- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung LN46B650 46-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Red Touch of Color
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 46-inch LCD HDTV with full HD 1080p resolution for the sharpest picture possible and red Touch of Color design
- Auto Motion Plus 120Hz for amazingly fluid motion, 100,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 4ms response time, Wide Color Enhancer 3 for more vivid colors
- Internet@TV online content service from Yahoo!, Flickr, YouTube via your broadband connection; side-mounted USB port for displaying JPEG/MPEG files and listening to MP3 audio
- Inputs: 4 HDMI-CEC, 2 component, 2 composite, 1 PC, 2 USB, 1 Ethernet, 1 optical digital audio output
- Includes removable stand; measures 44.3 x 30.8 x 10.9 inches with stand; 15-watt x 2 bottom mounted speakers with subwoofer
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Samsung
- Model Number: LN46B650
- Display Technology: LCD
- Display Size: 46 inches
- Image Contrast Ratio: 100,000:1
From the Manufacturer
With the Samsung 46-inch LN46B650 HDTV, you're investing in ahigh-quality LCD TV that offers top-of-the-line picture quality with 1080p high definition resolution. Enjoy the sharpest details and vivid color with a 100,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for more realistic images and Samsung's Wide Color Enhancer 3 technology for a more natural rendering of colors. It also incorporates a number of innovative features to reduce the motion blur and image judder, which traditionally plague LCD HDTVs when displaying fast movement. This B650 series HDTV combines an ultra-fast 4ms (millisecond) response time with Samsung's Auto Motion Plus frame interpolation technology, which utilizes a 120Hz refresh rate, helping ensure the crisp, easy viewing of sports, video games, and movies.
The stylish Samsung LN46B650 1080p HDTV with innovative Touch of Color design.
You get superb connectivity and networking with 2 USB ports for playing MP3 audio and displaying JPEG/MPEG files, and four HDMI 1.3 ports. The sound is boosted with 15-watt bottom stereo speaker and an integrated subwoofer. This HDTV is accented by Samsung's TOC (Touch of Color) bezel design, which offers a hint of red translucent color around the edges of the unit for a unique look. It is Energy Star compliant, which helps you be green while saving on your electric bill.
In addition to this 46-inch model, the Samsung B650 series also includes the 1080p 32-inch LN32B650, 37-inch LN37B650, 40-inch LN40B650, and 55-inch LN55B650 as well as the 720p 19-inch LN19B650 and 22-inch LN22B650. (Learn more about what size TV should you get.)
- Screen Size: 46 inches
- Full 1080p HD (Learn more)
- Blazing fast 4ms response time minimizes blurring of fast motion in sports programs. (Learn more)
- HD-Grade 1920 (H) x 1080 (V) pixel resolution: High-resolution pixel density is combined with a built-in image scaler to handle inputs from a variety of digital and analog audio/video sources.
- Built-in digital tuner: No external box needed
- Auto Motion Plus 120Hz: Advanced processing that reduces blur and enhances image detail when viewing fast motion video sequences. (Learn more)
- Ultra Clear Panel: Advanced LCD technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) enables convenient, simultaneous viewing of TV programs and video or PC content sources.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Side-mounted USB 2.0 port: Connect USB devices directly to your HDTV to view JPEG photos or MPEG movies or easily listen to your MP3 player through your HDTV's audio system or your home theater system.
- Touch of Color (ToC): Samsung's unique manufacturing process accents the surrounding bezel with a stylish red tone. (Learn more)
- Wide Color Enhancer 3 optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in more natural rendering of colors. (Learn more)
- Audio: Two 15-watt stereo speakers (for 30 watts of total power) plus integrated subwoofer for rumbling bass.
- SRS TruSurround HD creates an immersive, feature-rich surround sound experience from two speakers, complete with rich bass, high frequency detail and clear dialog.
- DLNA-Compatible for better interopability with electronics, computers and mobile devices from many different manufacturers (Learn more)
- Content Library (2 GB Flash Memory): Built-in library contains photo art gallery, games, workout routines, recipes, and other interesting digital content. Additional items and updates are available from Samsung.com.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) allows the TV's remote control to operate at the push of one button, peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player featuring HDMI-CEC.
- Variable sleep timer can be programmed to turn the TV off at different time intervals.
- Trilingual on-screen displays in English, Spanish or French.
- Energy Star Compliant: Reduces energy consumption by up to 25 percent compared with standard TVs.
- Swivel stand included.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor with in-home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support
- Medi@2.0 lets you enjoy more with Internet TV, allowing you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, and more via on-screen TV widgets. (Learn more)
A wide variety of multimedia devices can be connected to the set through any one of the four HDMI 1.3 inputs (including one on the side), and the handy Anynet+ feature (HDMI-CEC) lets you control all your CEC-enabled peripherals--such as a DVD or Blu-ray player--using just one remote. Connect HD digital devices like disc players, game consoles, and satellite dish components into the two rear connections and use the side-mounted input for cameras, camcorders, and laptops. HDMI is the best performing interface for displaying an HD source on an HDTV.
