Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung LN46E550 46-Inch 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV (2012 Model)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 11, 2012
I just bought this apparently lovely product but had to return it because it lacks any type of audio output. I has neither digital nor analog audio output, not even a headphone jack. There is no way to connect an external sound system to the TV as you need to if using cable feed directly to the set. I see no other TV with this deficiency. The TV salesman at Costco had never noticed this and was, like me, shocked by the absence of any output connections. The comparable Samsung 42" has both digital and analog audio outputs. It costs $75 less.
2424 comments| 184 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2012
Since our 30 year old TV died recently, this is the first flat/big screen TV we have purchased. This TV was easy to set up and we are loving it.

I was told by my IT people at work that Samsung is the best, so that is why we purchased this TV. We are extremely happy with this purchase and are enjoying the large screen, great color and sound. Were told by a sales person at a big box store that we would need a sound bar, but since it is not inside an entertainment center, but is open to the room, the sound works wonderfully well in our ranch home living room.
on June 30, 2012
My husband and I have become Samsung TV fans and this 40" flat screen did not disappoint us! The picture is clear and the sound is good; no additional speakers are really needed in a smaller sized room. Set up was a breeze!
on December 18, 2012
TV has a nice picture and okay sound for a flat screen. Nice set of features. There is one major negative. The TV stand for table mounting is completely useless. It provides no stability, the TV slopes backwards slightly and it rocks with the application of an ounce or two of force. There is no doubt that a child jumping up and down near the TV would cause it to topple. As an engineer I was shocked that a major company would employ such an obviously deficient design. Am returning to the store as the probability of the TV falling is simply to great to justify keeping it.
on August 19, 2012
Purchased this TV though an Amazon affiliate and it arrived within a couple of days so very pleased with the shipping. It arrived in excellent shape and had it installed and up and running in a few minutes. Picture quality is excellent and the built in sound system is very good. Not theater quality but still very clear, lots of audio and nice stereo quality and it's light making it easy to move around for cleaning and so on.

I don't know about it's dependability since it's new but my other Samsung DLP projection TV has been running for seven years so I'd expect this new one would be even better. Would certainly recommend it.
on November 6, 2012
Good working TV. Great picture quality for the price. Good sound options with SRS HD. Easy to setup and operate.
on September 28, 2012
What could be better than a large TV, delivered to your doorstep, easily set up, that provides great picture and sound quality! Couldn't be happier with this purchase. .
on December 28, 2012
Got it for a great price, works well, great picture. Easy to setup. Was perfect for our first HDTV. One drawback, no RCA audio out connections.
on February 9, 2013
I like the brand Samsung, it is much better quality than many of the others. The picture is sharp and it performs well. I like the picture, sound, and everything about it. I placed it on my wall so that I would have more space. We are an older couple and space is a premium in our home. I found the instructions easy to follow and setup was easily done. I had a neighbor help me mount it to the wall, it takes two persons to do this safely. The anchors hold to the wall very well.
on February 11, 2013
We have been happy with this TV so far. Picture quality is fine for a 60Hz screen. The sound quality is decent but not great. I wish it had an audio jack to attach external speakers. That's my only complaint, except...

A note to fellow TiVo subscribers. This TV's backlight control affects the TiVo remote. I had to comb through the TiVo forums to figure this out, because unfortunately the TiVo support people had not encountered this problem before. We like to watch the TV fairly dim (bright screens give my wife headaches). We turned the backlight on our TV down to a very low level, and within minutes our TiVo remote had stopped talking to the TiVo box. Of course, we didn't make the connection right away. I tried replacing the remote batteries, I tried rebooting the TiVo, I tried updating the firmware, all to no effect.

We called TiVo support and they concluded that our TiVo box was defective. So they shipped us a replacement box. Of course, the same thing happened again. So we had gone to the trouble of shipping off our old TiVo box, had to have Comcast come and install a new cablecard in the new unit, and lost a bunch of recorded shows on the old box for nothing.

Since then we have found that if we keep the backlight setting at 2 or above on the TV, the TiVo remote is not affected.

I only put this in the review to help out other TiVo subscribers. Other than that, the TV has been fine.