5.0 out of 5 stars Its not a smartphone but it is a good phone
I just became a T-Mobile customer. The first phone i had was the Samsung Gravity 3 but traded it in for this phone, before the 14 days. I like this phone alot but i do agree that the touch screen is too touch sensitive (is that right?), but i have gotten use to it and figured how to get past everything. Some of the bad reviews on here are awful, you cannot compare this...
Published on September 29, 2010 by T. Hudson

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone
I got the phone yesterday. At first I was unsure how I felt about this phone. On the one hand it looks great, but I having trouble deciding if I really liked it. After a full 24 hours with the phone I love it. It takes some time to get used to all the different functions, but what new phone doesn't have a learning curve? The curve was easy and within a few short hours I...
Published on June 25, 2010 by Scott Shepard

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it, July 5, 2011
This review is from: Samsung Gravity T t669 Phone, Steel (T-Mobile) (Wireless Phone)
On paper, this phone looks good. Consumer reports ranked it as #1 in its category. I deeply regret having bought it. It died after 3 months, and I have to pay T-Mobile $20 for processing the warranty. Even before it died, it performed very poorly. The downloading of mail is excruciatingly slow. Very few applications are available. The worst aspect is the poor response of the touch screen (as compared with the iPhone or iPod, for example). It is difficult to move between the three available screens, and attempts to do so often result in activating a function I didn't want to activate. Until I receive the replacement, I am using my old RAZR, which is a pleasure in comparison despite the limited functionality.

4.0 out of 5 stars it pretty good, July 4, 2011
i luv this phone but it is very slow and it runs out of battery very quickly so now i charge it for 3 hrs and it lasts about 2-3 weeks. i just really wish it were faster and not how slow it is now

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a great phone!, June 25, 2011
At first, I got his phone and was unsure if I liked it... It was kind of tricky to get a hang of, but the manual was very helpful. After about a half an hour of the trial and error process I had the hang of it!It is a really nice phone, I've had this phone for 1 day! And I have sent and received over 200 texts. Other things I don't like is, when you call, this phone automatically locks... and I don't have the choice to put it on speaker or do anything, and its kind of a tricky process to get it unlocked. I also don't like the memory, I took five 2-minute videos and the memory was full. Otherwise, the camera is really nice, and takes nice pictures. Also, DO NOT get this phone if you are REALLY picky, because there are a few annoying things. This phone is not for everyone, but I would recommend it to anyone who wants a simple, touch-screen phone. It truly is a nice phone! :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 year later-
I wrote a review on this phone a day after I got it, and I didn't know much about it. Now I have much more to point out about this phone, I am even changing my rating from 5 stars to three... Let's start? Haha.
SCREEN- The touchscreen gets very un-responsive after a year, sometimes I will have to restart the phone because the screen won't pick up me touching it. It does get kind of annoying, but I can live with it. (I have been using this phone the whole time for a year!)
KEYBOARD- The keyboard is pretty annoying, I have to say right off the bat. The keys are almost flat, and after a while some of the keys on the keyboard stopped working so I have to use the on-screen keyboard (which I hate)
CALLS- The calling on this phone is pretty nice, it will lose connection without signal, which happens with most phones. Well one thing that I didn't like was that the screen when you're calling automatically locks, which means no acces to speaker, hold, mute, bluetooth, checking your inbox, composing a message, and more. Eventually after looking through the settings for awhile I found out how to unlock the screen permanently.
WEB- I don't use the web much on this phone, all I know is that it can be VERY slow.
OVERALL- Overall, this is a really great phone. If you are one of those people who wants a very advanced phone, that's great on the web, and you can get apps. Get a smart phone!! Those are really nice. So I would probably recommend this to someone who wants a simple phone. Thanks for reading!

Any other questions? Just comment!
-Sara

1.0 out of 5 stars Phone Sux, June 9, 2011
This phone is terrible in every sense of the word! Internet Sux, Sound quality Sux, Touch screen Sux, Everything SUX!!!! I had this phone for about 2 months before trading it in... can't believe they even manufacture phones like this, Samsung ought to be ashamed to claim this garbage on their product line... Makes me never want another Samsung product! I told the guy at the T-Mobile store (they had a gravity T on the shelf) how much this phone sucked and he even agreed lol

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Gravity Touch is worth your time!, January 29, 2011
I've own this phone since August of 2010, and I love it. It acts like a smartphone and very much resembles the Samsung Highlight. Its touchscreen isn't like the IPhone/IPod Touch/IPad's touchscreen. It requires just a normal press. Not too hard not too soft! a nice tap will solve your problem! It can be slow sometimes, and it tends to freeze where you can't hang up regardless of how many times you press the hang up button, but if that happens just slide the keyboard and slide it back and that will solve your problem.

