4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent if you have a 2013 Samsung TV, just Good if you don't
I purchased this to replace my old Samsung HW-C451 sound bar that I purchased 2.5 years ago with an 8000-series Samsung LED TV. I'm more of a surround-sound guy, but my wife doesn't like the "clutter" so we settled on a sound bar. I love the convenience and sleekness. My old set-up was all peripherals connected directly to the TV (DirecTV, BluRay, Wii) via HDMI (component...
Published 12 months ago by M. Prokop

3.0 out of 5 stars Improvement Over TV Speakers
NOTE: If you are going to use this soundbar with a Samsung TV make sure your TV has the "Anynet+" feature in order to control the soundbar with the TV remote. Otherwise you are stuck using 2 remotes. See below.

Pros:
- Sound is much better than TV speakers
- Solid physical construction
- Wireless Sub

Cons:
- Price
- Bar will...
Published 14 months ago by Capt. Scott

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 416 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars SoundShare connection easy but with annoying glitches, not much control over sound quality, March 7, 2014
A. COLLEY (Fort Wayne, IN, USA) - See all my reviews
I got this mainly because of the SoundShare capability with my Samsung Smart TV. It does work, and setting it up was easy; however, even though (or perhaps because) the sound bar is about 6 inches from the bottom of the TV, there are noticeable brief (less than 1 second) drops in the sound, and occasionally a "click" sound. In other words, the bluetooth connection is a little weak and/or noisy.

So, I tried setting it up through HDMI, but wanted to do from the TV to the soundbar (because I didn't want to have to switch cables when changing HDMI sources). No matter what I tried, and after much searching online for help, I only got sound to come out once and never again. I didn't try the standard pass-through setup (source to soundbar to TV).

So I finally bought a digital optical cable so I could try that connection. It was easy to setup and works fine -- though there is occasionally a slight but noticeable out-of-sync problem with video (I've tweaked the audio delay settings on the TV, but the audio-video sync fluctuates based on the program or channel or phase of the moon or all of the above). Another annoyance with this setup is that now I can only use the soundbar remote to adjust the volume; neither the Samsung TV's remote nor the DirecTV remote do anything but pop up an annoying notice on the TV that I have to use the soundbar remote.

My main complaint (once it is hooked up) is there is no equalizer, or even a treble/bass adjustment. There are about six sound modes (Drama, News, Sports, Music, etc); but none of them are adequate to my ear. It is, however, much better quality sound than the TV speakers (which are extremely inadequate), and the wireless subwoofer does add some body to the sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Sound bar., March 5, 2014
J. Coulter (North Alabama) - See all my reviews
We went to a big box store and listened to all of the soundbars they had hooked up including the Bose high end model and this one was by far the best we heard for the price. In fact I thought it sounded as good as the Bose which was three times as expensive. I have a newer Samsung TV that I use it with so I use can use the TV remote to control the sound but if you don't have a newer Samsung TV you will have to use the supplied remote control that comes with the soundbar to control the volume which would be a pain. Nobody seems to have remote codes for this sound bar that I could find so don't plan on using your programmable remote to control the volume. Speech is clear and background music etc. also sounds equally as good. With 310 watts and a good size sub-woofer it will blow you out of the room if you turn it up loud. I also like the fact that the front of the bar has a clean unobtrusive look. With other Samsung soundbars the speaker are visable in the front and there is no grill to protect them. This one has a nice metal grill that hides the inter workings. The volume level display on the front is also a nice touch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 1 month, February 3, 2014
Connected to a Samsung UN46F6300 46-Inch 1080p 120Hz Slim Smart LED HDTV (2013 Model)

Using HDMI-ARC port to connect to soundbar with high-speed CEC compliant HDMI cable. Worked perfect for one month.

I had to disconnect power cables to switch out a new device. Now- no sound from soundbar although it does power on automatically when TV is turned on, switches to D-in automatically, and the TV remote will control the volume display on the soundbar, but there is no actual sound.

Samsung phone support, over two hours and numerous reps, were not very helpful. We troubleshooted everything. They finally realized it was setup correctly (I had it professionally installed and it was working originally!).

Unit was sent back to Samsung.....took almost 20 days to get it back. No explanation as to what was wrong. Unit still doesnt work, same exact issue.

Samsung now says its out of warranty and wants me to pay again to have it shipped to them. I bought on Amazon November 20, 2013 and I had to ship it back in December 2013. Not even 2 months.

Now I am going to have to reinstall my wiring in my wall to see if an optical cable will work. Terrible products by Samsung considering it is two brand new products from same manufacturer. Even worse customer service. Never again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Performance, January 29, 2014
Purchased and Returned this unit within a week.

