- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung LN52B630 52-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Red Touch of Color
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 52-inch LCD HDTV with full HD 1080p resolution for the sharpest picture possible and red Touch of Color design
- Auto Motion Plus 120Hz for amazingly fluid motion, 80,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 4ms response time, Wide Color Enhancer 3 for more vivid colors
- InfoLink RSS feeds of news, weather and sports via Ethernet; ; side-mounted USB port for displaying JPEG/MPEG files and listening to MP3 audio
- Inputs: 4 HDMI-CEC, 2 component, 2 composite, 1 PC, 2 USB, 1 Ethernet, 1 optical digital audio output
- Includes removable stand; measures 49.7 x 34.5 x 12 inches with stand
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Samsung
- Model Number: LN52B630
- Display Technology: LCD
- Display Size: 52 inches
- Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
From the Manufacturer
With the Samsung 52-inch LN52B630 HDTV, you're investing in a high-quality LCD TV that offers top-of-the-line picture quality with 1080p high definition resolution. Enjoy the sharpest details and vivid color with an 80,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for more realistic images and Samsung's Wide Color Enhancer 3 technology for a more natural rendering of colors. It also incorporates a number of innovative features to reduce the motion blur and image judder, which traditionally plague LCD HDTVs when displaying fast movement. This B630 series HDTV combines an ultra-fast 4ms (millisecond) response time with Samsung's Auto Motion Plus frame interpolation technology, which utilizes a 120Hz refresh rate helps ensure crisp, easy viewing of sports, video games and movies.
The stylish Samsung LN52B630 1080p HDTV with innovative Touch of Color design.
- Screen Size: 52 inches
- Blazing fast 4ms response time minimizes blurring of fast motion in sports programs. (Learn more)
- HD-Grade 1920 (H) x 1080 (V) pixel resolution: High-resolution pixel density is combined with a built-in image scaler to handle inputs from a variety of digital and analog audio/video sources.
- Built-in digital tuner: No external box needed
- Auto Motion Plus 120Hz: Advanced processing that reduces blur and enhances image detail when viewing fast motion video sequences. (Learn more)
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) enables convenient, simultaneous viewing of TV programs and video or PC content sources.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Side-mounted USB 2.0 port: Connect USB devices directly to your HDTV to view JPEG photos or MPEG movies or easily listen to your MP3 player through your HDTV's audio system or your home theater system.
- Touch of Color (ToC): Samsung's unique manufacturing process accents the surrounding bezel with a stylish red tone. (Learn more)
- Wide Color Enhancer 3 optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in more natural rendering of colors. (Learn more)
- Audio: Two 10-watt stereo speakers (for 20 watts of total power)
- SRS TruSurround HD creates an immersive, feature-rich surround sound experience from two speakers, complete with rich bass, high frequency detail and clear dialog.
- InfoLink: Get free RSS feeds of news, weather and sports right to your HDTV with a built-in Ethernet port (Learn more)
- Variable sleep timer can be programmed to turn the TV off at different time intervals.
- Trilingual on-screen displays in English, Spanish or French.
- Energy Star Compliant: Reduces energy consumption by up to 25 percent compared with standard TVs.
- Swivel stand included.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor with in-home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support
A wide variety of multimedia devices can be connected to the set through any one of the four HDMI 1.3 inputs (including one on the side), and the handy Anynet+ feature (HDMI-CEC) lets you control all your CEC-enabled peripherals--such as a DVD or Blu-ray player--using just one remote. Connect HD digital devices like disc players, game consoles, and satellite dish components into the two rear connections and use the side-mounted input for cameras, camcorders, and laptops. HDMI is the best performing interface for displaying an HD source on an HDTV.
