- Size (LWH): 4.6 inches, 2.1 inches, 0.5 inches
- Weight: 2.88 ounces
- Network Compatibility: CDMA
- Network Compatibility: AMPS
Built on the Android Platform, the stylish Samsung Intercept brings you closer to your social networks while on the go and at an affordable price. It features a 3-inch touchscreen display and slide-out full QWERTY keyboard that helps you easily send e-mail, IMs, or texts to family and friends in a flash. It also makes menu and display navigation easy with a highly responsive optical joystick that virtually zips from item to item.
The Samsung Intercept features a 3-inch touchscreen display, full slide-out QWERTY keyboard, pre-loaded social networking apps, and a 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder. Click here for a larger image.
With integrated Google technology, the Samsung Intercept brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by Voice, YouTube and Picasa. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate email, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
In addition to fast 3G speeds from Sprint's high-speed EV-DO network, you'll enjoy GPS navigation capabilities for accessing the optional Sprint Navigation turn-by-turn direction service and Sprint TV's video-on-demand with full-motion video and vivid sound (see more details on optional services below).
Other features include a 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g), Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion to 32 GB, access to the Amazon MP3 Store for over-the-air downloads, Visual Voicemail, document viewer, and up to 6.4 hours of talk time.
Built-in Google mobile services such
as Voice Search will help you find
what you're looking for.
- Powered by the Android operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market. Your phone's Google Apps, such as Gmail, Calendar and Contacts, give you access to the same personal information (e-mail, events, and contacts) that you add, view, and edit on your computer using Gmail or Calendar. Synchronize the Google Apps you want to keep information up-to-date.
- Pre-loaded with social apps and one-touch picture posting to the top social sites
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to Sprint's EV-DO, Rev 0 network
- GPS using Sprint Navigation for turn by turn directions, and points of interest searches
- 3-inch touchscreen display (240 x 400 pixels)
- Side-sliding full QWERTY keyboard
- Highly responsive optical joystick virtually zips from item to item, so you can get to what you want more quickly. You can place their finger on the joystick and move a cursor around the screen, similar to what you would do with a mouse or on a computer.
- 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder
- Media player and access to Amazon MP3 Store enables you to download non-DRM protected tracks instantly to your phone.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Access to personal and corporate e-mail with Microsoft Direct Push Technology and HTML support. Send and receive email from multiple corporate and personal email accounts. Also, get wireless email access to popular commercial POP3 and IMAP accounts like AOL, Gmail, and Yahoo!
- Instant messaging via popular services including Windows Live Messenger, Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger.
- View documents including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF on the go to maximize your productivity
- Visual Voicemail gives you quick and easy access to just the messages you want to listen to by letting you go directly to a specific message, without needing to listen to or skip past previous messages.
- Web browser
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
The Samsung Intercept weighs 4.8 ounces and measures 2.2 x 4.4 x 0.6 inches. Its 1440 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6.4 hours of talk time, and up to 350 hours (14.5 days) of standby time. It runs on the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. 0 frequencies.
What's in the Box
Samsung Intercept handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, microSD card adapter, quick start guide
- Broadband-like 3G network: Supporting the EV-DO Rev. A high-speed data standard, this phone enables you to download and stream high-quality video, straight onto your phone. Where coverage is available, EV-DO Rev. A connectivity provides average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps, with peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
- Sprint TV enabled: With Sprint TV, you can make your cell phone your always-on source for news, weather, sports and more. This comprehensive video service combines high-quality streaming audio and video from channels including the NFL Network, ABC, The Weather Channel, Fox Sports, E!, CNN, The Discovery Channel, and more.
- GPS capable with Sprint Navigation: This GPS-enabled phone provides optional access to Sprint Navigation for driving directions on your mobile phone--by voice and onscreen. Along the way, turn-by-turn directions will be announced in a clear voice and displayed on your phone. For example, Sprint Navigation will say, "Go 1.2 miles and turn right on Elm Street." As you approach the turn, you will hear, "Turn right on Elm Street." Sprint Navigation also provides proactive traffic alerts with one click re-routing. And it's easy to find restaurants, banks, cafes, hotels and more from over 10 million points of interest across the U.S.