The connectivity features are great: Blutooth, HDMI, Optical, etc.

However, the sound coming out of the speakers is just awful. If you are used to clear high performance sound - this is NOT the unit for you. The speakers are loud and the equalizer options are plentiful, but the sound is very 'cloudy'.
I have an old pair of Bose computer speakers that out perform this unit hands down.

Very disappointed with this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than TV speakers, but NOT Surround Sound Quality, January 4, 2014
I did a lot of research prior to buying this system, and read a lot of reviews that claimed that the F550 was hands down better than the F450; supposedly this unit provided good sound.

Of course the sound quality is much better than the TV's speakers, but the 'Surround Sound' effect (simulated) is actually better on my TV than on this sound bar. The '3D' sound effect, which is supposed to simulate a full Surround Sound system just adds an annoying echo affect to the sound.

Also, 310W Sound Bar leads you to believe that you will have some decent sound coming your way... I would say it is 'OK' sounding at best. All said and done, it's better than using just the TV speakers, but didn't live up to my expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent speaker, January 1, 2014
It is an excellent sound system. It replaced a lot of cables and a bunch of speakers to deliver a much better sound

4.0 out of 5 stars Great substitute for your TV speakers!, November 27, 2013
No need for two remotes even if you do not have a Samsung TV!

I attached this soundbar to my Panasonic ST50 plasma TV that has a HDMI ARC (input 2) connection to the HDMI out of the sound bar. Turning the TV on/off turns the soundbar on/off and controls the output level. If i manually turn off the soundbar the TV speakers automatically turn on. You only need the Samsung remote when you want to change the sound settings and modes. I agree with other reviewers that you just turn off the sound modes and 3D surround and not worry about what type of media you are watching (movies, concert, news, drama). I did adjust the subwoofer by +1.

I also agree the manual sucks. If you use optical cable input, set the soundbar to D.In. I haven't tried the blue tooth hookups yet.

The sound is so much superior than the TV speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound!, November 27, 2013
We love the fantastic sound produced by this system and the no wire connectivity with our Samsung television. It's easy to use and provides a major improvement in sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money!!, November 19, 2013
Awesome Soundbar. The bar can fit in your enclosed hand and its very light. The only heavy thing is the wireless subwoofer, very nice tho. The sound bar i had before this really sucks compared to this one. I had to have my other soundbar on volume 35 to get it loud enough to listen enjoyable. The Samsung Soundbar has same loudness but crisp at volume 20.

Its easy to set-up on a HDTV tv and bluray/DVD player by HDMIs. On the Samsung Soundbar has two HDMI ports (in and out). You'll need two HDMI. One you will plug into your TV and Soundbar (use the Left HDMI port on soundbar). The other HDMI plug into your bluray/dvd player and sound bar (use the RIght HDMI port on sound). The soundbar remote will become your volume control for both your TV and soundbar.
(You can use your cable box instead of a bluray/DVD player.)

The wireless subwoofer connected automatically, instead of figuring out the manuel to connect it. Just to be safe, have your soundbar on before you plug in the subwoofer. Again it's a nice, crisp, and clear sound. I would recommand it to everyone with any HDTV. I do plan to get a newer generation Samsung TV later next year, which is another reason why I bought it for the wireless connection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Booming bass and crystal clear audio perfect match for Blue tooth enthusiast, October 1, 2013
A perfect match for you blue tooth enthusiast, have your friends or family come over and want to play that new song for you they just made or downloaded from their phone, Blue Tooth Sync and done. You will be clearly impressed with the Samsung HW-F550 2.1 Channel 310 Watt Sound bar. This product is truly amazing in my opinion just plug it in and fire it up. Make sure that you do rotate it to see the LED screen that is behind the mesh screen though when calling tech support I made a fool out of myself because I thought my system was broken but I just did not see the screen. If you have a Samsung TV or even if you have a Samsung Bluetooth Enabled TV you are in extra luck because this system will auto sync with your blue tooth TV. If not the best and simplest way to connect I found to the sound bar was with the optical cable. Make sure you remove the small clear caps from the optical cable as for it will not click into place as I did not do this and had a little bit of trouble as for I had never used a optical cable before, awesome how sound and commands travels through light. I mounted it just below my TV on the wall with two screws and was able to hide all the wires behind the TV on the wall, The wife was very please, I was too I must say. We have not yet been able to really pump it up and blast the true effects of the sound bar yet due to my elderly father in law's hearing aids and him living with us now, but what we have cranked up wow we are in for a treat when we take those hearing aids out. Thank you Samsung, Fresno, CA

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 416 | Next ›

Samsung HW-F551 2.1-Channel 310 Watt Soundbar (Silver)
$399.99 $347.99