Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Samsung Gear 2 Smartwatch - Silver/Black (US Warra...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 16% off the $299.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Samsung Gear 2 Smartwatch - Silver/Black (US Warranty)
- Seamless Communication: Samsung Gear 2 allows you to make and receive calls and read more on a large sAMOLED display making communication smooth and seamless.
- Instant Notification: Samsung Gear 2 enables you to receive instant notifications from your phone and apps plus a variety of 3rd party apps which you can view clearly on a sAMOLED screen.
- Everyday Captures: With the built-in camera, Gear 2 equips you to easily capture and record day to day moments as they happen with its FHD stillshot and 720p video recording.
- Personalized Fitness Motivator: Samsung Gear 2, with its built-in Heart Rate Sensor, S Health features, and pedometer, track your daily pattern of exercise to give you customized real time coaching to help you achieve your goals.
- Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S5 / Galaxy Grand 2 / Galaxy Note 3 / Galaxy Note 3 Neo / Galaxy Note 2 / Galaxy S4 / Galaxy S3 / Galaxy S4 Zoom / Galaxy S4 Active / Galaxy S4 mini /Galaxy Mega 6.3 / Galaxy Mega 5.8 / Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) / Galaxy NotePRO (12.2) / Galaxy TabPRO (12.2/10.1/8.4) [Compatible device models to be further expanded]
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Size (LWH): 1.45 inches, 0.39 inches, 2.3 inches
- Weight: 2.4 ounces
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 3 hours
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Samsung Gear 2
The Samsung Gear 2 is the smart companion watch tailored to your look and lifestyle. With real-time notifications, calls, fitness tracking and your music library right at our wrist, you can stay focused in the moment. No matter where your day takes you, your Gear 2 matches your style to keep you connected without feeling distracted.
Customize Gear 2 to reflect your personal style.
Gear 2 features an elegantly contoured, brushed metal-finished face that accents a bright 1.63" Super AMOLED display. Whether for work or a night on the town, you can interchange Gear 2 bands to fit the occasion.
Make your Gear 2 your own and keep your style fresh by customizing your lock screen, background and font.
Whether you’re headed towards a meeting or a jog on the beach, Gear 2 is prepared for action with an IP67-certified dustproof and water-resistant design*.
Stay in the Moment
Keep your hands free—it’s all in the wrist.
Keep distraction at arm’s length with Quick Glance notifications, such as texts, phone calls, and even third party application notifications right on your wrist.
Making calls on the move has never been easier. Place and answer calls directly from Gear 2. It’s the simple way to keep up when you have a lot going on.
Now you can get full text updates and notifications on your wrist and respond to them, too. Voice Command lets you respond to texts, make hands-free calls, check email and more.
Gear 2 keeps up with your life, wherever you go.
Take your music with you and leave your phone behind. The Gear 2 works as a stand-alone music player, so you can store your favorite songs and playlists right on the device for easy access.
S Health tracks your steps, calories burned and heart rate so you can achieve your fitness goals and improve your overall health.
No more getting up to search for the hidden remote control. Now you can control your TV right from your wrist, using WatchON and the built-in IR blaster on the Gear 2.
Be ready in an instant whenever the perfect moment happens with the ultra-responsive 2MP camera built into the face of the Gear 2. Just capture, save and go.
Pair your Gear 2 with the following Samsung devices:
Samsung Galaxy S 5
Samsung Galaxy S 4
Samsung Galaxy S III
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Samsung Galaxy Mega
*Water-resistant and dustproof based on IP67 rating, which tests submersion up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. Not shockproof.
Color: Titan Silver | Package Type: Standard Packaging
Top Customer Reviews
1) If my phone is in my pocket, bag, or another room, I can see who was calling or texting and answer, delay, or reply from my watch.
2) My favorite thing to do is to change the watch face color and design for the holiday, season or event. I can even change the watch face to match my shirt color for the day. Waiting for the full watch styler for the Gear 2...
3) Phone Locator. Yes, sometimes I misplace my phone. The gear had a phone finder feature which surprisingly came in handy on an occasion or two.
4) Style. In my opinion it looks sharp. I am a business professional and I think it looks great with a suit.
5) Safety. Going back to number 1. While driving, I don't have to fumble around for a phone. I can see who is calling and answer in a split second - eyes on the road. To me, that was worth the $300 price of admission by itself.
6) Watch of course! I will not wear a regular watch that simply tells time; that is not enough. However when my watch answers calls, makes calls, reads texts, changes face themes to match my shirt color, takes my heart rate, acts as a mini personal trainer, snaps pictures, records quick voice notes, has a television remote, includes a stand-alone Bluetooth music player, and has easily switchable bands, now we're talking about something I'll wear every day (and it just so happens to tell me the time and date).
Price note: This version of the watch is $300, if you must have the brushed aluminum and the camera.Read more ›
* Lovely screen. 320 x 320 resolution on a 1.63 inch display means 277 PPI, the highest resolution on a smartwatch so far. sAMOLED technology means it's very bright with great saturation and contrast.
* Very fast and smooth. A dual-core 1GHz Samsung Exynos 3250 processor and 512MB of RAM means you can scroll and run apps without any lag. It has the fastest processor of any smartwatch so far.
* Good fit. The face is not too big or clunky, so even with my tiny wrists it goes on and stays on fine. It only weighs 68g(2.4oz), so you will not notice it much. By comparison, the Neo weighs 55g, the original Pebble 38g, the Pebble Steel 56g, and the Sony SmartWatch 2 is a whopping 122.5g. As for the dimensions of the watch face: Sony - 42 x 41 x 9mm, Pebble Steel - 46 x 34 x 10.5mm, Pebble - 52 x 36 x 11.5mm, Gear 2 Neo - 43 x 37 x 9.5mm, Gear 2 - 47 x 37 x 9.5mm.
* Good functionality. The main thing is you can use the watch for actual phone calls, not just a reminder to pick up your phone. Meaning there is a speaker and microphone on the watch for you to be Dick Tracy. I was going to buy the Sony Smartwatch 2, but found out it can't make/receive calls.
-The watch has a heart rate monitor and pedometer built in, so you can use the S Health app on your phone to record and keep track of your heart rate, or how many steps you've taken that day or segment.
-Another functionality that I like is I can control both my TV and cable box in one. I can control the power of both, change the volume of the TV, and change the channel of the cable box.Read more ›
Samsung's warranty policy requires that you provide them with a credit card number prior to sending the watch in for service. A $92.00 hold will be placed on your credit card while Samsung determine if the watch will be repaired under warranty. A Samsung technician makes this determination.
Having a customer's credit card information with a hold placed on funds AND having the customer's watch which is supposedly under warranty seems very unfair to the customer.
It's my opinion that the area that has broken is a design fault and a very weak spot. Having the successful attachment of the charger depend upon a knife-edged piece of thin plastic is just stupid. A small notch with a lip over it provided by the back cover of the watch which is made of thin plastic was bound to cause problems. I think that there will be many of these suffering from this problem.
Even if not under warranty for whatever reason a $92.00 charge (plus shipping?) is ridiculous. It's approaching 30% of the price of the item!
Note that Samsung will not sell parts - the back of the watch is a separate piece that could easily be replaced by a local watchmaker or anybody with a small screwdriver. I know, void the warranty and Samsung couldn't test the water resistance but, mostly, they want to be able to charge the $92 service charge as often as they can!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
GREAT watch, I got it at a great price and it arrived promptly as promised. I only wish more productive apps were available on TizenPublished 3 days ago by ram8nyc
What a fun watch.....it has so many different functions but the best is being able to talk on it while driving and actually be able to hear it !!Published 6 days ago by Susan J. Baker
Stopped charging after about 6 mo. Called Samsung and was told it could not be fixed under warranty! was told they will contact me for details as where to send it to. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Doc Sma
I'm very conflicted on this. I loved it while it worked, but... Here's a breakdown.
Cons first because there are more of them. Read more
I bought this watch on Dec 20, 2014. I still have my good watch. Very good that it lasted me this long. To bad I can't use it cause it don't match my note 5 color phone black. Read morePublished 15 days ago by HeartSparkly