5.0 out of 5 stars Alot of punch in a small package.
Published on November 10, 2011 by L-ROD

1.0 out of 5 stars So so product, bad customer support
After several months of the purchase, the rear speak has buzzing sound.

The worst part is the Samsung customer support.

Don't buy Sumsung product
Published 23 months ago by NotHappy

5.0 out of 5 stars Alot of punch in a small package., November 10, 2011
L-ROD (TURLOCK, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung HT-D5210C Blu-ray Home Theater System (Electronics)
This is my first review ever and I've spent thousands over the years on Amazon. I had to write a review to let everyone know what a great home theater system this is, giving I didn't expect it to be much. I actually got this system at Costco for only $299. After the easy installation and setup using a microphone for speaker calibration, I was simply amazed. You hear absolutely no distortion from any of the speakers, not even at maximum volume. I have this setup in a fairly large living room and the subwoofer provides hard-hitting clean bass. The only con I have is that the shiny black finish to the system attracts dust quickly. Don't pass up this system. Menu interface is awesome. I have a $1,400 that I replaced and this Samsung system blows it out of the water. Best purchase I've made in a while. Modern warfare is a beast now! Good job Samsung.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the $$$!!!, April 15, 2012
I'm a mobile DJ so sound quality is a MAJOR factor for me! I figured it'd be a cheap fixture and sound crappy but I was amazing for only 300 bucks it sounds twice as better then when I check out my parents surround sound that they spent over 1,200 dollars for! just like the guy said the glossy does pick up some dust. but I'd rather have dust then poor sound quality! I crank this all the time to some good tunes and surprising for how small they are sounds just as good as my dj equipment for granted it's not as loud as it but close enough and that I've spent well over 15,000 dollar for my equipment! so Samsung was sure thinkin on the right track and compacted it!! I'd be considerate to have this as my mobile equipment since it dont way over 40lbs per speaker lol...:) worth the money I must say and bring full Movie theater effects to your OWN home! at the fraction of the cost going to a movie theater;) well made!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars So so product, bad customer support, January 22, 2013
After several months of the purchase, the rear speak has buzzing sound.

The worst part is the Samsung customer support.

Don't buy Sumsung product

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, May 30, 2012
This unit is awesome and arrived very quickly. I put this in my bedroom and it rivals the Denon receiver and Boston Acoustics high end system I have in my living room, which is great considering my Boston woofer is powered. Woke my roommate up playing call of duty the first day i turned it on :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good system except for 2 issues, February 6, 2014
PrinceWm (Austin, TX, US) - See all my reviews
Very nice system, with lots of useful features. I give it 4 out of 5 because of 2 issues:
1. I do not like the remote that comes with it. The button placement is not logical or user friendly, and they are not back lit, so in a dark room (i.e. when watching a movie), it's very difficult to pause, f-fward, etc... without turning on a light. Very disappointing that something so basic and necessary was overlooked.
2. The Mute for the system only lasts about 8-10 seconds, then returns itself to full volume. No option to change that. Defeats the main purpose of Mute.
Both of those issues are huge negatives, so there is no way I'd give it a 5 unless both of those were updated.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, April 28, 2013
Ok to start I guess I could say the sound isn't completely horrible but I get better bass from a set of jWIN speakers & sub I have on my computer and it only cost like $20-$40 and they were given to me, for free, about 3 years ago and still are better... The surround sound isn't bad when you're using it on the right settings. I used to have a cheap (comparably) $160 Sony surround sound I bought from walmart years ago for my tv and it had 10x better sound. I was pretty disappointing with it but after using it for several months and figuring things out with it I felt I should warn people. I wont buy Samsung again, at least for a very long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good blu-ray, December 24, 2012
This system met all my requirements- inexpensive, fast player speed, and simple to use. I would gladly purchase another one in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality for price, November 6, 2012
Simply put, for the price, it's loaded with features that work with my Samsung TV and the sound quality is impressive to the average consumers ear. The only true downside is the glossy finish that Samsung seems to like using, attracts dust quickly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great System at a Great Price, December 17, 2012
Bought this system refurbished on Ebay in March 2012. Couldn't find much info about this model, and very few reviews. I purchased it hoping for the best, and so far its been great. We also purchased a 3DTV at the same time, so we are able to take advantage of everything this home theater system does. The only reason I won't give it 5 stars is the horrible noises it makes when it is reading discs. Thankfully while actually viewing movies the noise is not present, but when it is loading and going between menus it is present - the noise isn't crazy loud, but definitely there.
We've watched several 3D movies with this player, they were all awesome. We've used the internet apps, all work very well. Using the automatic speaker setting (sorry, can't recall exact name of the process) works pretty well, altho I did make some minor adjustments to better tweak it for our space. I'm not sure why it is so difficult to find information about this system, my thought was that it was an early release and they quickly moved to the D5300's. My in-laws have one of the newer Samsung systems and it is nice, but I can't see/hear anything that makes it ultimately superior to this one.
If you can find this system for a good price, go for it. I did, and haven't been disappointed yet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good bass, November 17, 2012
Joseph P. Durham, Jr. (West Monroe, Louisiana) - See all my reviews
The Samsung surround sound system did not have a really good bass and was difficult to set up. also, the speakers could have been a bit bigger.

Samsung HT-D5210C Blu-ray Home Theater System