Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on November 16, 2011
So I originally got these headphones with my Samsung Nexus S 2 Phone and they sounded decent and had a mic to top it off so I could use them for calls and such as well.

After using them for about a month I tried putting them in my ears different ways while sitting at my computer and much to my surprise, the ear-buds are actually supposed to go quite far into your ear (more so that I was doing) and by correctly wearing them I discovered that the headphones sound AMAZING. Good bass and overall quality; I was pleasantly surprised. So after about 7-8 months of using them they got quite dirty and I would periodically clean them but the rubber parts kept coming off in my book-bag and I eventually lost them both and it was time to get a new pair.

I assumed they would be expensive since not only are they the ones packaged with the Samsung phone, but they have the phone mic built in and they're brand-name as well. When I saw they were only $5, I was totally suspicious but I just got two pair in the mail today they are the real deal! Best pair of ear-buds under $30 I've ever used and they're only five bucks! AND they have a phone mic! I even use them at work with my PC and with my iPod.
1111 comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2011
After a week I can provide the following observations with these in-ear headphones:

1. Sound Quality is excellent. Obviously, the bass response will depend on fit and seal, but even when not fully inserted, the headphones provided me with excellent separation, and more than adequate bass reponse.
2. Fitment will depend highly on the wearer. I have finnicky ears, and so I have needed to replace the cushions with a slightly smaller fit, hence my one star detraction for no other sizes being included with the package.
3. Durability so far has been good. With one exception of having a cushion pull away from the earpiece while they were rolling around in my duffle bag, these have stood up to the elements like champs. I have used them in wind and rain in my daily walk throughout the city, and have had no problems with ambient moisture affecting any of the contact points.
4. Functionality is exactly as advertised. These are no-frills phones, and as such they don't include any inline controls other than play/stop or mic activation. There are no controls for your player, just a one button nub for pausing music/muting the mic. However, I had no complaints regarding the quality of my mic. All of my phone calls came through with crystal clarity.

Bottom line, you can't go wrong for the few dollars these cost.
on November 24, 2012
These headphones were a major letdown. I was really excited to find replacement headphones for my tablet and these appeared to be the exact same ones (the pair it came with were great!) Unfortunately the bass quality is nonexistent and the highs sound tinny. I promptly returned for a full refund.
on December 13, 2011
These are not Samsung ear buds that came in the box with Epic 4G phone. These buds have audible distortion when playing back phone sounds. The volume has to be way up and its still too low. Would not buy. The actual buds for Epic 4G (aka Galaxy S 4G) are:

Hands Free Headset, Black (3.5mm Stereo) Samsung part number = EHS60ANNBEG
[...]
on December 11, 2011
Given these headphones had decent satisfaction and were extremily inepensive I decided to order 2 pairs of them. I take pair one out of the packaging and plug it into my phone, the volume in one bud is barely there and when you press the button it raises the volume on the phone. Typically the button is for play, pause, advance track, back up a track, and activate voice features depending on how you press the button. The first set despite how you push the button, volume just increases, mostly in the one ear bud. So I figure I got a bad set, I'll try the second pair I ordered. This pair just crackles in and out nonstop except when you press the button then the crackling diminishes, besides that the button doesn't do a thing. They look the same as what came with my phone, but they certainly don't function as well. I guess you get what you pay for. It sounds like I'll just be using my nice earbuds at work.
on April 24, 2012
The Product As It Is:
These headphones offer excellent sound. When the volume is low, the sound is still nice and clear. No dropouts or fading. When you jack the sound up, there is no fuzzing or popping, and none of the hiss you get when sound gets overamplified. If all you are doing is listening to music, you have made a good choice. The microphone with a single button remote for picking up and hanging up calls is well-placed.

The Product As It Could Be:
The single-button remote may be fine for some users, but not for me. I much prefer the three-button remote on the apple headsets (minus the hard buds versus the soft buds. I will soon be ordering iLuv iEP515BLK Premium In-Ear Earphones with Remote and Mic. for iPhone/iPod/iPad to replace these. If you have an iPhone, definitely pass over these and move on to a headset with a three-button remote.
on December 9, 2011
Can not figure out if the inline control is supposed to control the volume. It seems to mute the sound ok. Maybe that is all it was designed to do. Seems to work the same with both of my phones -- an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 and an Apple iPhone4. Sound and construction about the same as the Apple OEM headset. I would give them 5 stars if I could control the volume going to the ears. Good cost/value ratio.
on March 19, 2013
It broke within a week... I continued using it while I got a replacement, the next week one of the buds broke off. This from normal use (listening music while on the bus). (Seller was ExertaTech, not saying actual product is fake, but this seller's is)
on December 23, 2015
I had two of these and were good while they worked. Good sound quality for music and voice. The only downside is durability and these just would not stand up to occasional pulling from the pocket say when on occasional tangled etc. They break easily on the solder on the 3.5mm plug. In my experience with headphones, it is inevitable for these to be pulled occasionally even for a careful person. It is just what it is. If I were to buy a headset again, I would bet my money for a more durable headphone if possible.
on March 23, 2013
the mic never worked, right from day 1. very unsatisfied with this product. had to buy a different set again. wouldnt recommend to anyone.