Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.2 is it worth the price ? Does it worth the price ? and does it have 3G ?
asked by N203 on May 18, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 22 answers
A
It is worth the price if you don't already own a tablet. Basically they are almost all the same. If you are looking for one specific feature such as a great camera then you should look at the specs on all of the tablets. I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and I LOVE it. Recently someone sold me the Galaxy Tab 2. To be honest I would have been disappointed if I had paid retail price because the upgrade over the original is really minimal. The key points are bluetooth 3.0 (the original doesn't have any bluetooth), Ice Cream Sandwich (the original runs honeycomb) and and stereo speakers (probably my favorite upgrade. they sound great!) But like I said, it's an amazing tab if you don't already own one. And once you own one you can't live without it. I am sure you would not regret buying this tablet.
BillyD answered on June 6, 2012
Comment | 27 of 27 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
YES!!! I have been using Apple products since 1985. The Galaxy Tab 2 is my first break. It looks great and your app icons don't keep shifting around. You can group icons and create patterns of them on a screen. Floating widgets is great too!. You can access quick setting changes in under 2 taps such as bluetooth...2 clicks it's off...and you are done.

I'm not going to be doing any banking or communcation on it because Android apps can be easily hacked and can contain malware. I still have an iPhone and can get my email and everything else through that. I'm really just using the Galaxy as an entertainment device to view and play ALL MY MEDIA from the microSD slot. Screw the cloud..I will be not be needing yet another ISP bill to get my own DATA. The WiFI on it is great! I have WiFi almost everywhere I go M-F so streaming stuff is not too much of a problem...commuting is another story. Android does NOT have a ton of apps yet and need to better check their apps' integrities....but really I only use it now to play my own media, games or for navigation.

Since the Galaxy has a filing system and ability to attach external media and read most files unlike Apple products which do not have a card slot, this makes it a whole different machine! External or REAL HD Space is the BOMB! Cloud is shit, it's not safe..there is no backup..if you sync a problem..the problem gets synced everywhere instantaneously..so it's really unreliable as a backup! I'm now viewing my own storage and my own movies...plus Netflix streaming together....I'm very happy with this purchase....because you can't stream anything in the subway or on the road. There are a lot of external adapter card reader options on DX.com. Also, another storage option is the wireless GoFlex HD to connect to...give you 500 GB of space with you.

Trust me..this was a very hard decision to move away from Apple...but really in the end..it was REAL HARD DRIVE Space that "goes with you no matter what"....that won me over. I've been bitching at Apple as to why they cannot have at least 120GB in an iPhone or tablet when they pefectly well have iPods that can reach well beyond that capacity. The next thing will be to have a tablet with 500 GB Solid State drive! If they had that now..I'm in.

The other cool thing...was that the Android OS and it's icons and some of the player gui's.....look like ST TNG Design (I mean more sophisticated, not exactly like it)....versus looking at my iPphone apps/icons now saying..."this is starting to look like Star Trek 1968 to me"
K. Kapalko answered on November 20, 2012
Comment | 13 of 14 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It does not have 3G. It is NOT a cellphone company tablet. Why would you want to pay a monthly fee to use a tablet? It does have excellent WIFI, and picture. 16GB or RAM. Works like a charm. I am very happy with it.
R. Dijk answered on August 12, 2012
Comments (5) | 17 of 19 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This model does not have 3G.
Kevin Cardany answered on May 23, 2012
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just got this on Ebay as a "new-other" (-: tricky classification that means "new, but open box" I believe, for $230.00 So far so good! Came w/ a 90 day warranty expandable via SquareDeal for one or two more years! You have to ask them for the one year option (approx $38.00) BUT this is only for ebay items bought "new-other" or better. I notice the vast majority or reviews are high, except for a few knuckle heads that are NEVER satisfied, or who bought the device for the wrong reasons.
M. Caelius answered on October 17, 2013
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I like it very much. I do not miss 3G at all. So many WiFi hotspots these days.
Thomas S. Banghart Jr. answered on December 6, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I love this Tablet It is absolutley worth the price!
Cindy Ware answered on November 23, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have an AT&T 4G version. Nothing bad to say. I especially like the standard on screen keyboard with the numbers on top. It has cameras front and back. It has 32mb max micro-SD slot to make it expandable and more versatile.
I tried the Ipad 1 and 2, nothing but frustration! I respect and complement Apple for getting this market going, but have to say that they lock the product down too much.
Android products update on my time, unlike Apple that needs to go through a period of downtime or app. non-functionality to update.
Definitely worth the money. Battery life is very good too!
Tedmeg answered on March 5, 2013
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, sounds perfect, I'm in. Sod apple. I have the i's (iPad-iPhone-iPod) and find them so restrictive, it's like apple are trying to control your computing needs.
John W. answered on November 9, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
does it have webcam
LIONEL LABARDY answered on March 4, 2013
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product