- HDMI (version 1.3): 4
- Component: 2 rear
- Composite A/V: 1 rear/1 side (shared with component)
- USB 2.0: 2
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1
- Ethernet: 1
- RS232C: 1
- Digital audio output: 1 optical
- TV without stand: 44.3 x 28.8 x 3.1 inches (WxHxD); 42.8 pounds
- TV with stand: 44.3 x 30.8 x 10.9 inches (WxHxD); 53.8 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
| Current Widgets || |
USA Today Sports
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
**May 8, 2009 Updates at the bottom
**May 14, 2009 -- I've updated my final calibration
I just received my LN46B650 today so I may update this review in time. Feel free to comment with questions and I'll try to respond to them in later updates.
The box for the LN46B650 comes is not too much larger than the TV dimensions itself. Sometimes you'll see a 32" TV come in a box that could easily fit one much larger. I wouldn't exactly call it environmentally friendly, but the box easily fit through doorways and into the elevator of my apartment building. The box is fitted with Styrofoam at the corners to keep the TV in its place and inflated plastic bags filling in all the empty space. There is the typical screen protective plastic in place and I found that the TV came in excellent condition with no noticeable shipping damage. I did not use Amazon.com's shipping company, the handling of other shippers may vary.
In the box is the stand (which comes with assembly instructions, though mine was already assembled), remote, 2 x AA batteries, a USB flash drive containing multimedia content and the TV instruction manual, a cover for the bottom of the TV in case you wish to mount it on a wall, a cleaning cover,screws for securing the stand to the TV, a power cord and a software CD for connecting the TV to a Windows Vista or XP computer via ethernet connections.
Moving the box by myself was a bit difficult as it is still quite larger, once I got it out of the box though, the TV is very light for a 23 year old male and getting it on the stand was very easy. Once on the stand it snaps in place, you can (optionally) insert screws to keep it locked into the stand.Read more ›
The "auto-motion plus" (AMP) feature is improved over the 2008 model by allowing you to fine-tune the settings more. AMP is the technology that fills in extra frames (120Hz) so video doesn't look so "jerky". Owners of the 2008 model sometimes had complaints that they could not adjust the AMP setting enough to their liking. The 2009 model allows greater customization.
"Game mode" helps eliminate the lag when playing games. Once I turned this mode on, there was no lag when playing "Rock Band" and other games on the PS3.
I am using HDMI v1.3b cables that only cost a dollar from BargainCell. Images are awesome. Don't spend more than that for HDMI cables!!! Research the web or look at the reviews for HDMI cables on Amazon to find out why. You will not notice any difference in image quality no matter how expensive an HDMI cable is.
The sound on the TV is a little flat, and doesn't have much bass. But I am hooking my PS3 and DirecTV sound to an Onkyo receiver and Energy speakers (which sound great!), so it didn't matter to me.
Keep in mind that the 650 models (like this one) have a gloss panel. This causes reflections to show from windows and lights.Read more ›
The B650 has a MUCH clearer picture. And by "clearer", I mean more defined with a sharper contrast, brighter whites and darker darks.
I attribute this to the doubling of the contrast ratio. The A650 has a 50,000:1 whereas the B650 has 100,000:1. For those that do not know about contrast, the contrast ratio measures how many stages there are between the darkest dark to the whitest white a crystal can do. The problem is that the manufacturers do NOT use the same standard for what "dark" really is. Additionally, their darkest dark is measured when the tv is OFF - not very helpful since you're not seeing how dark the crystal can actually get. The B650 looked like a HD set while the A650 looked like a regular flatscreen.
I had the salesman put both tvs with the same settings to compare the two realistically. I also looked for the motion and "ghosting" that occurs when action is moving. For this test, I looked closely at a soccer game being displayed on the two tvs. Again the B650 did not show quite as much "trailing" that the A650 did. Although both sets were 120hz, the B650 out shown the A650 hands down. The response time (how long the crystal takes to go from white, to dark, back to white again) for both of these sets is 4ms; but the B650 seemed to have a much more fluid motion - much like if you were watching real life.
I am going to hold out some more to see if the price of these go down, but I am definitely going to purchase the B650 instead of the A650. Honestly, the best way is to go to Best Buy and see for yourself. Don't be afraid to ask the sales people to adjust the color and contrast for you.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased this TV 5 years ago, have been using it less than 4 hours per day. Recently, the screen comes with colored line stripes. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Ruisheng Diao
I've had this set about five years. It's still working perfectlyPublished 12 months ago by Billy Waddell
After lots of research and reading great reviews, I purchased television in Sept. 2009. Beautiful picture until Nov 2014...only 5 years. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Jennifer H
Developed horizontal black lines across the screen after only a couple years of use. Planned obsolescence or just poor quality by Samsung? Read morePublished 23 months ago by Jason Lindenschmidt
bought it in '09 for about $1,600. Screen just went bad. Almost $1,000 to repair. It's going to the recyclers. Read morePublished on February 15, 2014 by Equipment Buyer
This TV lasted 18 months and then developed a problem with lots of lines running vertically and several other issues that I can't recall but it would have cost $900 to repair. Read morePublished on February 10, 2014 by H. Barker
I've owned this TV for nearly 3 years and it's worked flawlessly. If I ever replace it, it will only be with a larger, similar Samsung.Published on January 5, 2014 by Evan
Love this Samsung. Easy to set up and picture on it is excellent. Stylish looking and has various ports for HDMI, etc. Menu is easy to navigate.Published on December 31, 2013 by TJ