5.0 out of 5 stars Read the instructions!
A lot of the negative reviews seem to be caused by not reading the instructions completely, or understanding how to properly connect.
First, this soundbar remote WILL control a Samsung TV and, if connected via a digital audio cable, WILL power on and off with the TV alone...no need to power on the soundbar separately.Once the TV is shut off the soundbar will remain...
Published 10 months ago by Hmaxim

3.0 out of 5 stars Entry Level, Gets the Job Done
Bought Samsung unit to go with my 42" LG LCD in my living room (380 square ft.)

Overall works ok with TV, Xbox 360. Using Optical cable I grabbed at Best Buy (rocketfish 6ft works great).

Pros:
+Bluetooth works (just ok, I find myself re-syncing my iPhone a lot and my one laptop will simply not load the driver at all).
+Bass is...
Published 13 months ago by Minnesota Gamer

‹ Previous | 1 2 331 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars good for the price, May 17, 2013
This review is from: Samsung HW-F355 2.1 Channel 120 Watt Wired Audio Soundbar (Electronics)
Good for the price, bass is nice. Too bad it won't link with Samsung TV and turn up/down with TV volume, you have to use its own remote to adjust volume separate from TV. It might do it via bluetooth, but this should be a feature that automatically knows its hooked to a Samsung TV linked via optical cord. TV volume and soundbar volume are always on, the TV sound does not cut off. Soundbar option allows it to come on when TV turned on, and shuts itself off after 20m when the TV turns off. The sound is strong, really helps add depth. It fits a 40" Samsung TV nicely, cannot really see it as it blends well at the bottom of the TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it!, August 9, 2013
I knew this would obviously sound better than the speakers in my Vizio TV(E420i-A0) but I underestimated how much better it would sound. I am no audiophile, nor is my wife, but we were both blown away by the sound considering what we paid. For the price, you cannot go wrong with this sound bar. Setup was easy and simple. Samsung released a firmware upgrade for this model on 8/7/13 and it was very easy to install and did so within seconds. There were two files to upload and they have to be done individually. I was originally a little annoyed by this but like I said it each was done in a matter of seconds. I think one took about 20 seconds and the other about 5. I hooked it up with an AmazonBasics Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable, 6 Feet(which will get it's own review shortly) and it snapped in with ease. This item does not come with an optical cable. I almost knocked of a star for that but again, for the price.........I was able to pair this item with my cable remote(Cox), no problem, so I can control the volume with that remote. You do have to switch the volume control on the remote from TV to AUX, which is very simple. I easily paired it with my Samsung phone and can now play music from my phone through the speakers. I am very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Quality At Bargain Basement Price, September 24, 2013
David T (North Beach, MD) - See all my reviews
There doesn't seem to be many really great bargains these days but you just tripped over one. The Samsung HW-F355 2.1 Channel 120 Watt Soundbar is a quality piece of electronic gear for a measly $150. No, you won't be rattling loose the windows with this basic soundbar in Samsung's current line but for a great price your going to get plenty of everything else.
Bluetooth ... check. Digital Optical ... check. Freestanding Subwoofer ... check. Plus the soundbar looks really cool with a useful digital readout and touch button operation and a remote. I bought a new Sony LED HDTV and the built in speakers were crap. With this soundbar hooked up and doing an AB test you really can hear all the background signals you are missing not to mention how much fuller anything musical sounds. There's ample enough volume to properly fill my 25 by 25 foot rec room but what's nice is I have an easy chair about eight feet away from the soundbar and I can still enjoy a great response from the unit at lower listening levels at night. The Samsung HW-F355 has a few neat features you would think would be only on higher priced versions such as a "sound-effect" button on the remote with six choices like "game", "music" and "sports" each with a slightly different characteristic. The "sports" has a very slight reverb as if listening to a stadiums loudspeakers. In the center of the soundbar is a neat digital display that welcomes you when powered up and announces any change in programming ... really cool. Just above that display is a touch sensitive set of buttons that also control all functions in lieu of the remote. You can also tell from the packaging the unit comes in, up to the easy to install (supplied) wall mounting bracket, that this is a well engineered and thought out piece of gear. For a bargain basement price Samsung's entry level soundbar will be a super nice upgrade over your current factory installed flatscreen speakers. If I were you I'd hit the order button right now before Samsung figures it out and bumps the price up. You'd have to spend twice as much to really get something that much better. P.S.- don't skimp on the digital optical cable (comes with RCA plugs)... get this one ...Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with Metal Connectors and Braided Jacket 6 Feet

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Sound, but Remote is Not User Friendly, August 17, 2013
Love the sound, but none of the codes on my Time Warner 1056 remote or other universal remotes seem to work with this. Samsung told me to buy a harmony remote, which is a 60 dollar remote. That doesn't seem too fair if I've already paid for a sound bar. It's not too much for me to expect it to be user friendly. I ended up buying a $15 URC A6 learning remote. However, you will have to use the learning feature to program it to the sound bar remote,as none of the Samsung codes work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely disappointing - Samsung... Shame on you!, August 15, 2014
Edwin Roberto (Rochester, NY USA) - See all my reviews
The sound coming from this speaker was absolutely disappointing. Come on Samsung... Shame on you!

The TV speakers in my 55" Samsung LED TV are far better on their own. I bought this system hoping to get a louder volume to fight the white noise produced by the fan on the room (hot days of summer; have to have the fan on all the time these days).

