5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Television, Amazingly Fine Delivery Service
Yes, I agree with the other reviews so far that the 32-inch Samsung is simply the best TV of its size. Did extensive side-by-side viewings before buying it, and it worked and looked perfect right out of the box.

Published on May 11, 2009 by Allen Goldenson

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Looking But Problem Already?
TV arrived delivered from CEVA in perfect condition. However, when I plugged it in, there's a high pitched buzzing sound. When I unplug, it is not there. Anyone else had this issue? I will be calling Samsung to report and ask for options. I'll review my rating afterwards.

Published on May 28, 2009 by sramspam

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Television, Amazingly Fine Delivery Service, May 11, 2009
Allen Goldenson (Altamonte Springs, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung LN32B460 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (2009 Model) (Electronics)

Speaking of "right out of the box," why doesn't Amazon mention the outstanding delivery service by Pilot Freight? The unit was promised in four days, they called and asked if they could deliver it in three. They had two people bring it in, unpack it and set it up, plug the set into the cable box and plug the DVD player into the set, turn everything on and verify that it all worked. They showed me how to use the control, cleaned up everything and removed all of the packing and clutter. Great job, far better than expected. Both the set and the unexpected white glove delivery service are superb.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Looking But Problem Already?, May 28, 2009

**Update ao 5-29-09: Called Samsung and was told a tech would come for in-home servicing. Called service company to schedule the appt. but was told I would have to mail it in and it could take up to 21 days for servicing and return. I called Amazon Customer Service and they are sending me a new unit and the delivery people will pick up the defective unit and take it back. I am much more satisfied with Amazon's swift resolution than Samsung and their vendor servicing through CVE. Apparently, any sets under 37 inches must be mailed to their facility for servicing. The only concession is that they will extend your warranty by 90 days but on the other hand, you're out of the tv for almost a month! Amazon handled the transaction very well. Will update rating upon re-delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung stands out in hdtv!!!, April 23, 2009
J.H (VIRGINIA) - See all my reviews
Very impressed with my new Samsung LN32B460. very easy to set up with the on screen plug and play setup.Bought this tv for my bedroom looks great with the sleek design and appereance.The contrast is unreal life like picture.Can't beat the price of 599.00 plus free shipping and no TAX!!!Fast delivery ordered on 04-19-09 recieved it on 04-22-09.Highly recommend the Samsung LN32B460 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV

5.0 out of 5 stars samsung is amazing, May 22, 2009
this model is from 2009. fairly new model that got touched up. at $552 it is a pretty good deal for such a high end television. Once you get the tv you will be happy you spent a little more and did not get a vizio. 50:000 contrast ratio is something you won't come across a lot in similar competitors. when you see it in person you can see that the color is VERY vivid and lively.

a bonus if you play video games on the 360 or ps3 (like me) the game mode puts any fear of "hdtv lag" away. as a gamer i've played on new hdtvs where the hdtv affected the controls of the game (i.e. lag). this is often caused by down/up scaling the signal must be put through before getting to the set resolution. most games are designed for 720p.

And to those thinking you can spend a little bit more and get a 1080p... you can barely notice any difference. The screen is only a 32". The difference is slightly noticeable on the bigger size tvs like the 52".

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung rocks, April 23, 2009
This is my second Samsung HDTV and it's outstanding. This model includes a QAM turner which I didn't know much about until I did some research. If you have cable, the QAM tuner allows you to receive an HD signal from the major networks without the need for a special cablebox. I can simply plug in the cable and receive most of my cable channels (but not the digital channels) and the HD signals for CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX and PBS without a box. I was amazed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung 2009 LN32B460 - Worth every penny, April 24, 2009
Great LCD television - noticeable contrast ratio upgrade versus last years A-series 450's. Easy set-up, very light, amazing color reproduction, very clear, sharp, and low glare. Wonderful LCD television for a great price!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great while it lasted..., September 11, 2009
I purchased this tv in June 2009 based on favorable reviews, value and amazing picture. However, within 5 weeks of purchase, I began to have major problems. Here is a summary of everything tv related I experienced.

After 5 weeks, the tv began to sporadically turn on when I pressed the power button, ie, it would take 10 tries to turn the tv on, then 20, then 30...then...
it wouldn't turn on at all. Samsung told me it was a fairly common problem, and described it as an "internal batter problem." Google "samsung tv problems power" and you will see what I am talking about.

I sent the tv in to the authorized third party repair center, CVE in Riverdale NJ. Repair was scheduled to take 5 days, followed by an additional 2 day period of testing to make sure the repair was completed. I received the tv about two weeks after they received it, and upon plugging it in to multiple outlets, the tv still did not work.

Samsung does give a warranty, which is limited to repairs (potentially multiple) until the unit is deemed unrepairable by the official third party repair center, CVE. As of now, I have sent the tv in a 2nd time, and the only explanation I have received from CVE and Samsung is that the unit was repaired and must have broken again in transit. However, it seems to me that the unit was not repaired and that the battle to exchange the old unit for a new tv (which does happen eventually) is the absolute last resort for Samsung, in lieu of a customer's satisfaction with a product.

While the tv was great when it worked, and it appears that my case is an outlier, I did want to alert others of this potential (and frequent amongst Samsung tvs) problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 32" TV I've found yet, May 11, 2009
I bought 3 32" tv's all within about a month in a half with the intention of keeping just one of them. The 3 tv's were this Samsung, a Phillips 32pfl3504d f7 and a Vizio WV32L. Ranking the 3 for image quality the Samsung wins by far followed by the Vizio and at the very bottom the Phillips. FYI the Phillips image is horrible especially the way it handles SD signals and even the HDMI input from a PC, it's pixelated horribly.

Back to the Samsung though it's slightly more expensive than other 32" tv's but I feel it was worth the extra cost. It's build quality is much better than others I've seen.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Nice HDTV For The Price, June 13, 2009
D. Gaj (Silver Lake, OH) - See all my reviews
I was looking to find an LCD HDTV that was a good value, as I didn't want to spend too much. This Samsung model fit the bill perfectly. I've had it a few months and it works great rendering video streamed from the Internet, Hulu, Netflix, etc. When I first connected the Mac Mini to it, the HDTV read "Adjusting..." and the picture came back and filled the screen completely with no edge lines, etc. Very nice! The speakers aren't great on the TV, but there is an output to hook up external speakers if desired. Also, there are plenty of input options to cover most everything one might need. I do not regret this purchase and would recommend this product to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung shows again why Sony is no longer the De facto Brand, August 18, 2009
This 32" Samsung has a strong presentation in vivid colors and true blacks. It replaces a 32" 720p Westinghouse and while it has served well the side by side comparison of the two prove to be little challenge for the elegant touch of color. I always manage to be demoing theses things on Sunday and the sport of golf is always a good barometer to test the color rendering of a TV.
Realistic green grass, accurate flesh tones and beautiful deep blue skies, a great example of color spread with no bleed over. I use the Dark Knight to test the blacks and the TV did a good job of presenting the different depths of black and where you might find a Sony blending the blacks together you can see separation of images giving depth to scenes in a very dark movie.
The one complaint might be that this TV isn't 1080p but I have to tell you the difference between 720p and 1080p at the 32" size is not going to be that noticeable. Don't let that be a factor in your purchasing this TV. At one time I would go straight to the Sony brand and buy without hesitation, but Samsung not only offers a better product but also a greater value for the price.

Samsung LN32B460 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (2009 Model)
Used & New from: $249.00