Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on February 2, 2011
So a couple of years ago I bought this tv and I have loved it since!!! I just recently woke up from a nap and accidently pressed the tools button and the 3d menu came up!! I have had a 3d tv all along. did everyone else know that this tv is 3d ready. Of course you need dlp shutter glasses (goggles, lol) an emmiter which comes with the pack of glasses ( if you order the kit with the emmiter) and a 3d bluray movie and a 3d bluray player and unfortunately the only player I have found to work is the panasonic 3d bluray player which has a checkerboard playback feature. its a Panasonic DMP-BDT300 or the DMP-BDT350. Good luck finding them or you can purchase a converter made by tru 3d ([...]).It's a good thing that now they've made 3d dlp glasses that are not overly priced made by 3DTV Corp(which you can find here on amazon) If you buy this tv you will be very happy and you get all of the bang for your buck and remember this can also be better in comparison to plasma or lcd in some cases led, because these tv's don't burn out,(this is my personal opinion I also respect anyone else's) the lamp is the only thing you need to replace when it goes out. I have found them as cheap as 150 bucks and you don't need a pro to replace it, if you know nothing about tv's though I would suggest you have someone else do it for you instead.
on September 12, 2009
This tv has a terrific picture and is not much thicker than an LCD or Plasma. I don't think you could mount it on a wall but other wise is as good or better than either of the other two types of HDTV. It has the best picture quality I've seen on a tv and I am glad to have it in my living room. I have a PS3 hooked to it from which I play HD games and watch a ton of BLU-Rays. Lots of input connections and also optical and many RCA outputs.
on September 19, 2008
Just got mine today...four days after ordering! Incredible picture, sleek styling looks great in my living room, and the current financing deal is almost too good to be true. If you're in the market for an HDTV, you can't beat this bang for the buck. Buy it...you won't be disappointed.
on January 18, 2009
Can't believe how nice this TV is, regardless of what I paid for it. I got a deal here on Amazon, less than $1,100 including tax and delivery, but I would be very happy if I had paid more.

For those who want to know these things:
Actual Screen Width: 49" (with a 5/8" bevel along the top and sides)
Actual Screen Height: 27"
Actual Depth of TV: 14" (give or take an inch)

VIEWING ANGLES
Side to side angles - no problems. Vertical angles can be a problem if you are too far above or below the actual screen. The bottom line is that you need to place the TV at a height that puts your eyes within the vertical line of sight of the actual screen (which you would likely do anyhow) or the picture will get dimmer.

What I like the most about this TV is - NO GLARE! None!! Our previous TV was an annoyance in the daytime because of the door, windows and the lamp in the room. You saw everything in the screen, with the Samsung you see NOTHING! except the picture you are supposed to see. Even in the brightest part of the day it is perfect! I was prepared to accept some glare problems because of where this TV is located, but to my amazement there aren't any! NONE!

It is light. When my wife and I bent down to pick it up to put it on the stand, I had myself prepared for a backbreaking load...I nearly sent it through the ceiling. In fact, it is so light, yet big, that if it will be located on a stand where a big dog or children can bump into it, you might want to take precautions.

The remote is nice as well. There are easy remote presets for picture type and picture size that are really convenient. You do not have to go into complicated menus to make adjustments, just push a button (actually the menus are pretty simple as well).

User friendly. I was dreading the endless adjustments and tweeks that must invariably be done...wrong again. Not necessary. Plug it in and turn it on. Seriously. You can make adjustments if you want to, but it is all easy and straight-forward.

The Wii looks absolutely incredible on this TV. The Samsung really shows its stuff when the source (the media or the signal) match the capabilities of the TV. That won't always be the case, but when it does the Samsung makes you proud.

