- Size (LWH): 2.58 inches, 0.53 inches, 4.97 inches
- Weight: 5.44 ounces
- Network Compatibility: LTE
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 900 minutes
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 144 hours
Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II, Black 8GB (Verizon Wireless)
|Price:||$449.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Display: 4.0-inches
- Camera: 5-MP
- Processor Speed: 1.2 GHz
- OS: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
|Special Shipping Information: Due to federal and international regulations, this product can only be shipped within the continental United States.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II SCH-I415 is a lighter, sleeker update of the original, and comes equipped with NFC technology. This Android device features 4G LTE high-speed data, a slide-out full QWERTY keyboard, 4-inch OLED display, 5-megapixel camera with video recording, front-facing camera, and DLNA media streaming. The Stratosphere II is also equipped with WiFi, 8GB internal storage, microSD slot for additional storage, and quadband GSM along with WCDMA modes for international use. Use this device to access thousands of apps, games, movies, books, and music on Google's Play Store.
4.0-Inch Super AMOLED Screen, 800x480
5-MP rear-facing camera with LED Flash (view larger).
Touch and Type Take Flight
Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II features a versatile form factor that allows you to connect with friends and interact with your world in brand-new ways. The slide-out QWERTY keyboard is the perfect tool to help you get your message out fast. And the ample 4.0-inch Super AMOLED display has plenty of room for you to enjoy chats, status updates, web browsing, photos, videos and more.
Access Your World Fast
Powered by Verizon’s 4G LTE network means you’ll get up to speed in an instant with fast downloads, smooth streaming and quick connections on the go. Galaxy Stratosphere II is also Global Ready, which gives you the chance to conduct business, check your calendars, review reports and keep in constant contact, no matter where in the world your travels take you.
Smarter Sharing and Interacting
Intuitive apps and advanced functions take device interactions and content sharing to a new level. S Beam instantly shares everything from pictures to large video files with just a touch. With S Voice, you can simply say what you need to find what you’re looking for.
Get your message out fast with the slide-out QWERTY keyboard and more intuitive features like dedicated shortcut keys to make texting and communicating quick and easy.
Instinct Takes Over
The intuitive Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich platform on Galaxy Stratosphere II lets you customize your smartphone experience so you can easily interact with your device as never before. From accessing Google services to customizing home screens and adding apps and widgets, every action seems effortless on Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II.
SAFE and Secure
Galaxy Stratosphere II, a SAFE (Samsung Approved For Enterprise) device, features a new level of enterprise-grade functionality to meet your secure business needs. Enhanced security features include on-device AES 256-bit encryption, VPN (Virtual Private Network) connectivity and secure mobile device management, which gives your IT administrator the ability to easily monitor, update and troubleshoot your device. You can also securely sync your contacts, meeting reminders, calendar notifications and business emails when you’re on the road.
Share multimedia files like photos and videos between two S Beam enabled devices simply by touching the backs together to “beam” contentfrom one device to the other. It’s sharing made easy. Share anything from photos to maps with directions.
What's in the Box
Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II, wall/USB charger, product safety and warranty brochure, quick reference guide
The Galaxy Stratosphere measures 4.97 x 2.58 x .53 inches and weighs 5.43 ounces.
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network allows you to download photos, apps, and games in seconds and entire movies in minutes. LTE (or Long Term Evolution provides significantly increased upload and download speeds over 3G networks, as well as significantly reduced latency (or lag time). Verizon Wireless expects 4G LTE average data rates to be 5-12 megabits per second (Mbps) on the downlink and 2-5 Mbps on the uplink in real-world, loaded network environments.
With these blazing fast speeds, you'll be able to stream HD movies without the annoyance of constant pauses to buffer the video stream--as well as quickly download HD-quality movies right to your phone in minutes. Additionally, you'll be able to download a new song file in about 4 seconds or upload a photo to your favorite social networking site in about 6 seconds.
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE mobile broadband network will also redefine the mobile office for business users. Business applications that used to require wired networks will be untethered forever, allowing you maximized productivity and efficiency while you're out of the confines of your office. Enhanced security lets you tap into most VPN networks with less waiting, and faster responsiveness enables you to upload 10 MB presentations back to your team in less than 25 seconds.
In areas serviced only by 3G, you can expect download speeds of 600 Kbps to 1.4 Mbps and upload speeds of 500 to 800 Kbps in Mobile Broadband coverage area.
Android Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System
This phone runs the Android 4.0.4 operating system (dubbed Ice Cream Sandwich), which adds powerful new ways of communicating and sharing while improving on the best Android features: easy multitasking, rich notifications, customizable home screens, resizable widgets, and more.
The updated Ice Cream Sandwich interface features an onscreen navigation bar that replaces the hardware buttons for Back, Home, and Menu found with older Android-powered phones. And with Google+ integration, you can video chat with groups of up to 9 friends as well as easily upload and share photos and videos. Other features include:Face Unlock
You can now unlock your phone with just your face using the Face Unlock option. It takes advantage of the front-facing camera and state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to register a face during setup and then to recognize it again when unlocking the device. Just hold your phone in front of your face to unlock (or use a backup PIN).
