| Samsung's DNIe |
Samsung's revolutionary DNle (click for demo) technology offers digital perfection in naturally presented, crystal-clear images that uncover even the most minute detail.
| Motion Optimizer |
Fast-moving images are optimized to produce more natural-looking motion, thus reducing video noise or blurring.
| Contrast Enhancer |
Brightness and contrast levels are enhanced for deeper, richer blacks with greater detail and more natural whites.
| Color Optimizer |
Colors are reproduced with a more lifelike realism, whites are more accurate, and skin tones are given a more natural hue.
| Detail Enhancer |
DNIe analyzes video signal elements to produce sharper detail, clearer image separation, and more natural edge transition.
This DLP set employs the latest Digital Micromirror Devices (DMD), which have switching speeds twice as fast as previous generation microdisplays and up to 1,000 times faster than competing technologies. When combined with Samsung's new Cinema Smooth 720p light engine, the result is a crisp, bright picture with deep, rich colors that are closer to film.
The HL-R5067W features a widescreen picture aspect ratio (16:9; standard TVs have a 4:3 aspect ratio), which is the ideal screen format for viewing widescreen video from DVD players and the growing availability of broadcast programming off digital HDTV tuners (HD content is always widescreen), cable boxes and satellite receivers.
The HL-R5067W's 3D Y/C digital comb filter constantly analyzes the three dimensions of picture height, picture width, and picture changes-over-time, to reduce dramatically edge image artifacts while improving transition detail. Powered by SamsungÕs Cinema Smooth technology, the 3:2 pulldown cinema video processing feature detects and compensates film--which is shot at 24 frames per second (fps) compared with video's 30 fps rate--to video for a smooth theater-like experience at home.
The Samsung Digital Natural Image engine (DNIe) Video Enhancer refines all analog NTSC and wideband video inputs for an overall improvement in picture quality. DNIe improves contrast, white level, picture detail and incorporates digital noise reduction to improve lower quality video inputs. The Automatic Digital Format Conversion System is compatible with 1080i and 720p HDTV formats, 480p EDTV and 480i SDTV formats. This system will accept any DTV, analog TV, or XGA computer RGB input. All video signals are converted to a 16:9 wide-screen pixel count (1280 x 720) progressive display for flicker-free images.
The 30-watt stereo audio system (two 15-watt speakers) delivers ample sound for sports and movies. It features the following video and audio connections:
- AV in (RCA): 3 (1 side, 2 rear)
- S-Video In: 3 (1 side, 2 rear)
- RF In: 2
- Monitor and Sound Out (RCA): 1 rear
- Component Video Input (Smart Input): 2 rear (480i,480p,720p,1080i)
- DVI Audio In: 1 (rear)
- HDMI: 1 (rear)
- PC In (D-Sub 16-pin): 1 (rear)
- Monitor: 1 (rear)
- Firewire (IEEE1394): 2 (rear)
- POD Slot (CableCARD): 1 rear
- AnyNet (Mini Jack): 1 rear
- Watch two sources at once with 2-Tuner Picture-in-Picture. You can select from a small, movable, re-sizeable window in the corner of the screen, or share the screen with Side-by-Side Split Screen.
- TV Guide On Screen interactive program guide provides listings for cable-ready, cable box, digital cable and over-the-air broadcasts directly on your TV.
- Five pre-set aspect ratio modes--Normal, Wide, Panorama, Zoom 1 and Zoom 2--stretch your image to fill the screen naturally and with less distortion.
- For the times when digital cable features require a set-top box, such as Video-On-Demand, you can connect that box to a second input.
- 1-year warranty for parts and labor
What's in the Box
Samsung HL-R5067W DLP TV, remote control, two AAA batteries, printed instruction book
Experience complete access to the world of HD programming and take a big step towards a tremendous picture with this high performance HDTV. The beautiful, lightweight set delivers a more lifelike picture combined with a slim design to fit where others don't. Plus theres no need for an extra box for HD programming because the unit comes digital cable ready. Also offers a host of connections for DVD players, DTVs, PCs and HDTVs.