- HDMI (version 1.3): 4
- Component: 2 rear
- Composite A/V: 1 rear/1 side (shared with component)
- USB 2.0: 2
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1
- Ethernet: 1
- RS232C: 1
- Digital audio output: 1 optical
- TV without stand: 49.7 x 32.3 x 3.1 inches (WxHxD); 56.4 pounds
- TV with stand: 49.7 x 34.5 x 12 inches (WxHxD); 68.3 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
- 2010 LinkStick: Connect wirelessly to a world of digital content from Samsung. The LinkStick wireless LAN adaptor eliminates the hassle and cluttered look of wires. Learn more about the Samsung WIS09ABGN LinkStick Wireless LAN Adapter.
|Full HD, or 1080p, contains 1.5 times more scanning lines than conventional HD TVs. More scanning lines mean more pixels, more details and a better picture. The new Samsung LCD TV with resolution that is approximately 2 times greater than conventional HDTVs, creating the most perfect picture imaginable. Samsung's 1080p panel uses a new high-speed liquid crystal to cut response time to 6ms (milliseconds). |
|This technology doubles the frame rate from 60 to 120 frames per second (120Hz LCD panel) without repeating the same image to make more frames. Instead, the TV intelligently calculates the ‘middle' image between frame A and frame B and inserts it in between (Auto Motion Plus 120Hz processor), making a fluid transition from one frame to the next. |
|The NTSC (National Television Systems Committee) has established the color standards all TVs in America try to meet. And typical LCD TVs only meet about 72 percent of this standard. Samsung LCD HDTVs use Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp backlights to give you 92 percent coverage of the NTSC standard, ensuring truer, more breathlessly vivid colors. |
Samsung's Wide Color Enhancer 3 technology delivers more brilliant colors by expanding the gamut of color expression into a third axis, creating a 3D diagram of luminance. This creates a dynamic display of on-screen color and allows traditionally weak colors, such as green and blue, to look vivid and deep. In addition, red colors are enhanced to provide strong colors across the spectrum and the perfect balance of RGB.
|80,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio will give you a picture better than you ever thought possible, with whiter whites, blacker blacks and a nearly infinite subtlety of gradations in between. As two of the most important determining factors in overall picture quality, contrast and brightness levels achieve new heights in this latest generation LCD panel. Samsung's new LCD TVs give the most stunning realistic picture quality ever.|
|In 2008, Samsung created its unique Touch of Color (ToC) design, which uses dual-injection molding to coat a translucent, colored surface to achieve an attractive crystalline appearance. The latest evolution of Samsung's ToC design begins with a deep piano black bezel that fades into distinct chrome that finishes as light ruby highlights. The intensity of the color subtly changes depending upon the viewing angle, and further accentuates the TV's slim bezel.|
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Top Customer Reviews
I was in the plasma vs LCD debate for a while and decided that I needed/wanted the brightness of an LCD, didn't want to worry about any burn in issues (I know they are almost non-existent today anyway). I wanted 1080p and most plasma sets with 1080p are close to this price point as well. I debated for about a month between last years ln52a630 and the ln52a750, and which one to buy. The matte screen on the 630 was its highlight for me, but there was a sacrifice in the contrast ratio and other miscellaneous little "bells and whistles". The A750 being the more expensive model, the price point dropped so much, it was now pretty much an even swap. Hearing about the problems associated with the 750 including glare, halo and TOC flaking issues, I decided the 630 with its matte screen was the TV for me.
So, I price shopped the A630 for a few weeks until I stumbled across the new version of the set, the ln52b630. A little more money is WELL spent when upgrading to this TV. The contrast ratio is double 40,000:1 vs 80,000:1, and even dominates last years 50,000:1 A750's contrast ratio. Again, this TV also has the MATTE SCREEN! Almost no glare issues in my very bright viewing room, that has multiple windows and a sliding glass door.
