If you haven't seen our new Touch of Color design, you haven't seen an HDTV this beautiful. A hint of rich red in the bezel creates a sophisticated look. The Media2.0 feature lets you access countless hours of content from Yahoo! and Flickr. Auto Motion Plus 120Hz technology renders the most lifelike action. And DLNA technology means you can harness your entire home network through your HDTV. Sit back and watch your favorite shows and movies in amazing high definition with the Samsung LN46B650 HDTV. Medi@2.0 - Lets you enjoy more with Internet TV Internet TV1 which allows you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, on screen USB 2.0 Movie - For playing MP3 and displaying JPEG/MPEG files through the USB 2.0 connection on selected Samsung TVs Wide Color Enhancer 2 - Optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in more natural rendering of colors Response time - A fast 4ms response time minimizes blurring of fast motion in sports programs Game Mode - Enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button Picture-in-Picture (PIP) - Enables convenient, simultaneous viewing of TV programs and video or PC content sources SRS TruSurround HD - Creates an immersive, feature-rich surround sound experience from two speakers, complete with rich bass, high frequency detail and clear dialog Input/Output - 4 HDMI (1 side, 3 back), 1 composite (rear), 1 component (rear), 1 Ethernet (rear), 2 USB (side), 1 PC input Energy Star Compliant reduces energy consumption by up to 25% compared with standard TVs Unit Dimensions (WXHXD) - 44.3 x 30.8 x 10.9 with stand, 44.3 x 28.8 x 3.1 without stand Weight - 53.8 lbs. with stand, 42.8lbs without stand
From the Manufacturer
(April 20, 2009)
With the Samsung 46-inch LN46B650 HDTV, you're investing in ahigh-quality LCD TV that offers top-of-the-line picture quality with 1080p high definition resolution. Enjoy the sharpest details and vivid color with a 100,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for more realistic images and Samsung's Wide Color Enhancer 3 technology for a more natural rendering of colors. It also incorporates a number of innovative features to reduce the motion blur and image judder, which traditionally plague LCD HDTVs when displaying fast movement. This B650 series HDTV combines an ultra-fast 4ms (millisecond) response time with Samsung's Auto Motion Plus frame interpolation technology, which utilizes a 120Hz refresh rate, helping ensure the crisp, easy viewing of sports, video games, and movies.
The stylish Samsung LN46B650 1080p HDTV with innovative Touch of Color design.
The LN46B650 features Samsung's new Internet@TV online content service. Developed with Yahoo!, Internet@TV uses either a wired or wireless Ethernet connection to access content onscreen from Yahoo!, Flickr, YouTube and more with the push of a button. The widget-based interface and scrollbar run along the bottom of the screen for easy browsing of the latest programs and content. This B650 model also includes a 2 GB flash memory with pre-loaded entertainment features that can be updated by downloading content from Samsung's web site via the Ethernet connection
You get superb connectivity and networking with 2 USB ports for playing MP3 audio and displaying JPEG/MPEG files, and four HDMI 1.3 ports. The sound is boosted with 15-watt bottom stereo speaker and an integrated subwoofer. This HDTV is accented by Samsung's TOC (Touch of Color) bezel design, which offers a hint of red translucent color around the edges of the unit for a unique look. It is Energy Star compliant, which helps you be green while saving on your electric bill.
In addition to this 46-inch model, the Samsung B650 series also includes the 1080p 32-inch LN32B650, 37-inch LN37B650, 40-inch LN40B650, and 55-inch LN55B650 as well as the 720p 19-inch LN19B650 and 22-inch LN22B650. (Learn more about what size TV should you get.)
- Screen Size: 46 inches
- Full 1080p HD (Learn more)
- Blazing fast 4ms response time minimizes blurring of fast motion in sports programs. (Learn more)
- HD-Grade 1920 (H) x 1080 (V) pixel resolution: High-resolution pixel density is combined with a built-in image scaler to handle inputs from a variety of digital and analog audio/video sources.
- Built-in digital tuner: No external box needed
- Auto Motion Plus 120Hz: Advanced processing that reduces blur and enhances image detail when viewing fast motion video sequences. (Learn more)
- Ultra Clear Panel: Advanced LCD technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) enables convenient, simultaneous viewing of TV programs and video or PC content sources.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Side-mounted USB 2.0 port: Connect USB devices directly to your HDTV to view JPEG photos or MPEG movies or easily listen to your MP3 player through your HDTV's audio system or your home theater system.
- Touch of Color (ToC): Samsung's unique manufacturing process accents the surrounding bezel with a stylish red tone. (Learn more)
- Wide Color Enhancer 3 optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in more natural rendering of colors. (Learn more)
- Audio: Two 15-watt stereo speakers (for 30 watts of total power) plus integrated subwoofer for rumbling bass.
- SRS TruSurround HD creates an immersive, feature-rich surround sound experience from two speakers, complete with rich bass, high frequency detail and clear dialog.
- DLNA-Compatible for better interopability with electronics, computers and mobile devices from many different manufacturers (Learn more)
- Content Library (2 GB Flash Memory): Built-in library contains photo art gallery, games, workout routines, recipes, and other interesting digital content. Additional items and updates are available from Samsung.com.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) allows the TV's remote control to operate at the push of one button, peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player featuring HDMI-CEC.
- Variable sleep timer can be programmed to turn the TV off at different time intervals.
- Trilingual on-screen displays in English, Spanish or French.
- Energy Star Compliant: Reduces energy consumption by up to 25 percent compared with standard TVs.
- Swivel stand included.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor with in-home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support
- Medi@2.0 lets you enjoy more with Internet TV, allowing you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, and more via on-screen TV widgets. (Learn more)
A wide variety of multimedia devices can be connected to the set through any one of the four HDMI 1.3 inputs (including one on the side), and the handy Anynet+ feature (HDMI-CEC) lets you control all your CEC-enabled peripherals--such as a DVD or Blu-ray player--using just one remote. Connect HD digital devices like disc players, game consoles, and satellite dish components into the two rear connections and use the side-mounted input for cameras, camcorders, and laptops. HDMI is the best performing interface for displaying an HD source on an HDTV.
- HDMI (version 1.3): 4
- Component: 2 rear
- Composite A/V: 1 rear/1 side (shared with component)
- USB 2.0: 2
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1
- Ethernet: 1
- RS232C: 1
- Digital audio output: 1 optical
- TV without stand: 44.3 x 28.8 x 3.1 inches (WxHxD); 42.8 pounds
- TV with stand: 44.3 x 30.8 x 10.9 inches (WxHxD); 53.8 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
Widgets allow you to track local weather with Yahoo, access eBay, display Flickr pictures and see Twitter updates - all on your screen. With a split-screen display, you can do it all without missing a second of your favorite shows. And now, you can also get movies on demand via blockbuster and Instant Video.
| Current Widgets |
Get real-time updates, place bids, monitor your favorite items, view photos and compare prices with the press of your remote. You won’t miss a buying or selling opportunity with the eBay TV widget.
| || |
Track fantasy league scores, standings, and player stats in real time while you watch the games on TV.
| || |
Keep in touch with people and share real-time updates and frequent answers while you watch TV.
| || |
Share photos with family & friends and browse the latest photos posted by the Flickr community.
| || |
Share your favorite YouTube videos without having to gather around a computer screen.
| || |
Choose a location and get a snapshot of current weather conditions, the 5-day forecast and more.
| || |
Get breaking news, headlines, and top stories from leading news sources, designed for the big screen.
| || |
USA Today Sports
Get the latest sports scores, stories, and snapshots, as the news happens from USA TODAY.
See all Product Description
| ||With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5