The bass is overpowering and the treble is insufficient; even with the bass in its lower setting it stills pounding relative to the volume of other sound frequencies. When watching a movie, no matter what listening mode I put the speaker on, there seems to be a hole in the 3-12KHz (imagine a stereo EQ where you take the 3-, 6-, and 12-KHz knobs all the way down to -12dB); that is, the voice sounds are muffled and do not come out clear (it's like a speaker missing the mid-range and tweeter cones); when there is a scene in the movie where there are explosions and the soundtrack music picks up, the rumble noise of the special effects almost completely overpower the voices; you cannot hear what they are saying! You have to turn the close caption ON to serve as a backup plan to "listen" dialogues that did not come through all the noise.

I guess people who rated this speaker above 3-stars are basing their reviews on the speaker's ability to produce bass and volume but not on the quality of the sound separation. The cross-over quality and/or filtering in this device fail miserably in getting you a clear center-channel. For the record, it does produce great bass, but what is the point if you can't hear anything else! It is like I just bought just a subwoofer.

Playing music through Bluetooth, USB, and AUX-in worked OK, but the sound is also muffled, tortured, and digitally-molested. If your ear is of the audiophile kind, you'll simply puke once you hear your music through this speaker.

After I exhausted all listening modes, options, and sound EQ possibilities, I did not find a mode this speaker would sound clear. I wanted to return this product right away; to my disappointment, this product cannot be returned - sighs. Now it has just become more garbage piled up in the garage.

This speaker sucks; would not use even as free gift, definitively $130 dollars flushed down the toilet.

Be warned.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT soundbar for the price, even great for 2x the price., November 5, 2014
I got this soundbar to use with a 46 inch Sharp TV. I had tried a few others including one made by Sony and had been disappointed with them. The volume was much too low for them to be worth using, at best they added a little rumble from the subwoofer, but still couldn't "HEAR".. Then I saw this system and decided to give it a try. I'm very glad I did. This system can produce wonderful sound clarity and range. The volume is perfect, and can even be loud in our living room. We typically keep the volume around 18-24 and the max is 50, so 1/3-1/2 and still have a lot of room to "grow".

Some have said the volume doesn't go high enough. I would guess they didn't use a the digital input. I noticed that if I hook up the same TV to this bar via the RCA jacks(red and white 2 channel) the sound volume is lower at the same numerical setting, also the quality suffers. So if you want optimal performance I suggest you spend another $10.00 and get an optical toslink cable. Setting up the Digital processing features and selecting a sound preset(Music, Drama, Movie, Sports, etc) and 3D surround setting to match will enhance and/or improve the sound quality under some conditions also. Overall after trying a few soundbars, this seems to be about the best you can find under $200.00. If you are willing to spend $300-400 you can get a much better bar, but that is 2x the cost.

TO be honest, what attracted me were two things. 1 price. 2- samsung. I have samsung phones, tablet, laptop, and all are excellent. I expected nothing less from this and so far its delivered--even surprised me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bang for the buck, August 16, 2013
I am no audiophile nor to I pretend to be one so take this review as one coming from an average consumer looking for a simple solution.

I had a 5.1 Sony System for 5 years and loved it but then we had kids. They would constantly hit the towers the speakers were on and I always worried what would happen if they pushed the towers just enough. Yes, I could have mounted the speakers to the walls, but I did not want to cut holes to run the wires and everything else it would take to get the speakers out of harms way. And to be honest, we don't really care too much about full surround sound when you have a toddler and an infant trying to sleep. Maybe in a differnt part of the house having the sound option would be great, but for the family room that is in easy earshot of all other rooms, not so much.

After months of waiting to pull the trigger and reading reviews I finally decided on this Samsung HW-F355. And I am glad I did! Good sound, easy to set up and a very clean design all work for me. The Optical input is in a very odd place (as others have commented) but I do not have this mounted on a wall, just simply sitting on my TV stand under my TV. I just plugged it all in, turned it on and sat back and enjoyed the show. I did not give it 5 stars simply because I was not "blown away" by this product, it simply does what I need it to do and nothing more. I would buy it again if I had the chance though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, August 24, 2013
I wish I would've looked on here first instead of buying my first round system just like this one at Sears for 379 thank you so much it's in my bedroom great sound subwoofers great thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, but sub could be better, June 2, 2014
I got this from Walmart earlier this week. It's a great product for the price. Best Buy sells many for $250 - $350 + and this sounds really good. I'm unsure how much better those other options are, but the sound quality on this is very good with a couple down sides.

Pros:

Price
Sound Quality
Appearance
Bluetooth
Good Remote

Cons:

Wired Subwoofer
Can't Connect Wireless Subwoofer (I had one that I liked better)
Bass From Sub Not As Loud As My Old One

I upgraded my soundbar after around 3 years with a Polk Audio, which I bought for $300 from Best Buy. I was curious how a cheaper but newer soundbar would compare to an older but more expensive one. I liked my old one's subwoofer much better. The base was stronger and the wireless was a nice touch as I could put it anywhere in my room. The new soundbar has bluetooth, unlike the old one, which I love. The sound quality is also very clear and sounds great in my opinion, I am not a technology junkie however. I think for the price you get a great product. I only wish you could hook up other subs wirelessly because I am unhappy with mine, but for the price I have to give 5 stars. The features, setup, bluetooth, are all great. It even turns on when I turn my TV onto an input that's playing sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, July 6, 2013
It is perfect if connected to a Samsung Smart TV with Smart Share. Sound power improves significantly with this unit. It is fully functional with TV's remote control, so it works like an integral component of the TV. Great product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 331 | Next ›