Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7-Inch, Wi-Fi) 2012 Model
Used & New from: $49.90
Samsung Galaxy 2 tablet 7.0 Can you stream video on the new Samsung Galaxy 2 tablet from Amazon Prime?
[UPDATED] asked by RSM on April 12, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 answers
A
Yes, any tablet with flash can be used to watch films from Amazon. Today, I am watching a film I rented from Amazon on my Nook Tablet. I can not download an Amazon film as the Fire can, so I must be connected to WiFi when watching. When my WiFi connection is at full strength, Amazon movies look great.

This Samsung Tab will have a real impact...by November, every tablet maker will need to have an Android 4.0 tablet near the $200 price point, or get out of the tablet business. And, "locked down" tablets such as the Nook and the Fire will need to sell for under $150 or upgrade to Android 4.0.
Alan Houston answered on April 17, 2012
Comment (1) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Android browser supports Adobe Flash, and unless Amazon decides to start blocking it, you can stream Amazon video through the browser. It's a little cumbersome, but it works.

Also, you can have your choice of using the Google Play Store (Android Market) or Amazon App store. Google Play will be installed by default, but you can install the Amazon App store if you choose.
Derek Selby answered on April 17, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Unless you are willing to install an old, insecure version of Flash on your Galaxy, no. Also, Amazon expects you to buy their Fire so you can view their streamed video on an Android App. The App only runs on Fire, nothing else. They also have not mentioned whether they will support Amazon Instant Video as an HTML5 enabled system natively through the web browser. At this point, vote with your dollars and use other services. Amazon doesn't seem to think they'll be missing any revenue by this decision.
Catriona D. Smithers answered on January 18, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
grynch you will need to go download adobe flash player at the play store - it wasn't pre installed on mine....
Ed Osworth answered on June 24, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Why won't my galaxy2 7" tablet run adobe flash?
Amazon Customer answered on June 20, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Why not?
Josephine Suen answered on April 16, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I read somewhere that you can from the internet browser because it has flash. However, the video won't be optimized; in other words, it won't look as good as it would on the Kindle Fire.
Carlos Twain answered on April 16, 2012

A
You are right, I read that today. It seems that Google's tablet will be heavy on the Google Play like Kingle Fire with Amazon. I rather have more choices in what I can do with a tablet without the need of an Ipad. One thing I don't trust of Google, is that from what I hear, they collect too much personal information and sell. 7" is an ideal size for me.
RSM answered on April 16, 2012

A
What can you do with a Samsung tablet
gala answered on November 21, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
where can i download books for the samsung galaxy
Mr A. answered on December 25, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product