5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Picture Quality (Unless you need a matte screen)
**May 1, 2009 Updates at the bottom
**May 8, 2009 Updates at the bottom
**May 14, 2009 -- I've updated my final calibration

I just received my LN46B650 today so I may update this review in time. Feel free to comment with questions and I'll try to respond to them in later updates.

UNBOXING
The box for the LN46B650 comes is not too much...
Published on April 30, 2009 by M. J.

1.0 out of 5 stars Two lemons in a row! Bad quality product
We originally got the A650 (2008 model) in July of 2008. After just 3 months, we started getting sporadic and random green "lightning" on the screen. Samsung attempted to repair the unit THREE times over a period of 9 months, but the problem kept coming back. Finally they agreed to replace our unit with the B650 (2009 model). We got our brand new TV (not refurbished)...
Published on December 7, 2009 by M. Chang

‹ Previous | 114 15 16 17 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung LN46b650 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV, June 1, 2009
This review is from: Samsung LN46B650 46-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Red Touch of Color (Electronics)
Very nice ,It was everything I expected and more.
I mounted the TV on my wall,hide the cables and power
and it looks fantastic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb picture quality with many extra features, May 21, 2009
I received the Samsung LN46B650 model about one month ago and have been very pleased with the unit overall. I have it connected to a DirecTV HD-DVR receiver and the HD content displayed is outstanding. You may need to tweak the various settings on the TV to get the best aesthetically-pleasing screen image and the intuitive layout of the TV's remote makes tweaking settings on the TV very easy. TV Remote does have a backlight keypad feature that may be turned on/off at will and many of the buttons are very large and provide a decent tactile feel when pressed. The TV speakers are serviceable, but this panel would really benefit from being attached to a good quality home theater system. As previously mentioned, there are very many options for tweaking the TV's picture depending on the ambient level of illumination and the content being viewed on-screen. You can even tweak the judder settings for fast-action content. Colors pop very well and there are different levels of blacks available to choose from. Picture quality for my Nintendo Gamecube attached via RCA A/V cables is somewhat blurry, but was improved after adjusting the Sharpness setting on the TV. Loss of quality with GCN probably results from the signal quality and the stretching of the image to fill a 16:9 aspect ratio, rather than the TV itself. I have experienced no latency while playing my GCN on this model of TV. The TV itself is quite glossy and looks good in my bedroom, even when powered off. The beefy glass stand that is included in the box does swivel back and forth which is a nice touch. The only minor gripe I have about the unit that I received is that the glass stand (which came preassembled) had one of the two small tabs malformed as though part of it was missing. Not for sure, but I think that these tabs are used as guides when attaching the panel to the glass stand. So, no major problem, I think. I may call Samsung to double-check on this soon though. I'm quite happy with the overall quality of the Samsung LN46B650 and plan to purchase more Samsung products in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless DLNA solution?, April 10, 2009
I just bought the LN46B650, was delivered in < 5 days (including the day I purchased it) excellent service all around so far. I love the TV and recommend it to all. I just had one question maybe someone could help me out with... I've heard bad reviews about using the "Wireless Linkstik" and how it doesn't support the DLNA technology, but has anybody tried using this "NETGEAR - Wall-Plugged Ethernet Bridge" (or something similar) that BB has instead of running 50' of ethernet? I haven't tried it, I was just trying to find a better solution then running ethernet. Any help would be nice. Thanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung LCD HDTV 46 Inch, April 5, 2010
I like the TV very much.Picture is all that I could ask for. The delivey was very well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung 46" LCD, February 1, 2010
Great TV, my second one. I have a 40" and 46". Picture is clear and sharp. I had a Sony but this is far better

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the crisp and brightness, September 10, 2009
I just got rid of my Sony DLP and got this Samsung HDTV and what a difference!
The picture is crisp and bright...
The only drawback is the DLNA software it came with, it's very confusing where I had to manually set the Device Policy to even have the TV recognize and very limited file support...
I'm now using different DLNA software from Transtechnology called Ultimate CS which is easier with better media support like .rm and .mov files are also supported...
Overall, no regrets... love the TV...

4.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, July 10, 2009
this television is exactly what i was looking for and a great price. there was not one bit of damage in shipping---came perfect. i've only had it about 3 weeks so can't give you longevity rating. hopeful it will last as it should. the only reason i gave it 4 stars is because i think it takes a little bit of time for the picture to materialize after i push on. that's pretty picky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, June 5, 2009
Awesome TV! I would highly recommend it if you're looking for a TV with an amazing picture and great sound, and it looks good too. It was very easy to set up. I just wish it came with an actual manual, not just a help/tutorial screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, May 11, 2009
It's a great TV. Delivery was on time.Picture quality is excellent,even SD channels looks good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great., July 13, 2009
Overall I think this is a good TV, however based on all the positive reviews I read before buying it I am a little disappointed.

On the positive side the picture quality, color and contrast are all top notch. The menus are also very clear and intuitive. The styling of the TV is also very sleek and looks great in the room.

On the negative side, the audio quality with the internal speakers is terrible. I think it may have to do with the fact that the speakers are on the back or underside of the TV and not forward facing. If you're hooking this up to a home theater then you should be fine. If not it's going to sound like you're listening to your clock radio.

Another gripe is that it's hard to tell when the TV is on or off. When you turn it on or off there is a sound for each (which I personally find annoying) and it's hard to differentiate which sound means what. there is also a tiny indicator light (which I find hard to see from the viewing distance) and it goes on when the TV is off which seem counter-intuitive.

Another disappointment is that remote doesn't appear to be a universal remote that you can use to control other devices. If it does, it isn't intuitive enough for me to figure it out.

Which brings me to my last gripe. To make it even more frustrating there is no paper manual. There is a paper quick guide, but if you want to find out details on how to use specific features you have to use the onscreen e-manual. I may be old skool, but having to read and e-manual to learn how to operate your tv is like learning how to drive a car while reading the instructions off the windshield. Also reading white text on a dark background from the couch at standard TV resolution is hard on the eyes.

‹ Previous | 114 15 16 17 | Next ›