5.0 out of 5 stars Great system
Published on May 22, 2012 by Kemar Edwards

Inexpensive, good sound, small form factor, needs improved firmware to eliminate network amd "SMART" issues.
Published on July 13, 2012 by SRV

5.0 out of 5 stars Great system, May 22, 2012
This review is from: Samsung HT-E4500 HTIB 5.1 Channel 3D Blu-ray 1000-Watt Home Theater System (Electronics)
When I first saw the speakers, I said, I will ne returning these in the morning. They look small but they sound super clear. The bass is not the best but for the price range it beats all HTIB out there. It does not have any Hdmi in ports, and the speakers need screws or nails to mount on wall. I dont think they are brackets out there for this type. The internet is not wireless you need an adapter from samsung. If you have a small to medium room this will work great. The surround speakers are not wireless. I dont think you can change the speakers out. the apps are a hit or miss. I use a hdmi and an optical cord for setup. The volume goes up to 50 BUT I leave it at 23 its loud enough for me. You cannot change the frequency of the speakers, only the db loudness. It has a small equalizer settings not too much going on there. I love it for the price
I recommend

3.0 out of 5 stars Samsung HT-E4500 Good Sound and Video, Network and Smart Functions need improvement, July 13, 2012
SRV (Florida,USA) - See all my reviews
This system fits well into a tight space and still fills a large room with clear sound. There are many adjustment options to personalize the separate speakers both level and EQ. However the option to adjust the EQ becomes disabled after you set it one time and reboot the system. There are also many issues with the network features were the system will become non-resposive when trying to start the "SMART " functions, the screen will blank out with just the word "STARTING" at the top and a spining icon. After several trys you might get it to enter the SMART menu but only to find it requires you to re-enter all the agreement confirmations again and reload all the updates. This happens over and over each time you turn the system off and on. I believe the firmware needs many improvements before this system is ready for the average home user. If your looking for low cost and can put up with the quirks of the firmware then the sound and Blu-Ray portion of the system is very good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Speaker Wires, August 30, 2012
I never would have bought this item had I been able to see how the speaker wires are hooked up to the speakers and Blue Ray. It is not what I expected and the online pictures did not display the actual wiring. The speaker wires are hard wired into the speakers, they are not RCA ready. In addition the wiring system is set up for a small area, if your room is bigger then 10 x 10 you will not be able to place any speakers behind you. Also, the Blue Ray does not accept bare wire or RCA wire. Although the sound is good ... it is not great!

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYERS BEWARE!, December 25, 2012
This system was easy to setup once I read the instructions, The wall speakers are small, lightweight and easy to place almost anywhere in the room. Plenty of speaker wire is given to each speaker. To be honest, I had NO idea such loud, crisp, and dynamic sound could come from speakers of this size! The included subwoofer produces loud and booming bass as well. You will LOVE this home theater system especially for the price. The 3D sound option truly give the sound an added layer of depth. While watching "American Werewolf in London" on blu-ray I thought the beast was in my living room and circling me, If you have an HDTV but not a home theater, this is for you. You will not believe what you've been missing. Sound really is half the experience. The Blu-Ray player itself plays back all movies with a great picture. Great product, great price! (prior to 2/16/13)

...That was then and this is now (4/30/13). BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!! AVOID THIS PRODUCT AND SAMSUNG LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! Appx 2 months after purchasing this home theater system it quit playing disc's of any kind. After 4-5 phone calls with Samsung I got a return authorization for repair. Bad part is, there's no warranty center in Kansas City to repair such items for Samsung. Worst part is, it cost me $45 more of my own money to ship it to Samsung's warranty center in Long Beach, CA (KOAMBRA). I now know that at least one of their customer service representatives should've sent me a shipping label at no cost to me. Anyways, KOAMBRA fixed in a timely fashion and got it back to me appx a week and a half later. Two weeks later it quit playing discs again. With the total absence of an HDMI "IN" it became an expensive analog surround sound receiver. This time though, I DID get a shipping label from Samsung to return my product again to KOAMBRA for repair. I mailed off the unit to KOAMBRA on 4/10/13, they received it on 4/15/13. From here it just goes downhill! Text msg's sent to me read that my unit would be repaired by 4/18. It still said the same on 4/23. On 4/23 I call Samsung and they were told by KOAMBRA that there had been a SNAFU regarding my product and it would be repaired immediately and sent out for overnight delivery on 4/26. This never happened. I kept getting "the repair facility has accepted your repair. Please send in unit if you have not yet done so" &, THEN, "The work on your unit is in progress, the expected completion date is 4/18/13"! ALL on 4/26! On 4/26 Samsung Executive Customer Relations issued an outright replacement for my unit to to the delays and it too would be overnight delivered to me. Today is 4/30/13. Still no unit replacement. I've spoken with 3 different Samsung Executive Customer Relations officers since 4/26 and they say it will "be sent out soon". Im still getting text messages that say "the processing facility is waiting for your unit. Please send in the unit if you have not yet done so". Just one problem... I SENT IT IN 3 WEEKS AGO TO KOAMBRA! They started work on my unit and then mysteriously quit. Then, they reassure Samsung it would be done by 4/26. It wasn't. Now, Samsung is apparently holding my exchange hostage while they wait for me to send in a unit I don't have! Samsungs warranty center, KOAMBRA, does! And they've either lost it or something. I'm not the type to gripe but Ive been given the literal "run around" by Samsung. This is the problem with buying a product like this online. You can't take it anywhere for an exchange and you're at the mercy of companies like Samsung and their derelict warranty centers like KOAMBRA. I urge you all with caution to look at buying a product like this at a local store such as Walmart or Best Buy. And more to it, I would avoid Samsung products. I for one will never purchase another Samsung product ever again. Their Executive Customer Relation officers are polite and courteous but don't seem to have a clue. All I want is the exchange or a refund. If this delay continues the BBB will be informed.