And the lock screen now lets you do more without unlocking. From the slide lock screen, you can jump directly to the camera for a picture or pull down the notifications window to check for messages. When listening to music, you can even manage music tracks and see album art.Home Screen Folders
Quickly access related apps right from the home screen by organizing apps and shortcuts into folders--just drag one app onto another to create a folder.Multitasking
Multitasking is even easier and more visual in Android 4.0.4. The Recent Apps button lets you jump instantly from one task to another using the list in the System Bar. The list pops up to show thumbnail images of apps used recently--tapping a thumbnail switches to the app.Voice Input
The new voice engine in Android 4.0.4 lets you dictate the text you want, for as long as you want, using the language you want. You can speak continuously for a prolonged time, even pausing for intervals if needed, and dictate punctuation to create correct sentences. As the voice input engine enters text, it underlines possible dictation errors in gray. After dictating, you can tap the underlined words to quickly replace them from a list of suggestions.
Android 4.0.4 Features
Also Available for This Android Device
Amazon Appstore for Android
Top Customer Reviews
I am a android user of over 2 years (droid II global) and find the new strato II to be very good indeed. It not only has all the features the the droid II has but is super fast and has many added features.
- Starting with the sliding out keyboard. The keyboard slides out easy with a nice smooth snick. I have found it is easy to hold the phone in my left hand and push the screen out with my thumb - easy to close. What I like about the phone keyboard is if I slide it out, this bye-passes the lock/swape screen. The physical buttons are placed just right and not to many to clutter up. I like the feel of the on/off button, it take you to the power-off with a longer press, with just a light press it takes you to the lock screen where a swipe is needed to unlock. I like the idea that the unlock/swipe screen can have a different picture (settings -> wallpaper) then the main/home screens.
- The battery for a smart phone is always a concern, with the strato II it is less of a concern being 1800 mAh compared to the 1390 mAh on the droid. I have found the battery life to be good - using moderate internet the phone is charged every two days. What I like about this smart phone is that the internet can be turned off by simply dragging down the action bar at the top of phone and turning off the 4G. For those that absolutely have to have internet then there are some great appl/killers. Two I recommend: "easy battery saver & easy task killer" (play store).Read more ›
Here are my observations:
1. Very fast set up (if you are a prior smart phone user). This is my second Android smart phone after owning (and loving) an LG Ally for over 3 years. It seems very similar in its features and set up in regard to my Ally. Plus, the pop up set up guides made transferring my data and setting up my app's quick and easy. One potential flaw or caveat, not all my app's seem to be finding the data installed on my memory card which I transferred from my old phone....the Stratosphere recognized the card without reformatting, and the card works, but as of yet I can't seem to get the re-installed app's to recognize their data on the old card....it may have to do with the fact that newer upgrades of the apps were installed in the downloads on the new phone? ...I've not given up hope, it simply will take some web research to figure out how to get a re-installed (and upgraded) app to find data on a transferred card. Those app's that were cloud based connected and downloaded my old data flawlessly. Be sure to have a good backup of your data on your PC (if you can) in case your card data doesn't transfer well.
2. Good solid physical slider keyboard...I know the industry is going to virtual keyboards, but I can never seem to get them to type well for me, especially in portrait mode, as I am always hitting the wrong key and having to backspace and retype.Read more ›
It haves a very fast set up This is my fourth smart phone after owning and using only a LG for more than 5 year It seems similar in its features and set up in regard to my LG. Plus, the pop up set up guides made transferring my data and setting up my app's quick and easy. One potential flaw or caveat, not all my app's seem to be finding the data installed on my memory card which I transferred from my old phone....the Stratosphere recognized the card without reformatting, and the card works, but as of yet I can't seem to get the re-installed app's to recognize their data on the old card....it may have to do with the fact that newer upgrades of the apps were installed in the downloads on the new phone? ...I've not given up hope, it simply will take some web research to figure out how to get a re-installed (and upgraded) app to find data on a transferred card. Those app's that were cloud based connected and downloaded my old data flawlessly. Be sure to have a good backup of your data on your PC (if you can) in case your card data doesn't transfer well.
Good solid physical slider keyboard...I know the industry is going to virtual keyboards, but I can never seem to get them to type well for me, especially in portrait mode, as I am always hitting the wrong key and having to backspace and retype. I am a touch typist and answer considerable amount of email from my phone, so I find landscape mode a necessity and a physical slider the best answer for me. Of the limited choices of phones with landscape response and physical sliders the Stratosphere seemed the best answer over the Droid.
The Stratosphere II's keyboard is a great solid keyboard and the keys are well spaced but not too large even for my small hands.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought one of these when my contract was up, once being excited when I saw my friend's android slider. Read morePublished 3 months ago by J. H. McNeil
This phone has a nice shape and design that comfortably fits in my hand. The slide out keyboard allows easy text entry when accuracy is needed and so you do not always have to use... Read morePublished 3 months ago by KurtD0g
Absolutely NOT a good buy. The microphone does not work unless on speaker.....this was a disaster of a purchase.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
The box wasn't new looking, but the phone & all the attachments were fresh & in factory new wrapped condition. The phone works perfectly & was better than "advertised".Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
So far, I am thrilled with this cell phone. It is exactly what I wanted and appears to have all the functions I wanted. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Elise Moss
The phone was working just fine then just died. I have had another Stratosphere 2 for years, but I have bought 2 phones through Amazon now and both died within a week.Published 4 months ago by Deanotrek
I started out really enjoying this phone until after only a month the 'function' key on the Qwerty keyboard stopped working. I'm± sure what to do about it, if anything be done. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Tina