- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung LN46C550 46-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Full HD 1080p resolution
- Touch of Color(TM) design
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR® standards
- ConnectShare(TM) Movie
- Game Mode
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
The Samsung LCD 550 HDTV is as beautiful aesthetically as it is in picture quality: An exclusive Touch of Color design combines texture and color that will complement any room. It features a hint of color naturally blended into the traditional piano black frame, transforming your already stylish TV into a work of art. The AllShare feature allows you to sync up your entire household, via a wired or wireless DLNA connection that lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote. Your Samsung LCD 550 is also working towards a greener tomorrow: It’s up to 43% more efficient than ENERGY STAR 4.0 minimum standards.
- Screen Size: 46 inches
- Full HD 1080p Resolution: Enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- Touch of Color: Exclusive Red Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. Userfriendly interface allows access to videos, a music playlist and pictures via the remote.
- AllShare: Sync up your entire household. A wired or wireless DLNA connection lets you stream your PC audio and video files to your HDTV using your remote.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: LCD Energy Efficient, up to 30% less than the latest ENERGY STAR specification depending on series and screen size in standard mode.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Wide Color Enhancer delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- DNSe: Delivers high-quality sound with more natural effects than conventional methods by reproducing the "genuine" stereo sound.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (90 days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung
- Swivel stand
- 4 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface):
3 back, 1 side
HDMI makes it easy to connect your home theater with one cable per component.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Allows peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player to be controlled by a Samsung TV remote control.
- USB: 1 side, 1 back
- PC input: 1 back
- TV without stand: 43.8 x 26.5 x 3.2 inches (WxHxD); 40.1 pounds
- TV with stand: 43.8 x 29.0 x 10.8 inches (WxHxD); 48.3 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
|Delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail. Whereas blue and green shaded areas of the picture are washed out on conventional screens, wide color enhancer lets you experience more brilliant colors. Simply imagine a wider range of colors than you ever thought possible.|
|By being ENERGY STAR compliant you are assured that your Samsung model is helping the environment by using less energy while saving you money. ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy promoting energy efficiency.|
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
I purchased this TV for the bedroom, and can compare it to the Samsung UN55B7000 55-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LED HDTV I have as our primary TV. The UN55B7000 was last years 120 Hz edge-lit LED model that is really a great TV except for the poor flashlighting produced by the edge-lit design, and its poor DLNA support. With all the frustration I had with that, I almost swore off Samsung for good.
So how does this LN46C550 compare to a TV that cost more than twice as much? Actually, pretty well. I have this connected to a Samsung BD-C6500 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player and the HD 1080p is rendered pretty well, however, this being a tube backlit LCD at 60 Hz, there are most definitely some differences in picture quality between the two.
The fit and finish of the TV with its Touch of Color design (matches the UN55B7000) is nicely done. The firmware for this years TVs (the C series) is much better than last years. There is a plethora of configuration options for tuning display parameters. While the set comes with 4 preset picture modes, they are woefully over-saturated and inaccurate. Many of the dynamic adjustments are noticeable and intrusive, making them more bother than they are worth.Read more ›
This TV is beautiful too, what looks to be a glass/hard plastic/fiber bevel around the edge as well as the stand. It looks very complimenting to a taken care of home, nothing cheap about the tv except its price, which I got it for $[...] after shipping.
This is my second night with it. My wife and I were sitting on the couch with our wireless mini remote checking my emails and one of my [...] email advertisements came through and we bought something, like interactive TV, so simple. It doesn't feel like a computer anymore.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We bought this Tv in 2010. Paid hardly anything for it.
Pro's: Excellent video resolution, Great for watching movies off your hard drive, Great for online gaming... Read more
I've become a big fan of Samsung LCD TVs after living with this set for a couple of years. The LN46C550's image is bright and sharp, with excellent adjustability via a very... Read morePublished on August 10, 2012 by Anonymous
I bought this just to serve as a computer monitor. It works great. Color reproduction is fairly accurate. It's your typical Samsung LCD. Read morePublished on May 31, 2012 by Tri-State Tech
We purchased our tv in early December of 2010 after reading several reviews, researching online, and going to local electronics stores to see them for ourselves. Read morePublished on January 11, 2012 by tk_atlanta
I had the LN46C610 model for exactly one year. Started to flicker then eventually went dark. Common problem among the Samsungs of this series. Read morePublished on November 19, 2011 by Mr. Fix It
Nothing negative to say about it. Works well, great form and function. The stand is very sturdy and it feels solid overall.Published on September 30, 2011 by Travis Vocino
I spent so much time reading reviews, looking at Consumer reports. I was a little concerned about the 60HZ because I primarily watch sports and movies, but based on the reviews I... Read morePublished on September 18, 2011 by Dawnrweinman
I have to say that the picture on this TV is spectacular. i currently have 2 lCD and 1 plamsa. The picture really popps. My friends really notice it when they visit.Published on June 20, 2011 by samson
This TV is awesome, and the price on here was unreal. It was a few hundred buck cheaper than the lower 530 model at the chain electronics stores. Read morePublished on March 5, 2011 by Just Bill