Pros:
Great Battery Life (6hrs of Talk)
Fantastic Keyboard (depending if you like it flat)
Widgets
Social Buzz (Facebook, Myspace, Twitter)
3 Customizable Home Menus
Calling Quality
Sound/Audio Quality
320 X 420 Resolution Screen
Dolphin Web Browser
Speakerphone
Bluetooth
3G and 4G compatible (4G Internet Only)
3 Way Calling
Hold Feature
Black, White, and Light Blue Color Scheme
Smart Touch Unlock System

Cons:
Slow Response (30% of the time)
2MP Camera (Could have done 3 or 4)
Easy to scratch (Do buy a Screen Protector) (Buy a Case! "Not from Amazon")

Hench, This is quite a phone. Its recommended for people who are buying a Cell Phone for the First Time. If its your first time buying a Touchscreen phone. I recommend the Samsung Highlight because of its easier responding touchscreen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good phone that fills an important niche, January 14, 2011
The Gravity T is an excellent phone that fills an important niche in the cell phone market. This is one of the few touch-screen, smart-type phones for which one does not need to spend a fortune to own. T-Mobile offers this phone without the requirement of buying a costly and needless (for many of us) data plan. Even so, users still get a very feature-rich experience with the Gravity T.

The Gravity T looks and feels like a quality device in the hand. The slide-out QWERTY keyboard is sturdy and smooth in operation, with plenty of room for those of us with large digits to hunt and peck their text messages. The keyboard is also set up in a very intuitive manner. The screen is bright and attractive, though it is a step down from the super-vivid screens that you'll see on the iPhone and its high-end competitors. This phone isn't as large as those phones, which has both good and bad aspects. The Gravity T doesn't have the screen real estate of a Droid, but its smaller size also means that you don't need an attaché case to carry it. In fact, the Gravity T fits very comfortably in a pocket. The touch screen works very well, with good sensitivity and decisiveness. The phone is Bluetooth-capable so that you can easily transfer files from your computer.

The user interface is intuitive and attractive, though nothing special. Overall, it has all the features that you'll find on any other cell phone. Call quality is well above average, and I've had many people comment on how clear and vibrant I sound on this phone. Battery life is also good. As with all LCD/LED screens, any extended use of the screen will kill the battery within a few hours. Battery life is a lot better if the phone is just allowed to sleep between calls.

I personally love this phone because I refuse to acquiesce to the $100/month tab that the smart phones carry. I get everything I need out of this phone and a little more. What's more, and this is not to be discounted in business, this phone *looks* high-end. Not that I personally care that much about my phone's appearance, but when you're dealing with people in various business circumstances it is usually beneficial to appear to be prosperous. Having high-quality tools and accoutrements (laptops, cell phones) can really help to give you the appearance of being a serious businessperson. Not a big thing, but presentation does count for something in life.

Bottom line: if you want the full smart-phone experience (endless apps, serious web capability, etc.) get an iPhone. If you want an excellent phone with a smart-phone feel but without the $100/month price tag, the Gravity T is really the best choice that I've seen on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this phone, July 24, 2010
My father upgraded our T mobile plans and brought home these phones. I was a bit nervous due to my DYSLEXIA, to see if I could USE the phone. After switching out the SIM chip and a half hour, I was in LOVE! Easy to set up and use. Within a half hour I had facebook set up, E mail, and mobile banking up and running. All I can say is WOW! I have tried out a few similar phones thru a friend or two, but this one is much easier. The camera is very clear as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Save up money--buy yourself a smart phone, September 17, 2010
I've had this phone for 2 months. This phone is a low-budget smart phone.

a. Ability to check Facebook, Google Maps, and Gmail account.The internet is slow, and often it times out, so I have to try multiple times. The small amount of apps take a long time to load, too.

b. The touch sensitivity is frustrating. Sometimes, when I try to scroll, it clicks on a selection. When I try to click on a selection, it scrolls. You can use the side volume buttons to move through the menu without having to use your finger or up and down arrows.

You can't upload pictures directly from the phone to Facebook. And when updating my status, there is no spell check.

