Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 questions
votes
I agree with Gina. I did extensive research back in 1/07 about the DLP bulb vs DLP LED. I went with the LED since Samsung claimed it would last 20,000 hrs vs 3,000 with the Lamp. So, as a result, I did not get the best buy extended warranty b/c they said this thing was good for a lifetime. There is no bulb to replace so I went with the LED. BTW-it's the Samsung 56" DLP w/LED. Just yesterday, this thing died! I calculated at most I've used this TV for 2000 hrs and it's a goner. The LED engine costs $800 to replace...now what kind of benefit is that? At least the DLP lamp version allows you to replace the bulb for about $150. This is ridiculous and unless they do something for me to fix this, I will never buy a samsung again. STAY AWAY!
Jul 20, 2009 by Justin A. Caranfa
votes
Here ia a direct quote from the Samsung service manual: "Any `creaking' noise is mostly from the structure of the device itself. A short, harsh noise may occur from a distortion or malformation due to thermal expansion between the metal joints, screws and loaded parts, respectively. Any intermittent `creaking' noise can be removed by loosening the screws." I purchased the service manual out of my own curiosity as to how it works. I will not try to service this set myself while the warranty is in effect. Purchased the manual from "manualuniverse.com" for about $18.00. They also have a manual titled; "Samsung HL--Txx87 & HL-txx89 DLP TV "Halo" Problem Fix". From my previous CRT RP HDTV I often heard a loud crack after the set was turned off for a while. I have not heard that noise from my current HL-T5687S. Good luck!
Jan 19, 2008 by Ishkabibbel
votes
Well I heard two things about that. First the HLT5687S had a halo issue on some of the model and it looks like that is fixed in the HTL5687SAX. Second I heard that the HLT5687SAX is manufactured in America. Don't know if thats true or not.
Dec 18, 2007 by Todd Skelton
votes
Jordan: Thanks for taking the time to reply: I must admit I knew NONE of the things U mentioned. I think I may try to find a calibration disk, or wud setting up my TV via the THX method set it for all input sources?
Jul 15, 2007 by LaPlante
votes
It sounds like you are watching standard TV in wide mode. You need to change your TV Picture settings to normal for standard TV. These are shows that are not in High Def. Since this a wide screen TV, when you are watching regular shows, you should have bars on the sides. That is normal 4:3 mode. Wide mode is an option to fill the screen. But everyone looks Fat.
Jun 28, 2007 by A. Goodman
votes
Yes it has an ATSC tuner, you will need to connect some sort of antenna and it does very well with over the air content. I would recommend going to antennaweb.org to see what the best antenna choice is for your area.
Jun 26, 2014 by Sound Sleeper 7 - 9
votes
Definately anti-reflective and well done at that! You will love this set!
Jan 19, 2008 by Ishkabibbel
votes
I'm with you. I was waiting for pay day and 2 days before the price went up. I'm hoping it goes down in the next few days/weeks. Amazon does have a 30 day price guarantee where if the price goes down after you've ordered you can contact them and they'll refund you.
Dec 18, 2007 by J. Lee
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers