Grade B - Good condition, minor signs of use such as light scratches. Works perfect, clean ESN, phone & battery only - no charger.
Perfect for mobile messengers who are ready to step up to the Android platform, the affordable Samsung Gravity SMART for T-Mobile combines a spacious, four-row, side-sliding QWERTY keyboard with a 3.2-inch touchscreen display that also features the innovative Swype onscreen keyboard--allowing for easy text input even when the physical keyboard is closed. Keeping in touch with friends and family is easy thanks to integration with popular social networking sites, a full HTML Web browser, and Group Text capability.
Big, bright, beautiful 3.2-inch touchscreen (red version shown).
Choose the slide-out QWERTY keyboard or Swype onscreen keyboard (see larger image).
Group Text lets you include the whole group in one message, and everyone can see each group member's reply. Emoticons give you a quick way to add some fun and share your feelings to your text messages, while pin-it notes allow you to pin important texts on your home screen. The Gravity SMART also includes the pre-loaded location sharing apps, Latitude and Glympse.
In addition to messaging, the fast 600 MHz processor provides faster and smoother streaming, downloading, playing and gaming, and the phone comes with Uno, Tetris and Bejeweled 2. Powered by the Android 2.2 OS (aka, "Froyo"), you'll be able to take advantage of more than 200,000 apps available in the Android Market.
The 3G-enabled Gravity SMART also offers Wi-Fi networking, and you can take advantage of Wi-Fi calling and Mobile Hotspot capabilities. Other features include a 3-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity for hands-free devices and streaming audio, GPS for navigation and location-based services, access to both personal and corporate e-mail, full integration with Google Mobile services, and up to 5.5 hours of 3G talk time.
The Samsung Gravity SMART weighs 4.76 ounces and measures 4.5 x 2.3 x 0.6 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5.5 hours of talk time, and up to 364 hours (15+ days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G network (1700/2100 MHz).
What's in the Box
Samsung Gravity SMART handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide
- Fast 3G connectivity via T-Mobile's HSDPA/UMTS network. (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA; see more about T-Mobile's 3G service below)
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Wi-Fi Calling enables you to send and receive calls and messages over any Wi-Fi network, whether at home or on the road with Wi-Fi and Mobile Calling--even in areas that have little or no network coverage. (Learn more)
- Mobile Hotspot capabilities allows you to use your phone's 3G/4G mobile broadband to connect laptops and other Wi-Fi enabled devices to the Internet (up to 8 devices).
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and includes stereo audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Android 2.2 OS (Froyo)
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Preloaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
Design and Hardware
- 600 MHz processor
- 3.2-inch capacitive touchscreen display with multi-touch capabilities plus proximity and ambient light sensors.
- Onscreen keyboard plus Swype input.
- MicroUSB port (USB 2.0) with charging and mass storage capabilities.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 3-megapixel camera with LED flash.
- Video capture capabilities
- Pre-loaded photo management apps including Flickr, Kodak, Snapfish and Photobucket.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+.
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264, H.263.
- Memory expansion via microSD with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
Communications & Internet
- Full HTML Web Browser with Flash 10.1 Support
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video, and IM instant messaging
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
Seamless integration of Google Mobile Services (gray version shown; see larger image).
Android Operating System
The Samsung Gravity Smart runs the latest Android operating system--OS 2.2 (aka, Froyo)--which provides a faster overall Android experience as well as greater multitasking capabilities. You'll be able to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open. And it features a plethora of new enhancements, including an improved onscreen QWERTY keyboard, full push corporate e-mail, and support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web. It also offers enhanced Exchange support, with Calendar syncing, Global Address Lookup, improved security, auto-discovery, and more.
With integrated Google technology, the Gravity Smart brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The Gravity Smart also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
T-Mobile Services High-Speed 3G Data Connectivity
In addition to its quad-band GSM connectivity, this phone is also compatible with T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA 3G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum. This phone is designed to automatically connect to the best available network (3G or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile's EDGE network (which stands for "Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution"). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go. T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling Service
Effortlessly transition between Wi-Fi calling and T-Mobile's wireless network while you talk with T-Mobile's innovative Wi-Fi Calling technology. Wi-Fi Calling is a free feature for this phone, and minutes used while connected to the Wi-Fi network count against available rate plan minutes.
Powered by Kineto's Smart Wi-Fi Application, T-Mobile's Wi-Fi Calling for Android smartphones is ready to use out-of-the-box, providing the ability to make voice calls and send SMS from accessible Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) access points across the globe in addition to the connectivity available through T-Mobile's mobile network. The application also includes a tutorial for first-time users.
An alternative to the Android virtual keyboard, the Swype virtual keyboard allows you to input text by swiping the finger with one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard. Based on testing, speed, and accuracy are equal to or better than the traditional keyboard-tapping method. You can activate the Swype keyboard by pressing and holding in a text field, wait for popup to appear, click Input Method, and then select Swype.
In the image to the left, the word "mind" was generated from tracing the path shown to the right in a fraction of a second, by roughly aiming to pass through the letters of the word. A key advantage to Swype is that there is no need to be very accurate, enabling very rapid text entry.
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.