Amazon.com Product Description--March 24, 2008
Amazon.com Product Description--March 24, 2008 The 19-inch and 22-inch Samsung Series 6 LCD HDTVs are a great way to get high-definition and the striking design of Samsung's new Touch of Color color-infused bezel in a smaller television. 720p resolution, 3,000:1 contrast ratio, an 8 ms response time, HDMI and USB ports combine with award-winning technologies found in all Samsung HDTVs to make these a great option for a second television or a smaller space.
- New -- Transparent and Opaque Color (TOC) bezel with infused color creates an ultra-sleek shape and appearance (Learn more
- HDMI 1.3 port: Simplay compliant, and up from 3 on 2007 models (Learn more)
- 3,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio (Learn more)
- 8 ms response time
- 720p HD
- Stereo Speakers (3 Watts per channel)with SRS TruSurround XT audio (Learn more)
- Cold Cathode Flourescent Lamp (CCFL) and Wide Color Enhancer technology offer a wider color range (Learn more)
- V-Chip system1 allows blocking of rated TV and movie programs determined by the parent to contain objectionable content.
- Trilingual on-screen displays in English, Spanish or French.
- Variable sleep timer to turn the TV off in varying time intervals.
- Auto wall mount compatible: 3-dimensional operation via TV’s remote control; no external IR receiver required.
- Swivel stand included
- 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- Rear-mounted USB 2.0 port: connect USB devices directly to your HDTV to view JPEG photos or MPEG movies or easily listen to your MP3 player through your HDTV's audio system or your home theater system.
- 50,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio: up from 25,000:1 on 2007 models
- 4 ms response time: down from 8ms on 2007 models thanks to a new high-speed liquid crystal
- InfoLink: Get free RSS feeds of news, weather and sports right to your HDTV with a built-in Ethernet port
- Full 1080p HD
- Automotion Plus 120Hz image interpolation technology provides smoother motion
- 178-degree viewing angle from all four axes with Super Patterned Vertical Alignment
- Ultra Clear Panel technology for deeper blacks and more vibrant colors
- Hidden, downward-firing speakers
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) enables convenient simultaneous viewing of TV programs and video or PC sources
- Sports and Game modes boost on-screen performance and interaction with the latest gaming systems
What size TV should you get
- Internal flash memory (1GB) with pre-loaded interactive content such as cooking recipes, children's entertainment, HD artwork and more
- DLNA-Compatible: for better interopability with electronics, computers and mobile devices from many different manufacturers
- Integrated woofer for an enhanced audio experience
Touch of Color
| ||Samsung’s Series 6 marks the first appearance of TOC (Touch of Color) design in the 2008 LCD HDTV line-up. Inspired by designs from the automotive and fashion industries, Samsung’s unique unique Transparent and Opaque Color molding process creates a clean, smooth finish infused with a hint of a translucent color during the manufacturing process for an ultra-sleek appearance. || |
3,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
| ||3,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio will give you a superb picture, with whiter whites, blacker blacks and a nearly infinite subtlety of gradations in between. As two of the most important determining factors in overall picture quality, contrast and brightness levels achieve new heights in this latest generation LCD panel. Samsung’s new LCD TV’s give the most stunning realistic picture quality ever. |
Digital Natural Image Engine
| ||DNIe™ The Samsung Digital Natural Image engine. This exclusive Samsung technology dramatically improves the picture by enhancing the contrast, detail, white balance and reduces. || |
Wide Color Enhancer/Cold Cathode Flourescent Lamp
|The NTSC (National Television Systems Committee) has established the color standards all TVs in America try to meet. And typical LCD TVs only meet about 72% of this standard. Samsung LCD HDTVs use Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp backlights to give you 92% coverage of the NTSC standard, ensuring truer, more breathlessly vivid colors. |
Samsung’s exclusive Wide Color Enhancer technology delivers more brilliant colors, even in bright areas of the picture where blues and greens are washed out on conventional screens. The system displays wider color reproduction, showing you truer colors – the fresh green of spring foliage, the intense blue of the summer sky.
| || || || |
| ||To make the Series 6 a true entertainment hub for any home, Samsung has incorporated advanced HD connectivity and networking capabilities that expand the HDTV’s functionality. HDMI is the best performing interface for displaying an HD source on an HDTV. A wide variety of multimedia devices can be connected to the set through the HDMI 1.3 inputs and the handy rear USB port. |
Once connected, users can easily access device menus and manage and display content through the newly redesigned Wheel Key Remote control and the HDTV’s sophisticated content management interface.
- HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface version 1.3): 1
- Component video: 1 rear (Y, Pb, Pr)
- S-Video input: 1 rear
- A/V inputs: 1 side/1 rear
- PC Input (D-Sub): 1 rear
- RF antenna inputs: 2
- Premium audio: Improved sound quality with dedicated low-range speaker system
- Headphone jack
TruSurround is a patented SRS technology that solves the problem of playing 5.1 multichannel content over two speakers. TruSurround delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through any two-speaker playback system, including internal television speakers and headphones. It is fully compatible with all multichannel formats up to 5.1 channels. High-quality virtual surround sound can be experienced with just the two hidden, downward-firing side-mounted 2.2-channel dome speakers built into the TV.
SRS TruSurround XT technology delivers an amazing, simulated 3D effect with clear dialog and powerful bass.
TruSurround XT audio also adds three audio enhancement technologies to produce an amazingly immersive sound experience.
- Dialog Clarity brings movie dialog into Focus during the playback of any surround-encoded material to make speech much clearer and crisper.
- TruBass creates incredible deep rich bass allowing a person to perceive significantly deeper, richer low bass tones that are far beyond the physical low frequency capabilities of the speaker itself.
- The SRS WOW feature widens the soundstage by processing standard two-channel stereo material as well as multi-channel encoded material for a dramatic improvement in the playback of any stereo audio over a two-speaker system.
Stereo broadcast reception is offered for MTS and SAP with 181-channel capacity. A sound leveler keeps audio volume consistent during channel changing.
Which Size HDTV is Right for My Room?
| ||With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get. |
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5
1360 x 768 pixel resolution5,000:1 dynamic contrast ratioHDMI, component, S-Video inputs with side and rear AV inputsToC color process with wide color enhancerFast 8ms response timeBuilt-in analog/digital tuner (NTSC/ATSC) with Cle