- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung LN52B550 52-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV with Red Touch of Color
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 52-inch LCD HDTV with full HD 1080p resolution for the sharpest picture possible and red Touch of Color design
- 70,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 6ms response time, Wide Color Enhancer 2 for more vivid colors
- Game mode speeds up image processing response; side-mounted USB port for displaying JPEG/MPEG files and listening to MP3 audio
- Inputs: 4 HDMI-CEC, 2 component, 1 composite, 1 PC, 1 USB, 1 optical digital audio output
- Includes removable stand; measures 49.5 x 33.6 x 12 inches with stand
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
From the Manufacturer
With the Samsung 52-inch LN52B550 HDTV, you're investing in a high-quality LCD TV that offers top-of-the-line picture quality with 1080p high definition resolution. Enjoy the sharpest details and vivid color with 70,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for more realistic images and a 6ms (millisecond) response time--virtually eliminating any blurring and providing smooth motion while watching fast-paced sports and action movies. Superb connectivity and networking with a USB port and four HDMI 1.3 ports with Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) means this HDTV plays well with all of your other electronics.
The stylish Samsung LN52B550 1080p HDTV with innovative Touch of Color design.
In addition to this 52-inch model, the Samsung B550 series also includes the 32-inch LN32B550, 37-inch LN37B550, 40-inch LN40B550, and 46-inch LN46B550. (Learn more about what size TV should you get.)
- Screen Size: 52 inches
- Full 1080p HD (Learn more)
- Fast 6ms response time minimizes blurring of fast motion in sports programs.
- Mega dynamic contrast ratio (Learn more)
- HD-Grade 1920 (H) x 1080 (V) pixel resolution: High-resolution pixel density is combined with a built-in image scaler to handle inputs from a variety of digital and analog audio/video sources.
- Built-in digital tuner: No external box needed
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) allows the TV's remote control to operate at the push of one button, peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player featuring HDMI-CEC.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Side-mounted USB 2.0 port: Connect USB devices directly to your HDTV to view JPEG photos or MPEG movies or easily listen to your MP3 player through your HDTV's audio system or your home theater system.
- Touch of Color (ToC): Samsung's unique manufacturing process accents the surrounding bezel with a stylish red tone. (Learn more)
- Wide Color Enhancer 2 optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in more natural rendering of colors. (Learn more)
- Audio: Two 10-watt stereo speakers (for 20 watts of total power)
- SRS TruSurround HD creates an immersive, feature-rich surround sound experience from two speakers, complete with rich bass, high frequency detail and clear dialog.
- Energy Star Compliant: Reduces energy consumption by up to 25 percent compared with standard TVs.
- Swivel stand included.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor with in-home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support
A wide variety of multimedia devices can be connected to the set through any one of the four HDMI 1.3 inputs (including one on the side), and the handy Anynet+ feature (HDMI-CEC) lets you control all your CEC-enabled peripherals--such as a DVD or Blu-ray player--using just one remote. Connect HD digital devices like disc players, game consoles, and satellite dish components into the two rear connections and use the side-mounted input for cameras, camcorders, and laptops. HDMI is the best performing interface for displaying an HD source on an HDTV.
- HDMI (version 1.3): 4
- Component: 2
- Composite A/V: 1
- USB 2.0: 1
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1
- Digital audio output: 1 optical
- View an image of this jack pack's details
- TV without stand: 49.5 x 31.4 x 3.1 inches (WxHxD); 54.9 pounds
- TV with stand: 49.5 x 33.6 x 12 inches (WxHxD); 63.3 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
|Full HD, or 1080p, contains 1.5 times more scanning lines than conventional HD TVs. More scanning lines mean more pixels, more details and a better picture. The new Samsung LCD TV with resolution that is approximately 2 times greater than conventional HDTVs, creating the most perfect picture imaginable. Samsung's 1080p panel uses a new high-speed liquid crystal to cut response time to 6ms (milliseconds). |
|The NTSC (National Television Systems Committee) has established the color standards all TVs in America try to meet. And typical LCD TVs only meet about 72 percent of this standard. Samsung LCD HDTVs use Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp backlights to give you 92 percent coverage of the NTSC standard, ensuring truer, more breathlessly vivid colors. |
Samsung's Wide Color Enhancer 2 technology delivers more brilliant colors by expanding the gamut of color expression into a third axis, creating a 3D diagram of luminance. This creates a dynamic display of on-screen color and allows traditionally weak colors, such as green and blue, to look vivid and deep. In addition, red colors are enhanced to provide strong colors across the spectrum and the perfect balance of RGB.
