Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 1, 2013
I felt it necessary to review the product after reading the scathing review by the bloke screaming in caps prior to this.

I've been thoroughly impressed with the HW-F750. The sense of vertical and horizontal dimension to the sound it pumps out would make it difficult to identify where the bar was if you didn't know. If you're in a smaller room, and especially if you "float" your sofa slightly away from the rear wall, the sense of surround sound, albeit virtual, is stunning.

Setup is really easy - the wireless sub is already paired from factory. The unit will also automatically swap LED displays should it be wall mounted thanks to the twin-display and internal gyroscope. The auto-calibration feature, with supplied microphone, allows the unit to figure out the best way to fill a room with sound, should you place it in an odd position. The features for equalizing volume are also really effective for night-time use, especially with hard-to-please neighbours.

Couple all the above with the crazy inter-compatibility with a Samsung TV (I should imagine series 6 and up), and you'll find a really good substitute for a 5.1 system if you're not into cabling everywhere and "plasticy" rear speakers which will undoubtedly start leaning over time.

Very few negatives to speak of. The USB-play function is not really worth exploring unless you have no other means to play multimedia as there is no OSD output by the bar. This makes searching for a music track tedious at best. A small issue, I feel, since my connected devices are all capable of achieving the same thing. I'll just keep the USB dust cover closed :). The LED display is bold and not really in-keeping with the sleek style of the bar, though it'll say hello to you, making it all seem ok. The cutout for cable entry could have been a couple of mm bigger to accommodate all the reticulation of HDMI, optical and aux cables, but now I'm scraping the barrel.

All in all, solidly happy with it.
on August 31, 2013
If you are an audiophile, prefer user serviceable parts or feel accurate advertising is just good business then take heed of Howard's review; he nails it.

Now if you want a bluetooth speaker that will sync to your phone and play your music, a passthrough hdmi, optical or mini-plug connector wireless sound bar that plays nice with your surround system then this product is for you.

I like that it has tubes and I am sure one day someone will post how I can service them myself, until then I am willing to risk it. Sound is excellent. The bar itself is beautiful: simple, low profile, black, light orange glow in the tube window, clean white text in the info window.

Feature wise it meets all of our needs: integrate seamlessly, bluetooth connectivity, hdmi support, solid sound. It is connected off an Onkyo receiver, passing through the hdmi to the tv. Onkyo is still sending the surround sound sound to my 4 wired rear speakers, the sound bar is doing center and front emulation. It doesn't complain when the Onkyo does the hdmi switching from PS3 to DVR to Onkyo Music streaming and shows no audio lag. I'm super happy with it.

It's not cheap, but I was buying a luxury add on anyway so well within what I expected to pay. Might be more bang for you buck out there, but I'd totally recommend it.
on March 18, 2014
I previously had a Samsung HW-F450 (I've written a review on it), and given the sound it put out, I had a hard time trying to imagine what this system could do, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

To begin, this set is noticeably heavier than the F450. The subwoofer and the soundbar itself, feel like quality pieces of audio gear, very substantial. For all the audiophiles, this may not be the best, or even one of the best systems you've ever heard, but for those of us average consumers who appreciate large, full, sound, this is it. The styling is sleek and seems to be quality. The top of the subwoofer has a metallic, brushed metal finish, with high-gloss sides. The sound bar mesh is all metal, with chrome ends. There is no cloth mesh, which I prefer. The top of the sound bar has 4 touch-sensitive buttons, one for power, two for volume, and a function/mode button. There is also a see-through portion that showcases the vacuum tubes, with a very attractive and subtle orangish-yellow glow that doesn't at all display ambient light.

Setup is easy, like the previous Samsung set I purchased. Just plug it in, turn it on and everything is taken care of. Since it comes factory paired, there is no need to manually do it yourself. Also, the space in the back containing all the input connections is spacious enough to account for wire-bend, of which there is virtually none. I use an optical connection and have had no issues with static, nor have I had to fiddle with the cord for any reason. The remote is ugly and in no way matches the set; that is the only downside I can think of, stylistically. Given Samsung's penchant for creating very attractive piece of electronic equipment, you'd think they could invest a little more in their peripherals. Since I don't use an HDMI connection, I don't really make use of the 'one remote to control them all' thing. I have a Samsung plasma, which gives me the added capability of that feature, along with connecting to my TV, wirelessly, but I prefer a wired connection.