The TV's picture quality is the best my friends and I have seen so far from an LCD. Deepest blacks and brightest brights are the comments I have been hearing when people see this TV in operation. The clarity in blu-ray 1080p with 120hz is breathtaking, you almost don't want to take your eyes off the screen.Read more ›
I have been researching and holding out for a new TV upgrade over the past 2 years. Samsung was one of the very few manufacturers that offered the matte non-glare screens, which is necessary in our sunlight-filled living room. But I was always waiting for the right price. So when I was about to get the LN52A630, I heard about the new B series being released in 2009. So I had to wait for it with 120Hz of refresh and an upgrade from a dynamic contrast ratio of 40,000:1 to 80,000:1. Plus the look and shape of the B series seemed so much nicer to me than the A series. So Amazon had offered a free Sony blu-ray player with the purchase of certain Samsung models (including the LN52B630), and that was my cue to finally place my order on 7/4/09.
When I placed our order I originally set the delivery date for 7/15/09. Once I got the CEVA tracking number from Amazon's shipping notification email, I started to track our TV. It turns out one of their warehouses is located in PA and very close to NJ. Our TV was right in our vicinity on 7/7/09. So I gave CEVA a call about delivering early and they were more than happy to deliver the TV on 7/10/09. The delivery went well, and the communication I had with CEVA was great. The guys brought the TV up three flights of stairs, set up the TV on the stand, gently placed the TV on our console, plugged it in and then turned it on...
Picture - We started to switch channels to see how it looked. The picture is truly amazing. The default settings really do make movies look like a soap opera, which is really weird and fascinating at the same time. It does take some time to find the right settings for your environment and input type.Read more ›
I also wanted to comment on the delivery. I have read reviews on other tvs that gave bad reviews to pilot service. When I first got the email saying it would be delivered by pilot, I expected the worst. There service was great, they set it up in the room I requested, attached the stand & checked for a blue screen & I verified no damage before I signed. They also took away the packaging.
Also, Kudos to Amazon. I ordered the TV on Wednesday & it was delivered Friday. I couldn't ask for more. I am happy with the tv & Amazon's service.
The only reason I didn't give this tv five stars is that we have had some issues with blur. My wife and I decided that the "soap opera" (strange affect of picture that eliminates the movie feel of watching tv) was not for us. We preferred watching at 60 hertz (automotion off)at all times except for sports (which 120 hertz is awesome!). My old Sony Bravia handled 60 hertz much better than this tv. When the camera would pan from side to side during a movie or show, the Sony only caused motion blur a few times over the two years we owned it. This Samsung shows motion blur VERY REGULARLY at 60 and 120 hertz. It can be very distracting. This is my only criticism, but it is a real problem. If you plan on watching in 120 hertz and prefer super real affect it gives, this tv will blow you away. It does produce an absolutely beautiful picture with bright vivid colors. The HD picture is stunning. I just wish it would do at least as well as my two year old Sony did on 60 hertz since this is how we almost always watch it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've had the set for almost three years and the quality of the picture is great; I, now, will only buy Samsung TVs.Published on October 2, 2013 by Donald J. Zero
Love this TV!!!!! Have had it for about 3.5 years now. HD is amazing and very happy with this picture. There is no noise in the picture.Published on May 18, 2013 by Gretchen Kolly
We got this TV several years ago and the color and picture is still working good. The size is perfect and we keep it on it's stand instead of mounting it on the wall. Read morePublished on March 18, 2013 by MKSW
Great tv. We really enjoy it. great color , great picture, great quality, i would buy another. love samsung productsPublished on February 10, 2013 by Charleswilley
I did a lot of research before buying this TV. I ordered this used from the Amazon Warehouse Deals just a few days after Amazon ran out of new ones. Read morePublished on September 15, 2012 by John W. Welker
This TV has terrific color and looks great even when it's turned off. The sound and picture clarity are amazing! Read morePublished on April 29, 2011 by Patricia L. Terho
We absolutely love this TV! It is wall mounted and the size is perfect for our room. But the thing we like the most is that the color is stunning beautiful. Read morePublished on December 19, 2010 by Momola
The tv works great. Picture quality is superb. I had the tv for over a year now. No problems so far. Money well spent.Published on September 25, 2010 by Rick
We bought this TV in December 2009 after looking endlessly at LCD Tv web reviews and Consumer Reports ratings. Read morePublished on August 1, 2010 by MG