5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT
If you want an HD tv, and want money left over when you buy it, i would recommend you buy this one. I am a poor college student, and i purchased this tv with hard earned money (yes i work, pay for my college, bills, etc).

This tv was a "next generation" tv, and quite affordable. Now i was blu-ray on it and cant imagine it can get any better than this...
Published on June 22, 2007 by Mr Mister

1.0 out of 5 stars Please Beware Design Flaws : WORST COMPANY SERVICE
I purchased this TV as was very aware of DLP using Lamps and Color Wheels etc. So I purchased the extended warranty to cover those items until it both failed completely or would be replaced if it could not be repaired in the future.

Well.... after a month of owning this TV the lamp light came on and the TV is flickering on/off and not showing a picture. I...
Published on January 3, 2008 by ElectroM@gnet

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung 56 review, September 14, 2007
This review is from: Samsung HLT5675S 56-Inch Slim 720p DLP HDTV (Electronics)
My first big screen and for the price you can't beat it. Picked it up at the shipping warehouse 2 days after order. Great deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars unbeatable for the price, September 9, 2007
This review is from: Samsung HLT5675S 56-Inch Slim 720p DLP HDTV (Electronics)
I am not TV snob. but I do enjoy a good TV.
this tv is simply unbeatable for the price.
when watching HD it is amazing
it has a ton of inputs.

I was slightly worried about DLP and it's viewing angle.
but I have had zero issues in my setup.

FYI. I have never listened to the speakers in the TV. I use the a surround sound receiver

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, September 9, 2007
This review is from: Samsung HLT5675S 56-Inch Slim 720p DLP HDTV (Electronics)
So I am not a TV connoisseur, however I do know a good TV when I see it. The 1080/780i etc... I have no clue what that is-- nor do I care. This is an AMAZEING Tv!!! Very smooth looking & the actual TV itself looks top of the line! The picture is great too ... It is a tiny grainy -- but no more then other 56inch TV's! This is my first "big screen tv" -- and it is a BIG SCREEN TV ... I am very happy with it!!! A great deal too .. 989.99 .. inc shipping!!! I dare you to find a better price!! BUY IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, September 5, 2007
This review is from: Samsung HLT5675S 56-Inch Slim 720p DLP HDTV (Electronics)
I'm not a videophile, so there are likely some flaws I'm missing that the serious aficionado might mind, but I think the TV's great. The picture is very clear and bright, the contrast seems fine despite the low contrast rating, and it's response time and UI are both good. Also, for the price it is an amazing value, especially considering that Samsung is the leading brand in DLP right now. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous pricing! Its the mirrors!, September 1, 2007
This review is from: Samsung HLT5675S 56-Inch Slim 720p DLP HDTV (Electronics)
Hey there. If you're reading these reviews, then you're probably in the market for an HDTV. I had my mind set on buying an HDTV for over 8 months. Finally, the time came when I could get one, and this tv stuck out more than others to me.

First off, Samsung rocks at making aesthetically pleasing tvs. This samsung is so hot. The edges around the screen are so thin, that it truly makes the screen size look even bigger than it already is. And its already a whoppin 56 inches. Its very beautiful in my living room :)

Secondly, the colors on it are amazing. I was watching some DVDs through my upconverting dvd player, and the colors were amazing. hot pinks and bright blues... its spectacular.

I play games hardcore, and am currently playing through Metroid Prime 3. It's my first game on such a large tv, and its amazing. Although Wii isn't as hardcore graphicly as PS3 or XBOX 2pi, it is still great. The speeds of the game make no difference to me. I can't tell that this DLP suffers from any of the lag that others talk about, but i haven't tried guitar hero on it. I have no problem with all my wii games that I've played.

Basically:

Pros: Beautiful, Very big, Amazing color, Extremely affordable compared to LCD or Plasma of the same size

Cons: Perhaps the speakers, but that is easily fixable with home theatre speakers, which I plan to purchase. Waiting on the tv to arrive.

5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars My Experience, August 31, 2007
This review is from: Samsung HLT5675S 56-Inch Slim 720p DLP HDTV (Electronics)
Got my set delivered yesterday.....

My Order through Amazon had no problems. The set ended up at the Philly wharehouse of Eagle in about one week. Eagle called for a next-day delivery and they delivered the set as promised. The package had no damage and the delivery man took the set out of the box and put it on my TV stand. I plugged it in and connected the cable box. The TV worked fine so I accepted delivery.

Connecting the Cable box, DVD and XBox was a snap and the picture quality is great. I did tone down the Contrast that was set to maximum but I read elsewhere that this is the standard setting from the factory.

Since this is my first HD TV, I expected to be impressed by the picture and I am! I can't give any rating with respect to other HD sets. I am impressed that I have no difficulty with the room being very bright during the day. Actually, at night, I had to leave some lights on since the picture is soo bright it was hurting my eyes!!

So far, I'm very happy!

Update: I've had the set for 2 weeks now and no problems. I'm spoiled by HD shows and have trouble watching my favorite shows that are not in HD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best TV that I have ever owned, August 30, 2007
Techie 13 (Millville, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung HLT5675S 56-Inch Slim 720p DLP HDTV (Electronics)
I absolutely love this TV. The images and colors are brighter than any LCD or plasma display. Even better, there is no loss of image quality in the 56" version. I continue to "wow" friends and family when they come over and see the TV.

Analog channels are grainy but that is the nature of the beast. The grainy picture is going to be exemplified on ANY TV of this size. Digital channels are very nice looking and HD channels are absolutely amazing. I find myself tuning into the Discovery HD channel quite often to drool over the images along with the vibrant blues of the sky and ocean scenes.

You will definitely want to disable the speakers and use your own surround sound.

The price with deliver simply cannot be beat. Samsung is a solid, dependable name in an age where industry leaders are abandoning quality and customer service. Overall, this is the best electronics value that I have encountered this decade.

3.0 out of 5 stars Samsung HLT5675S 56" Slim 720p DLP HDTV, August 14, 2007
This review is from: Samsung HLT5675S 56-Inch Slim 720p DLP HDTV (Electronics)
TV is very light and it almost looks like an LCD or HD TV. The only complaint I have is that image is grainy so unless you plan on getting HD DT or Digital TV the image quality isn't that great. I have some channels that do get 1080i signal however the image quality still isn't up to par with other TV's that have higher contrast ratio. But then again I can't complain because I only got this 56" for only $899 TOTAL!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars happy with samsung, September 30, 2007
T. Kozlowski (Grand Island, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung HLT5675S 56-Inch Slim 720p DLP HDTV (Electronics)
Got the Samsung 56" for only $50 more thab the 51"! Couldn't beat the deal. Delivery was a couple days sooner than estimated. Sometimes, when on a channel with a ticker tape at top or bottom the 'smile' effect mentioned in previous reviews is slightly noticeable, but not too bad. I would definitely reccommend! Picture is nice but I bet will be better once the HD guy comes in a couple of weeks.

1.0 out of 5 stars do not buy from here, August 28, 2007
This review is from: Samsung HLT5675S 56-Inch Slim 720p DLP HDTV (Electronics)
I ordered this product 2 1/2 weeks ago. Sent a check in the same day. I still have not heard any changes in my order status. I called the customer support and they were the worst customer support I have ever dealt with!! The site is in english but apparently none of their support speaks it. Very poor.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›