|70,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio will give you a picture better than you ever thought possible, with whiter whites, blacker blacks and a nearly infinite subtlety of gradations in between. As two of the most important determining factors in overall picture quality, contrast and brightness levels achieve new heights in this latest generation LCD panel. Samsung's new LCD TVs give the most stunning realistic picture quality ever.|
|In 2008, Samsung created its unique Touch of Color (ToC) design, which uses dual-injection molding to coat a translucent, colored surface to achieve an attractive crystalline appearance. The latest evolution of Samsung's ToC design begins with a deep piano black bezel that fades into distinct chrome that finishes as light ruby highlights. The intensity of the color subtly changes depending upon the viewing angle, and further accentuates the TV's slim bezel.|
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Top Customer Reviews
The only feature I was worried about not having was the 120 hz. I went to an electronics store and viewed both 60 and 120 hz side by side and could not tell the difference- the 60 hz is plenty fast for me.
Many people complained about the sound quality of last year's model. Unfortunately I have no pertinent information to add here as I am utilizing a surround sound system.
You will not regret purchasing this TV
I have been tweaking the settings on this set using the HFCR software and a Spyder2. I'm not an expert... I just like tweaking to get as good a picture as I can out of the set. The grayscale tracking on the tv is excellent (once adjusted), and it can be controlled very well through the standard user settings (the gain and offset settings in the advanced menu).
The out of the box settings on the set are almost blinding, and on the cool side. Turn the backlight down to 4, set the mode to "Movie" and turn off all of the picture enhancements. The results after tweaking in the user settings and service menu have been *excellent*.
Info is very sparse about the 550 series. You can find lots of technical info here : [...]
In case anyone is looking for panel information, my set has a code of SS02.
I recently purchased a Blu-ray player, and the picture on the B550 is amazing.
The only downside I can come up with is that the contrast will drop as you move too far off center. The colors remain accurate, but a "haze" develops as you pass 45 degrees. The stand does allow the set to be turned, which makes this a non-issue for me, but if you are mounting the set on a wall, it may be a bigger issue.
I was very nervous about getting a 5-series Samsung. Don't worry if the 6 or 7's are out of your price range... the 5 series seems to be very capable of providing a great picture.
The only negative comment I can make is the sound. I purchased a sound bar which was well worth the upgrade.
I recently upgraded to a Samsung LN52B550 1080i 60Hz HDTV from a 32 inch Samsung 720p HDTV. I liked the old Samsung set but it is kinda small by today's standards. The picture on this TV is awesome. At first the 52" screen looked too big for the room but now after viewing several movies, its perfect. (My distance from the set in the room where I use it varies from 10ft to 13ft away.) Definitely not too big - I see new details in movies that I never saw before and the big screen experience really makes watching your old favorite DVDs like they are brand new movies. (Do get a DVD player that upscales the DVDs to 1080i resolution - they are just to cheap not to get the clarity that gives you... better yet get a Blue-Ray since prices have come way down)
The TV arrives in a large carton. Putting the stand on it is easy. The TV is not so heavy but it is big and therefore cumbersome to move. It will take two people to lift it up the stairs and onto the table surface or whatever where you will set it down. I did not wall mount it but if you want to do so you could purchase a mount for probably $150 bucks. Hooking the TV up is a breeze if you use HDMI cables - probably buy two six footers - and probably buy them on the web for the best price because they are overpriced in most stores.
If you have a receiver, use HDMI cables to run the sound of this TV through it. The TV sound is nothing special but running it through your receiver it sounds great. There are other options like RCA cables, Composite video connections etc.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's been a few years now since I bought this television and didn't realize that I had never filled out a review. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
I have had this tv for over 5 years. I kind of want to upgrade to an LED but why? This HDTV works amazing I just can't replace itPublished on September 19, 2013 by Israel Perez
Have had this set for a couple of years now.
It has plenty of inputs including a VGA input and I use almost every one of them. Read more
I like the TV. It is good buy. It doesn't have advances features like direct access to Internet. I use HDMI cable for that. Overall nice quality.Published on October 16, 2011 by VK
Paid over $3000.00 when this TV came out. Goggle "pink dots Samsung" and you will get 100's of hits. Read morePublished on September 26, 2011 by RayGUN
Beware - this product is designed to last only as long as its 12 month warranty. My family and i were happy with our Samsung LN52A right after our purchase. Read morePublished on July 29, 2011 by john-anderson
I've had this TV for 18 months now, and have been very satisfied with both picture & sound. Works great with Direct TV & also from a small roof mounted 8 bay UHF antenna. Read morePublished on July 8, 2011 by Hobby & Reader Gal