| Samsung's DNIe |
Samsung's DNIe (click for demo) technology offers digital perfection in naturally presented, crystal-clear images that uncover even the most minute detail.
Motion Optimizer: The visual data are automatically broken down into signal and noise and adjusted through a combined spatial/temporal process to eliminate noise and blurring without the slightest damage to the original signal. This guarantees the viewer a picture of astounding sharpness, whether the scene is still or moving.
Contrast Enhancer: DNIe has done away with the unwanted side-effects that conventional contrast enhancement can produce, such as noise boost-up and flicker by developing an algorithm that recognizes over 1 million criteria for applying contrast. Its detail contrast enhancement technology can automatically analyze up to 70,000 local images within a frame, treating the viewer to a picture rich in contrast even in the tiniest details.
Color optimizer: For each scene the color optimizer calculates the saturation of red, green, and blue in the input signal and adjusts it to the shades that the human eye accepts as natural. Even a conventional process like white tone enhancement produces more striking results when when used with DNIe. The end result is a palette of vivid hues and pure white tones to satisfy the most discerning viewers eye.
Detail enhancer: Many viewers complain of the unnatural effect that conventional uniform detail enhancement produces by relying on artificial amplification of the input signal. In contrast, DNIe automatically analyzes the portion to be amplified, detecting and re-processing any noise or defect to bring the viewer a startlingly sharp and lifelike image.
Get a great view from anywhere in the room with this TVs great verticle and horizontal 170-degree viewing angle.
The Samsung Digital Natural Image engine (DNIe) Video Enhancer refines all analog NTSC and wideband video inputs for an overall improvement in picture quality. DNIe improves contrast, white level, picture detail and incorporates digital noise reduction to improve lower quality video inputs. The 3D Y/C digital comb filter constantly analyzes the three dimensions of picture height, picture width, and picture changes-over-time to dramatically reduce edge image artifacts while improving transition detail. Other convenience features include:
- Picture-in-picture (PIP) enables convenient simultaneous viewing of TV programs and video or PC sources.
- Built-in image scaler to handle inputs from a variety of digital and analog audio/video sources.
- Parental Control (V-Chip) helps parents monitor what their children watch on TV by establishing rating limits.
- Auto volume leveler keeps audio volume consistent during channel changing.
- Multi-lingual on-screen displays in English, Spanish or French.
High-quality virtual surround sound can be experienced with just the speakers built into the TV. SRS TruSurround XT technology delivers an amazing, simulated 3D effect with clear dialog and powerful bass. This set utilizes Samsung's Dual Acoustic Chamber System technology, which isolates each woofer and tweeter in its own chamber. DACS is a revolutionary, computer-simulated technology that enhances lowrange sound performance, sharpens mid-to-high-range sound quality, and improves overall sound clarity. It produces 5 watts of power per channel (for 10 watts total). It offers the following connection options:
- Composite (RCA audio/video): 2 inputs (1 on the side)
- S-Video: 2 inputs (1 on the side)
- Component (Y/Pb/Pr): 1 input
- HDMI: 2 inputs
- PC: 1 D-Sub15 input
- RF: 2 inputs
- Sound monitor output: 1
- Digital optical audio ouput: 1
- Headphone: 1
- RS232 port: 1
HDMI is a lossless, uncompressed, all-digital audio/video interface to link any audio/video source (such as a set-top box, DVD player, or AV receiver) with your TV--all over a single cable. HDMI supports standard, enhanced or high definition video, plus multi-channel digital audio on a single cable. It supports all ATSC formats--standard (SDTV), enhanced (EDTV), and high (HDTV).
TruSurround XT audio adds three new audio enhancement technologies to produce an amazingly immersive sound experience.
- Dialog Clarity brings movie dialog into Focus during the playback of any surround-encoded material to make speech much clearer and crisper.
- TruBass creates incredible deep rich bass allowing a person to perceive significantly deeper, richer low bass tones that are far beyond the physical low frequency capabilities of the speaker itself.
- The SRS WOW feature widens the soundstage by processing standard two-channel stereo material as well as multi-channel encoded material for a dramatic improvement in the playback of any stereo audio over a two-speaker system.
What's in the Box
26-inch LCD TV (black), tabletop stand, remote control (with batteries), AV cable, RS232 cable, AC power adapter, printed operating instructions
1 year parts and labor (90 days parts and labor for commercial use)