Samsung's LN55B650 takes your HDTV enjoyment, and capabilities, to new heights. The power of Full HD 1080p resolution delivers clear, vivid images on a 55-inch LCD screen. The Medi@2.0 feature lets you access countless hours of online content from partners like Yahoo! and Flickr using customizable widgets, all controlled by your remote. Auto Motion Plus120Hz technology renders the smoothest, most lifelike HD action. DLNA technology means you can harness your entire home network through your HDTV. Connect your DVD, cable or satellite HD box, or Blu-ray Disc player easily, using any of four HDMI inputs. Experience truer, more natural dark tones and shadows with the 100,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio. And highlight nearly any room in the house with a unique red accent at the bezel's edge, courtesy of the Touch of Color design.
From the Manufacturer
(April 20, 2009)
With the Samsung 55-inch LN55B650 HDTV, you're investing in a high-quality LCD TV that offers top-of-the-line picture quality with 1080p high definition resolution. Enjoy the sharpest details and vivid color with a 100,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for more realistic images and Samsung's Wide Color Enhancer 3 technology for a more natural rendering of colors. It also incorporates a number of innovative features to reduce the motion blur and image judder, which traditionally plague LCD HDTVs when displaying fast movement. This B650 series HDTV combines an ultra-fast 4ms (millisecond) response time with Samsung's Auto Motion Plus frame interpolation technology, which utilizes a 120Hz refresh rate helps ensure crisp, easy viewing of sports, video games and movies.
The stylish Samsung LN55B650 1080p HDTV with innovative Touch of Color design.
The LN55B650 features Samsung's new Internet@TV online content service. Developed with Yahoo!, Internet@TV uses either a wired or wireless Ethernet connection to access content onscreen from Yahoo!, Flickr, YouTube and more with the push of a button. The widget-based interface and scrollbar run along the bottom of the screen for easy browsing of the latest programs and content. This B650 model also includes a 2 GB flash memory with pre-loaded entertainment features that can be updated by downloading content from Samsung's web site via the Ethernet connection
You get superb connectivity and networking with 2 USB ports--for playing MP3 audio and displaying JPEG/MPEG files--and four HDMI 1.3 ports, and it also bumps up the sound with 15-watt bottom stereo speaker and an integrated subwoofer. This HDTV is accented by Samsung's TOC (Touch of Color) bezel design, which offers a hint of red translucent color around the edges of the unit for a uniquely fashionable look. Plus, it's Energy Star compliant, which helps you be green while saving on your electric bill.
In addition to this 55-inch model, the Samsung B650 series also includes the 1080p 32-inch LN32B650, 37-inch LN37B650, 40-inch LN40B650, and 46-inch LN46B650 as well as the 720p 19-inch LN19B650 and 22-inch LN22B650. (Learn more about what size TV should you get.)
- Screen Size: 55 inches
- Full 1080p HD (Learn more)
- Blazing fast 4ms response time minimizes blurring of fast motion in sports programs. (Learn more)
- HD-Grade 1920 (H) x 1080 (V) pixel resolution: High-resolution pixel density is combined with a built-in image scaler to handle inputs from a variety of digital and analog audio/video sources.
- Built-in digital tuner: No external box needed
- Auto Motion Plus 120Hz: Advanced processing that reduces blur and enhances image detail when viewing fast motion video sequences. (Learn more)
- Ultra Clear Panel: Advanced LCD technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
- Picture-in-Picture (PIP) enables convenient, simultaneous viewing of TV programs and video or PC content sources.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Side-mounted USB 2.0 port: Connect USB devices directly to your HDTV to view JPEG photos or MPEG movies or easily listen to your MP3 player through your HDTV's audio system or your home theater system.
- Touch of Color (ToC): Samsung's unique manufacturing process accents the surrounding bezel with a stylish red tone. (Learn more)
- Wide Color Enhancer 3 optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in more natural rendering of colors. (Learn more)
- Audio: Two 15-watt stereo speakers (for 30 watts of total power) plus integrated subwoofer for rumbling bass.
- SRS TruSurround HD creates an immersive, feature-rich surround sound experience from two speakers, complete with rich bass, high frequency detail and clear dialog.