5.0 out of 5 stars its good for a regular sized room!!!, June 26, 2012
the sound n picture quality is awesome!!! the only thing that bothered me is the speaker wires... it kind of looks messy but if you can conceal it well then its perfect other than that i absolutely love it!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and picture, but the Smart Hub feature sucks!!!!, September 2, 2012
Don't be fooled by the small speaker sizes, they do deliver big home theater sound. The issue i have,and after being online to tech help sites, it seems I'm not alone, is the Smart Hub's connectivity issues.Its almost like it has a mind of its own and i don't mean that in a good way!!! Don't bet on connecting to the app sever when you want to,especially if you're looking forward to watching something on Netflix cause you just might not get on!

4.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding product, May 17, 2012
T. Conrad (Fort Wayne, Indiana) - See all my reviews
Easily one of the better surround sound blu-ray systems you can buy. The price seems to very depending on where you look but trust me, it's worth it. The sound is super crisp, the picture is amazing and the Pandora, Netflix apps are great as well, the remote even has those items right on the interface for easy access. Samsung really did a great job with this, love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars 3D is Amazing with Great Sound Too!!, July 19, 2012
Gregory Eastvedt (Longmont, CO, United States) - See all my reviews
This is the second Samsung HTIB that I have owned and I have been impressed with Samsung's quality. This one has Great Surround Sound and incredible 3D capabilities. I would have given it 5 stars had the speakers not had permanent wires attached. I would have preferred that the wires were detachable like my last Samsung HTIB. That would have made it easier to attach them to the pre-wired speaker system in my house.

3.0 out of 5 stars If I could go back, I'd get something else, August 7, 2012
It seems to be working now...finally, after 2 weeks. I hooked this system up to my Samsung LCD, and the blu ray worked fine. Not amazing, but it was fine. I was also able to hook it up to my record player, but it didn't work for the first few days. When I say it didn't work, what I mean is that the sound was horrendous...like someone scraping nails on a chalkboard. It was screeching. Then one day, I decided to try it again, and I didn't change anything, and it magically started working. The biggest issue I've had with it is hooking it up to my PS3 and cable. I finally got it to work with the the PS3 yesterday after talking to Samsung for an hour. The only thing they had me do was reset it, which meant holding down the stop button on the receiver for about 8 seconds. Somehow it started working after that. I had to buy an optical cable to hook it up to the ps3 though. BEWARE: There is only one HDMI port! This makes everything very difficult. I don't particularly think the interface is very good. I'd go with a different brand. Sony offers a better product for similar price. I was so close to sending it back, but only didn't out of inconvenience. If you only want it for the blu-ray, keep in mind that it isn't wireless, unless you spend another $35 on a wireless adapter. So if you have an ethernet cable nearby, you can use that, but for the rest of us, it's not the best blu-ray technology on the market. I mostly wanted it for the surround sound, as I already have a PS3 for blu-ray...and I wish I'd have chosen something else.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay until..., September 10, 2012
This surround sound was okay for about a week or two. It sounded really great with just three of the speakers up. Before we got the stuff to hang the other two speakers up the blu-ray player started messing up. When we would try to turn the power off to it, it would just stay stuck in that mode, and we would have to completely unplug the player for it to go completely off. While we were waiting on a return label to be received the player got so bad that even killing the power wouldn't make it go all the way off all the time. Sometimes we could kill the power then plug it back up and it would go back to where it was stuck at. Needless to say, we just sent it back today for a refund since the company we got it through doesn't do exchanges. Oh well, their loss. I will just get one from somewhere else. Despite the problems, it did sound really good, when it was working.

Rate and Discover Movies