From the Manufacturer
Samsung with NFL (March 2010)
The Samsung LCD 550 HDTV is as beautiful aesthetically as it is in picture quality: An exclusive Touch of Color design combines texture and color that will complement any room. It features a hint of color naturally blended into the traditional piano black frame, transforming your already stylish TV into a work of art. The AllShare feature allows you to sync up your entire household, via a wired or wireless DLNA connection that lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote. Your Samsung LCD 550 is also working towards a greener tomorrow: It’s up to 43% more efficient than ENERGY STAR 4.0 minimum standards. Key Features
- Screen Size: 46 inches
- Full HD 1080p Resolution: Enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- Touch of Color: Exclusive Red Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. Userfriendly interface allows access to videos, a music playlist and pictures via the remote.
- AllShare: Sync up your entire household. A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: LCD Energy Efficient, up to 30% less than the latest ENERGY STAR specification depending on series and screen size in standard mode.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Wide Color Enhancer delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- DNSe: Delivers high-quality sound with more natural effects than conventional methods by reproducing the "genuine" stereo sound.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung
- Swivel stand
- 4 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface):
3 back, 1 side
HDMI makes it easy to connect your home theater with one cable per component.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- USB: 1 side, 1 back
- PC input: 1 back
- TV without stand: 43.8 x 26.5 x 3.2 inches (WxHxD); 40.1 pounds
- TV with stand: 43.8 x 29.0 x 10.8 inches (WxHxD); 48.3 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
|Delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail. Whereas blue and green shaded areas of the picture are washed out on conventional screens, wide color enhancer lets you experience more brilliant colors. Simply imagine a wider range of colors than you ever thought possible. || |
| ||By being ENERGY STAR compliant you are assured that your Samsung model is helping the environment by using less energy while saving you money. ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy promoting energy efficiency. |
| ||With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5
Make the move to the smoothest LCD action ever. Samsung's LN46C550 LCD HDTV offers incredible color and rich clarity, all on a 46-inch screen. Add the power of Samsung's Wide Color Enhancer, for a picture that optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in more natural rendering of colors and lifelike action. Samsung HDTVs are also ENERGY STAR compliant, helping the environment by using less energy while saving you money.