- DLNA-Compatible for better interopability with electronics, computers and mobile devices from many different manufacturers (Learn more)
- Content Library (2 GB Flash Memory): Built-in library contains photo art gallery, games, workout routines, recipes, and other interesting digital content. Additional items and updates are available from Samsung.com.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) allows the TV's remote control to operate at the push of one button, peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player featuring HDMI-CEC.
- Variable sleep timer can be programmed to turn the TV off at different time intervals.
- Trilingual on-screen displays in English, Spanish or French.
- Energy Star Compliant: Reduces energy consumption by up to 25 percent compared with standard TVs.
- Swivel stand included.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor with in-home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support
- Medi@2.0 lets you enjoy more with Internet TV, allowing you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, and more via on-screen TV widgets. (Learn more)
A wide variety of multimedia devices can be connected to the set through any one of the four HDMI 1.3 inputs (including one on the side), and the handy Anynet+ feature (HDMI-CEC) lets you control all your CEC-enabled peripherals--such as a DVD or Blu-ray player--using just one remote. Connect HD digital devices like disc players, game consoles, and satellite dish components into the two rear connections and use the side-mounted input for cameras, camcorders, and laptops. HDMI is the best performing interface for displaying an HD source on an HDTV.
- HDMI (version 1.3): 4
- Component: 2 rear
- Composite A/V: 1 rear/1 side (shared with component)
- USB 2.0: 2
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1
- Ethernet: 1
- RS232C: 1
- Digital audio output: 1 optical
- TV without stand: 51.6 x 33.1 x 3.1 inches (WxHxD); 64.8 pounds
- TV with stand: 51.6 x 35.2 x 12.1 inches (WxHxD); 76.5 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
Digital Living Network Alliance
|You already know something about digital living. There's the TV and digital video recorder in your family room. (And another set in your bedroom.) You have a PC and digital printer in your office, along with a network attached storage device. And you've copied all your music onto your portable music player and haven't had to open a CD case for years. But getting them to talk to each other can be pretty tough. Why is it still so difficult to send digital content from one device to another? |
Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a collaboration of the world's leading consumer electronics, PC and mobile companies that has created design guidelines for a new generation of products that can work together — no matter the brand.
Think for a moment about all of the photos "locked away" on your home PC that you wish you could access while entertaining your friends and family. Now, thanks to DLNA enabled devices, a DLNA-enabled PC can be accessed from the comfort of your living room or family room via a DLNA-enabled HDTV, where you can enjoy your memories with friends and family, without having to deal with the hassle and non-intuitive "PCexperience".
Or, say you recently downloaded your daughter's birthday party video from your digital camcorder to your PC. Now you want to share it with your parents who are visiting. Without DLNA, you probably have to burn a DVD of the video or hook up the camcorder to the TV. With DLNA, you can just use your TV's remote to call up the video on your TV. That's it.
Widgets allow you to track local weather with Yahoo, access eBay, display Flickr pictures and see Twitter updates - all on your screen. With a split-screen display, you can do it all without missing a second of your favorite shows. And now, you can also get movies on demand via blockbuster and Amazon Instant Video.
|Medi@2.0 lets you enjoy more with Internet TV, allowing you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, and more on screen. It also includes a content library so you can enjoy pre-loaded content, such as cooking recipes and fitness exercises. Plus, DLNA CERTIFIED connectivity lets you remotely access your PC's personal media so that you can download music, video, and photos and enjoy them anywhere in the home your TV is. Finally USB 2.0 multi-media center lets you connect a thumb drive or a digital camera quickly and easily. |
| Current Widgets |
Get real-time updates, place bids, monitor your favorite items, view photos and compare prices with the press of your remote. You won’t miss a buying or selling opportunity with the eBay TV widget.
| || |
Track fantasy league scores, standings, and player stats in real time while you watch the games on TV.
| || |
Keep in touch with people and share real-time updates and frequent answers while you watch TV.
| || |
Share photos with family & friends and browse the latest photos posted by the Flickr community.
| || |
Share your favorite YouTube videos without having to gather around a computer screen.
| || |
Choose a location and get a snapshot of current weather conditions, the 5-day forecast and more.
| || |
Get breaking news, headlines, and top stories from leading news sources, designed for the big screen.
| || |
USA Today Sports
Get the latest sports scores, stories, and snapshots, as the news happens from USA TODAY.
| ||With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5
See all Product Description