The sound is amazing. The set needs to break in; it took a few days before I noticed the sound become much richer. It is noticeably clearer, crisper and fuller now than it was 5 days ago. My wife and I really noticed the difference when we watched Thor: The Dark World in 3D. The bass was thundering, and the sub level was only at 3. The highs and mids are easily distinguishable, and music is clear, whether in a movie or just by itself. There is no bass or treble distortion that I could detect. Nothing seemed blurred together or muddy. This system, in my opinion, is worlds better than what I previously had. I would assume that the vacuum tubes are what's responsible for the sound being as full and rich as it is. One of the features this set has is an auto calibration process which analyzes the best way to output sound depending on where you place the included mic attachment in relation to where the soundbar/sub are placed. After calibrating and using the ASC (calibration mode) mode and comparing it to the other modes (Music, Game, Drama, etc.), I have to say that I do hear a difference; I prefer the ASC mode.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with my purchase and would definitely recommend it.
on November 16, 2013
If you are looking for surround sound, don't look at soundbars. Even the Bose can only do so much- and even that at the price of vocal central clarity. The HW750 may not do surround, but it does it does quite well. Voices are crisp and clear, music (while many have noted the coldness) does warm up as the speakers are broken in. I found a vast difference between day 1 and 3 and 5 andnow a month in. The sound is really room filling, the bass (while nothing crazy) does more than enough to produce rich and true voices, special effects etc.

The connectivity is great, ARC is a nice feature. The design is premium-except the remote. Its a little pathetic for such an expensive piece of audio equipment. But it does allow more adjustments than Bose, HK or others.

The only small caveat is that the plastic used on the vacuum tube cover warms up and forms a line.It is almost like a heatline that forms underneath. It is not hugely noticeableont he plastic, but it is there. Kind of annoying.

Otherwise, from the 4 soundbars I bought to test out (Bose, SB26, Yamaha and Sony it is the winner in all round sound, connectivity and general feature set.
on November 9, 2013
Has a nice warn sound, Wireless subwoofer is outstanding! So many amazing features built into this system. Only down fall for me was the price but it was well worth it
on March 27, 2014
I first laughed at the technology of having vaccum tubes but after running this by a few friends who are musicians they told me to give it a go.

What a difference!

The sound can be loud at times, but also crystal clear.

I am very pleased with my purchase and cannot imagine why they are no longer making this, I am happy to have one!

Signed

Happy Samsung customer
on January 27, 2015
Sounds great. It's like I am in a movie theater!
on July 21, 2013
If you try this product and like the sound, then by all means, enjoy it. But, it is not a "tube" amp and does not have a "discrete" amplifier as described. It does have a tube pre-amp which has very little to do with a "warm sound" at the output. The use of the word "discrete" with the word amp insinuates that the amplifier is made from "discrete components" which is defined as no integrated circuits. All individual components such as capacitors, resistors, transistors, etc.. This is not what the F750 is and is misleading.

However, if something sounds nice to you and you feel it's worth the money, you should enjoy it. The only caveat I would like to make at this point is, from what I've read, the tubes themselves are not user replaceable. This alone would keep me from buying the F-750. While pre-amp tubes can have a decent lifetime. it's not nearly as long as you would like to keep a piece of audio gear and would depreciate the resale value to someone who knew about it.

So to round up, I would not like the fact that Samsung so grossly misled the buyer, would not want any audio device where I could not replace the tubes and would have no auditory reason to buy a listening device with only a tube pre-amp. Just a waste of electricity, increase in operating temperature and no dicernable difference in tone.

I have Samsung products and even a sound bar, but this is a shame.

P.S. by the way, for those not familiar, 2.1 is just another way of saying "stereo". It has nothing to do with surround sound.
33 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2013
We went in store to listen to Bose soundbar, and then saw this one.
It had 2 major things going for us, first $$ and Bluetooth (I know you can't compare sound quality of Bose and Samsung).

The product is really great, has Aux-IN which can work for getting TV out here but won't be 5-Channel out though.
Sound quality is really good and I think worth the $$

Bluetooth makes it a very great product, you can play songs from any Bluetooth supporting device.

Great return for the $$ invested.
on July 2, 2014