5.0 out of 5 stars Read the instructions!
A lot of the negative reviews seem to be caused by not reading the instructions completely, or understanding how to properly connect.
Published 6 months ago by Hmaxim

3.0 out of 5 stars Entry Level, Gets the Job Done
Bought Samsung unit to go with my 42" LG LCD in my living room (380 square ft.)

Overall works ok with TV, Xbox 360. Using Optical cable I grabbed at Best Buy (rocketfish 6ft works great).

Pros:
+Bluetooth works (just ok, I find myself re-syncing my iPhone a lot and my one laptop will simply not load the driver at all).
+Bass is...
Published 8 months ago by Minnesota Gamer

5.0 out of 5 stars Read the instructions!, January 12, 2014
This review is from: Samsung HW-F355 2.1-Channel 120-Watt Soundbar (Black) (Electronics)
First, this soundbar remote WILL control a Samsung TV and, if connected via a digital audio cable, WILL power on and off with the TV alone...no need to power on the soundbar separately.Once the TV is shut off the soundbar will remain on for 20 minutes and then power itself off. It actually does say this on the instruction manual!
The digital audio cable is the best choice. Connect from the TV to the soundbar, not from the cable box to the soundbar.
There are several sound options via the remote. I prefer "Drama" over any of the other choices for movies and TV shows. You need to play with it and see what you like.
The subwoofer will give you a nosebleed. If it is turned up passed +2 or +3 it will tend to muddle the other sound frequencies. Be conservative with it to get full fidelity.
If you want to see this soundbar before buying, go to Sears. They have it there set up for demo. The price is better here on Amazon. There are many preset sound options with this product. But that is actually a good thing, as long as you take the time to explore them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A STEAL!, July 9, 2013
Instant upgrade to any home theater system. I have a new Samsung 51 inch TV that has OK speakers, but once I added this system, I was BLOWN AWAY with how much it can do with such an inexpensive package.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., August 29, 2013
Too cool. Works flawlessly with my Samsung TV, and the blue tooth with my iPad and iPhone is a plus. plus. Highly recommend this to anyone who wants a great sounding system for not too much money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Bang for your Buck, April 22, 2013
This is a pretty good sound bar. It will not replace a full fledged 7.1 system, but it will sound much better then your flat screen's normal speakers. It has an optical input, normal audio in, and Blue-Tooth, so you have a few connection options. I am happy with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade, August 19, 2013
Great upgrade for the price. Good sound for large room. small profile on both speaker and sub, Easy to pair Bluetooth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it!, August 9, 2013
I knew this would obviously sound better than the speakers in my Vizio TV(E420i-A0) but I underestimated how much better it would sound. I am no audiophile, nor is my wife, but we were both blown away by the sound considering what we paid. For the price, you cannot go wrong with this sound bar. Setup was easy and simple. Samsung released a firmware upgrade for this model on 8/7/13 and it was very easy to install and did so within seconds. There were two files to upload and they have to be done individually. I was originally a little annoyed by this but like I said it each was done in a matter of seconds. I think one took about 20 seconds and the other about 5. I hooked it up with an AmazonBasics Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable, 6 Feet(which will get it's own review shortly) and it snapped in with ease. This item does not come with an optical cable. I almost knocked of a star for that but again, for the price.........I was able to pair this item with my cable remote(Cox), no problem, so I can control the volume with that remote. You do have to switch the volume control on the remote from TV to AUX, which is very simple. I easily paired it with my Samsung phone and can now play music from my phone through the speakers. I am very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy for the money!, August 23, 2013
Bryan (Sunny California) - See all my reviews
I really liked this system despite some of the reviews I read. Very easy to hook up and get running. It took a few minutes to adjust to my liking and I was watching a BluRay in minutes. Loud, clear sound with a nice clear bass sub-woofer. It's not top quality, but like I said for the money, it was a tremendous upgrade from the speakers on the TV that point to the wall. With the tight budget I'm on lately, I wanted something that I could enjoy BluRay's as well as music DVD's and concerts streaming from the internet and netflix. All worked great.

What I like most, is being able to come home, press one button to turn the speakers on, then pair my phone and continue listening where I left off using Bluetooth! Great function and very convenient. You get a little more than you pay for with this system. I
d highly recommend it for the average person or family that just wants better sound and a louder system while watching tv and movies. I'll probably get something with higher power later, but for now this is going to work great for years. Thanks also to Ocean Reef Electronics that sold it to me. I chose to go with the refurbished because I didn't have very high expectations for $100. Well, Samsung and Ocean Reef out did themselves. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, November 29, 2013
This is an awesome value -- one of my best purchases to date. I am a retail manager at Macys so I understand the meaning of value. As a first time shopper on Amazon, I am so pleased with this purchase. I was looking for a surround sound to enhance my family experience in the living room. I shopped around town -- Best Buy, Walmart & KMart (Kmart supposedly had a closed out sale. None of these stores feature a sound bar with a subwoofer for this price. Not only that the product met my needs but Amazon delivery time was next to none. I received two days free delivery. I purchased the it on Mon Nov 26 & received it on Wed Nov 27, just in time for Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving I showed it off to friends and family while featuring my fav genre of music -- reggae. I also watched movies with the 3D surround, which gives amazing effects. Don't pass up on this item. This is a must buy for the price. The only drawback I had was the set-up, which since im not technically savvy, could be a fault of mine. I was setting up the input output plugs to tye TV instead of the Satellite box. If you have Satellite or Cable you will have to plug these wires into the box instead of straight to your TV. This might be a basic one for most of you, but for me this was my only challenge which was neither Samsung or Amazon's fault. Nevertheless, calling Samsung helpline made the set-up easy as they directedme through the set up process. Hope you take a moment to read this post & consider purchasing this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars good for the price, May 17, 2013
Good for the price, bass is nice. Too bad it won't link with Samsung TV and turn up/down with TV volume, you have to use its own remote to adjust volume separate from TV. It might do it via bluetooth, but this should be a feature that automatically knows its hooked to a Samsung TV linked via optical cord. TV volume and soundbar volume are always on, the TV sound does not cut off. Soundbar option allows it to come on when TV turned on, and shuts itself off after 20m when the TV turns off. The sound is strong, really helps add depth. It fits a 40" Samsung TV nicely, cannot really see it as it blends well at the bottom of the TV.

3.0 out of 5 stars Entry Level, Gets the Job Done, October 17, 2013
Bought Samsung unit to go with my 42" LG LCD in my living room (380 square ft.)

Pros:
+Bass is effective but not overkill
+Remote is small and get the job done
+LCD isn't overly bright
+Sound and sound options are 3.5 stars for the price point

Cons:
-sitting flat it tilts upward a bit
-bluetooth connections are kind of limited
-Smart Volume works well with some media, not well with others.
-occasional voice delay while using Xbox 360 despite settings being done properly

Overall not a bad unit for a small place. Samsung could have executed better in packing with a 6ft Optical cable and updating it's bluetooth drivers out of the box. Firmware updates are a real pain in the but.

Buy it if you want simple, check out Polk's soundbars if you want a bit more oomph in your setup.

Rate and Discover Movies