite tunes where ever you go
- Supported music formats MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, and WAV
- Supported video formats H.263, H.264, MPEG4, DivX/XviD
- Media Hubaccess thousands of movies, to purchase or rent, and TV shows; movies are available the day after DVD release or network premier; content can be viewed while downloading; share purchased content with up to five devices
- MicroSD card supports up to 32 GB
- ROM eight GB (actual formatted memory is less)
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.