Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 8, 2013
I priced this and this was the cheapest I found. The tripod that came with it is just a tiny desktop one used for interviews or such. But that is ok since it was still cheaper than anywhere else when I got it. I love the zoom and the picture on it. I use it for my sports and it's great so far.
on July 17, 2013
I ordered this camera bundle for my wife as she is a YouTuber. The bundle seemed to be everything she needed.The camera is awesome and takes great video with very little training and has excellent picture. However, the tripod that comes with it is a crappy little desk tripod not the full sized tripod showed and described. Upon contacting Amazon , they were not pleased that the seller did this and immediately contacted the seller on my behalf. The seller shipped my full sized tripod the following Monday but however did not send it overnight or anything faster due to their negligence inconveniencing me further. It is now expected to arrive on or after a date next week. I needed it today
22 comments|186 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2014
I have mixed feelings about this camera. In good light or outdoors, it is fantastic. indoors,in low or even medium light, it just doesn't do it. If you are going to shoot indoor videos, make sure you have LOTS of light.
on December 23, 2012
Excellent camcorder, lightweight, comfortable, all accessories of good quality, has a very good zoom, for my first camcorder I am very pleased, it is easy to use and has very good features.
on August 5, 2013
I love this little camera. I use it both as a camera and a video recorder. Takes great shots indoors and out. As in most automatics, the quality decreases with the light, but very good for what it is. Getting the 32 gb chip in the deal makes it a real bargain. The case is generic and doesn't fit well. The tri pod is cute and somewhat useful if you have a surface to set it on. All these little extras aren't worth much, but then what could you expect? It is much much more than I expected for the price.
on October 6, 2013
The optical zoom works well with minimal distortion. Digital image stabilization is good. White balance is good but daylight can cause purple blurs with a non-optimal angle. Picture is very sharp and measures up to the listed specs.

The autofocus works well enough but is too partial to the borders as opposed to the center. It also seems to pick whatever makes the most lines, so if you center on something on grass, you'll get a nice blur on some well-focused grass. Manual focus is annoyingly a menu option only, no dedicated buttons on the actual camera, so it is slow.

I get 30 to 40 minutes per battery charge.

Photographs are horrible. Do not buy this for the photographs.

Why the 5 stars with all the criticism, because it delivers good 720p video with good optical zoom and is cheap. Worth the money and easily beats any non-camcorder option.
on August 14, 2013
picked this up for a wedding gift for my daughter to use on her honeymoon...she loved it.
perfect size and easy to use!
on December 27, 2012
Easy to operate, love that it takes still shots while recording. Great volume/mic sound. Really great size, fits just in hand and not bulking or uncomfortable
on April 1, 2015
I think the camera itself will be fine,I laughed when I saw the tripod, only three inches high, it would have been very disappointing if I were depending on it, thankfully I already own one. Another problem I had was the instructions, they were very clear at all, and you need a magnifying glass to read them, mostly just small pictures , nothing explaining how to use it. I just had to play with it for two hours pushing buttons to see what happens. It is a nice size, fits in your hand with a side strap to slide your hand through. It. Does come with everything you need. Hope this will help. I do think it was priced well for what you get.
on May 25, 2014
Got this as a gift after the wife and I had a baby, works well. Picture and sound quality are decent. Doesn't upload to Mac or iMovie, however. Wish we knew this before we loaded the camera with 4 dozen movies. Just hoping this review will keep someone else from making the same mistake, or that Samsung might correct this in future models.

Also, for anyone who has the same problem I have, there are workarounds to get your videos onto your Mac, but you have to jump through a few hoops to get there. The easiest I've found is to plug the camera into the USB, open the camera on your desktop, drag the movie files to the desktop and then drag them into iMovie. It's a slow process (especially when you have as many video clips as we do) but it works.