I tend to use a pen or I make quick, short taps with the end of my fingernail so my taps are more precise.

c. When I take or receive a picture, I can't immediately add it to a contact. The pic has to be saved and uploaded to a contact.

d. The internet is primitive. Some bank websites don't allow online banking.

e. You cannot see the screen in direct sunlight. Even using your hand to shade the screen does not help.

f. The keyboard is fine. Sometimes I think it's too big because I have to reach across for a key in the corners, but it is roomy. I wish the buttons were more elevated or had some texture so it would make texting easier.

g. In Facebook, you can hold down your finger to zoom up or down, but this is an awkward feature as well. Sometimes I mean to zoom in, and it zooms out. Sometimes I try to zoom out and it zooms in.

h. There is no external indicator light that shows if the phone is done charging. Also, my phone becomes warm as it charges. I have not had any problems, though it could be a hazard if it overheats.

i. The calendar, calculator, a music player, and camera work well enough for my minimal needs.

j. And, emails. I don't get an email notification immediately after receiving an email. I have to manually retrieve email, and often the network times out. Also, I may receive a notification 30 minutes after an email was sent.

k. There are no games on the phone.

Overall, I enjoy this phone. I think it's aesthetically pleasing, like the full keyboard and touch options, and like checking Facebook and Gmail. For my minimal needs, this phone works great, though in the future I plan on upgrading to a smart phone. I can see this phone working well for a teen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, January 24, 2011
R. Daniel Noyes (Summerlin, NV USA) - See all my reviews
I previously had a basic flip phone and was looking for a new phone that was more 'modern'. I did not want a so-called smart phone (high end) because I did not want the $30/month add on data charge and frankly, when I need the internet I have a nice 20 inch screen on my pc. This is the best phone you can get, just short of the pricey smart phones, and it won't cost you the extra data fee every month. I'll call it an "almost smart phone", because it has a lot of the technology of a smart phone with its nice touch screen GUI and full use keyboard. There is also a new color (ebony with red) in the Tmobile stores and elsewhere that is hot. If you are looking for the latest wiz bang high end smartphone to spend all your life on it texting and facebooking, stop now, this isn't it, go get an iphone and whine about its poor reception and dropped calls. Now then...if you get this phone, take the time to get to know it, and it will take time, but it will be worth it! Use the available resources from Tmobile online and also from Samsung whose site is great and has lot of FAQ's by owners, as well as an online chat to answer questions. Helpful hint for using the touch screen: to scroll pages you have to press the screen AND HOLD your finger on it when you scroll up/down. It is not too unlike the browser on your pc where to scroll a page you have to hold the mouse down. If you swipe it or flick the gravity t screen quickly with your finger, the page will wiz by real fast or open the app you happened to touch! As with the previous Samsung's I have had, this is rock solid, great reception, sound etc. Shop around and you can get a good deal. Stop and smell the roses, don't spend your precious moments all day on a high end smart phone, get this one instead. By the way, this phone has one of THE best SAR (cell phone radiation ratings)! Go to cnet.com to see SAR ratings for all phones. Some of those DROID phones are the worse, up to 5 times more radiation than this phone...buyer beware!

3.0 out of 5 stars Touch screen is too sensitive, July 17, 2010
Diamond M. Dominguez "diamon2x" (Los Angeles, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this phone yesterday, and I am going to try to exchange it today for a sidekick. I love the large lettering on the screen, decent lighting, and I love the keyboard. But the TOUCH SCREEN IS TOO SENSITIVE! I often end up opening applications I dont want. Most frustrating is when scrolling thru the PHONE CONTACT LIST. It slides pass the contact I want, and I have to flick backwards and then it passes my selected contact again. Unlike my RAZR phone, there is no screen alert to tell me I have a voicemail message waiting. The phone will give one chime once when a voicemail message is left, but that's it. Nothing appears on the screen. If you're away from your phone, you dont even realize that you missed a phone call, unless you just happed to check your voicemail function. I DONT LIKE HAVING TO UNLOCK THE PHONE EVERYTIME I WANT TO ACCESS. IF I'M AWAY MORE THAN TWO MINUTES, IT LOCKS AND THEN I HAVE TO UNLOCK AGAIN BEFORE I CAN DO ANYTHING. I'm going to exchange it for a phone with a scroll ball, so that I can have better control when scrolling down my phone comntact list.

ARRAY(0xd818b554)

Samsung Gravity T t669 Phone, Steel (T-Mobile)
Click for more info
Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available.