Several friends and family have seen the TV and were impressed by the picture and surprised by the price, as I was. There may be better TV's out there, but I doubt there are better deals.
on March 10, 2011
I did so much research and finally made my decision to buy this TV in January 2009. It was great picture, sound, easy to use, lots of plugs to hook up whatever you want. Last week it started turning on and off by itself. All the troubleshooting I did didn't work so I called Samsung and they sent someone out that same week to fix it. I don't know why people are saying Samsung's customer service is so bad. I had a pretty easy time getting it fixed. The TV works great now. Just know that at one point or another something might go wrong .. but overall it is a very good TV and I still recommend it. If I would have been able to get mine fixed, I would have gotten another one =)
VINE VOICEon November 10, 2008
I purchased two of these in one day. The first one was basically DOA. Worked for about an hour, then lost picture (no, the timer was not on). Then it would not turn off, had to unplug it to turn it off. Plugged it back in and it was still in the on mode and started making a buzzing sound, I was ready for it to catch on fire. Took it right back and got another one, this one works ok other than the color wheel makes an annoying high pitched sound, like a dog whistle. Drives you nuts. Called Samsung and got a very unhelfpul person who sounded like she was 10 and was clueless and yawned on me while I was talking to her. Too bad this tv has issues because becasue the picture is stunning. The store is all out of them so I am either stuck with it or taking it back for a smaller LCD for more money. I wish Amazon sold this and not through one of their re-sellers, I only deal with amazon. 56 inches is perfect size for me and DLP is best bang for your buck. I would try an LED version but Samsung no longer makes the 56 inch in LED.

UPDATE- 11/18/08
Rec'd another set today hoping that the first set was just defective. Well this set also makes the same high pitched noise. It comes from the color wheel, not the fan. Maybe the people who do not hear this have a hearing problem or I just have good ears (my wife also hears it and finds it annoying). After about an hour it gives you a headache and when you turn the TV off it is such a sound of relief. It is a shame because the picture is beautiful but the annoying sound this TV makes makes it un-watchable. Guess I will have to settle for a smaller 52 inch LCD. Too bad bigger LCD's (55 in an up )are not more affordable.
on July 28, 2008
Vann's had a good selection and I found the TV I wanted.
Delivery happened 6 days after I ordered.
Great TV and the price was right. Thanks. I love it!
on February 8, 2009
This was my first big TV purchase. The TV arrived on time in perfect condition. At first I was scared to buy this online because I thought it would be damaged by the shipping process. After the TV arrived I realized I worried for nothing though because it got to my house unscathed and not even a scratch on the box or anything. Also the TV is very light. I was able to move it into my room by myself and lift is over 4 ft in the air to put it up on my veiwing area and did not even throw out my back or damage the TV. I got free shipping and a great low price. I only paid $1058 total on this item and considering how expensive LCD TV's are, I got a huge picture, awesome clarity and funcionality at a very low price. I am a very satisfied customer and would recommend this TV to anyone wanting to upgrade their TV viewing pleasure at a low price. Also I have heard that Samsung will no longer be making these TV's so get them while they are still available because when they are gone, they are gone.
on December 9, 2008
We've only had this set for a couple of months but so far we love it! After the initial setup it had a very good picture, but after purchasing & using a calibration dvd it has a great picture! I believe the quality of the picture is every bit as good as most of the more expensive LCDs & Plasma sets that we were looking at, for approx. half the price. It's only weak point (that I have noticed so far) is it's speaker system, not that it sounds bad but it could be a little stronger. This really is not much of a problem for us since we are used to listening to stock speaker systems. But we may purchase a seperate surround system for this set in the future. I think that would just about make this set perfect!
I highly recommend this set to anyone who wants a very nice display but doesn't want to spend a small fortune.
on March 2, 2012
If you research Samsung DLP TVs you'll discover the pervasive problem of "the white dots". We were happy with this TV until the dots began to appear on the screen. Based on the experience of other unhappy customers this field of white dots will continue to grow until the set is completely unwatchable (it's not very nice with even a few dots). The customer service reps I had to work through were very aware of the white dot defect, but my model wasn't on their list and the unreachable people at the top of the Samsun hierarchy have declared that my money is wasted and it is not their problem. I can accept that a single model of any product might fail for any reason at any time, but this is a well documented design defect and this company has clearly taken a position of stonewalling their affected customers. I've made my living working with computers and AV equipment for over 25 years; dealing with problem equipment is not a new experience for me. This encounter has revealed much more about Samsung than just the problem with my particular television set. Let the buyer beware...