5.0 out of 5 stars Great Big Screen TV
Since our 30 year old TV died recently, this is the first flat/big screen TV we have purchased. This TV was easy to set up and we are loving it.

Published on August 13, 2012 by BK

3.0 out of 5 stars no audio out
Published on August 11, 2012 by eyebeenthere

3.0 out of 5 stars no audio out, August 11, 2012
This review is from: Samsung LN46E550 46-Inch 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV (2012 Model) (Electronics)
I just bought this apparently lovely product but had to return it because it lacks any type of audio output. I has neither digital nor analog audio output, not even a headphone jack. There is no way to connect an external sound system to the TV as you need to if using cable feed directly to the set. I see no other TV with this deficiency. The TV salesman at Costco had never noticed this and was, like me, shocked by the absence of any output connections. The comparable Samsung 42" has both digital and analog audio outputs. It costs $75 less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Big Screen TV, August 13, 2012

I was told by my IT people at work that Samsung is the best, so that is why we purchased this TV. We are extremely happy with this purchase and are enjoying the large screen, great color and sound. Were told by a sales person at a big box store that we would need a sound bar, but since it is not inside an entertainment center, but is open to the room, the sound works wonderfully well in our ranch home living room.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this Samsung TV..., June 30, 2012
My husband and I have become Samsung TV fans and this 40" flat screen did not disappoint us! The picture is clear and the sound is good; no additional speakers are really needed in a smaller sized room. Set up was a breeze!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good TV, November 6, 2012
Good working TV. Great picture quality for the price. Good sound options with SRS HD. Easy to setup and operate.

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless stand, December 18, 2012
TV has a nice picture and okay sound for a flat screen. Nice set of features. There is one major negative. The TV stand for table mounting is completely useless. It provides no stability, the TV slopes backwards slightly and it rocks with the application of an ounce or two of force. There is no doubt that a child jumping up and down near the TV would cause it to topple. As an engineer I was shocked that a major company would employ such an obviously deficient design. Am returning to the store as the probability of the TV falling is simply to great to justify keeping it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic HDTV, December 28, 2012
Got it for a great price, works well, great picture. Easy to setup. Was perfect for our first HDTV. One drawback, no RCA audio out connections.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, Looks Great, December 11, 2012
We are using 5 of these in an industrial environment inside of a weather proof enclosure to display production data and we haven't had 1 problem with any of them. The screen color looks great. The oldest one is 5 months old now and still working great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful picture & sound!, September 28, 2012
What could be better than a large TV, delivered to your doorstep, easily set up, that provides great picture and sound quality! Couldn't be happier with this purchase. .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV for the price!, August 19, 2012
Purchased this TV though an Amazon affiliate and it arrived within a couple of days so very pleased with the shipping. It arrived in excellent shape and had it installed and up and running in a few minutes. Picture quality is excellent and the built in sound system is very good. Not theater quality but still very clear, lots of audio and nice stereo quality and it's light making it easy to move around for cleaning and so on.

I don't know about it's dependability since it's new but my other Samsung DLP projection TV has been running for seven years so I'd expect this new one would be even better. Would certainly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung is awsome, November 24, 2012
I really like this tv, it's picture quality far outpasses me old box like tv. I like the user options in the menu and the audio sounds you can pick between the movies or sports.

Samsung LN46E550 46-Inch 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV (2012 Model)
$879.99 $589.95