- Access Personal and Corporate E-mail: With Sprint Mobile Email, you'll get easy access to your favorite home e-mail services including AOL, Yahoo!, Gmail, and MSN/Windows Live Hotmail and more. Additionally, you can access many other e-mail providers through the software's support of POP3 & IMAP. And Sprint Mobile Email Work enables you to access e-mail from corporate servers, including Microsoft Exchange 2000, 2003, 2007 and Lotus Notes Domino versions 6.0, 6.5 and 7.0 (with the latest software update).
- Stay Sporty with Sprint: With NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile, instantly connect to the NASCAR information you want, when you want it. Follow NASCAR action from practice to race day with real-time leaderboard and alerts. Get exclusive access to your favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver with real-time driver stats, breaking news and more. Live in-car audio, race radio, NASCAR on SPEED and other audio/video only available on select phones. Visit sprint.com/speed for details.
To access, just text "NASCAR" to 7777 on your Sprint phone or visit the Sprint Digital Lounge to download NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile (standard text messaging and data rates apply).
This phone also provides access to Sprint Football Live--free for any phone with a data plan. You'll be able to follow all the live play-by-play action with the Live Game Center for both pro and college football games, as well as stay on top of the pro football draft with a Live Draft Tracker and in-depth analysis and bios on nearly 500 top prospects. Access by texting "FOOTBALL" to 7777 on the handset to download Sprint Football Live from Sprint Digital Lounge (standard text messaging and data rates apply).
Also Available for This Android Device
Amazon Appstore for Android
Top Customer Reviews
The phone itself is adorable. I get compliments on it all the time.
The touchscreen is great and I'm finally used to typing on the slightly cramped physical keyboard. The android keyboard is also great.
Android is awesome. The market has plenty of apps available to suit all sorts of needs and situations. I found the games to be a bit lacking, but I think that has more to do with my losing interest in mobile games.
I do occasionally experience lag but it's certainly not enough to make me throw the phone out of the window. It's usually in the settings screen where I have issues. Waiting a few seconds and then attempting the function again does the trick. I don't spend too much time editing my settings anyway, so it's not a problem.
I had just as many hangups with my old sidekick 2008. Probably more, actually. The stupid thing would freeze just from checking my call log.
Cell phones are basically small computers now so the occasional bit of lag is to be expected.
The issue I've read about from others with the capacitative softkeys is a total non-issue for me. I honestly don't even see it.
I think people need to realize that pressing a button 100 times hoping to make something work is the WRONG approach.
If you're looking for an inexpensive cell phone with a dash of high-end features, this is a great choice.
A more in-depth review is forthcoming.
Despite the poor battery life this phone has been a great buy especially at $0.01. I will update this review if need be after I have had the phone longer but so far I would recommend this phone especially to any first time smartphone buyers.
This pos phone is more temperamental than a woman on pms. At least you can sorta predict when a woman gets cranky, with this phone, not so much. I'm stuck with this phone for the next 2 years thanks to being over the month limit.
Please, avoid yourself the hassle, headache, and (muttered) curses by NOT purchasing this phone.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was the best phone I ever had. I love the fact that it had a slid out qwerty keyboard in addition to the virtual keyboard on the screen. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Netwiz
After 3 months the phone started to slow down and freeze up more. I only had 3 apps installed, not overloaded like some peoples. Read morePublished on September 18, 2011 by cpoole
I bought this phone when it first came out and owned it 1 month and had to get it replaced.kept freezing and wouldnt work right. Read morePublished on March 22, 2011 by safari
I am a light mobile phone user, but I bought this phone to be able to check my email while away from home. Read morePublished on December 21, 2010 by Wojtek Sokolowski
We got this phone for $0.01, so we figured we couldn't go too wrong. However, the screen is a little too small for everything the Android phone can do. Read morePublished on December 4, 2010 by G. Harris