4.0 out of 5 stars Don't see any problems if you want a plain flip phone.
I have had a new M370 for five days now, after my previous aging flipphone (katana) died. First, it's a plain flip phone, no music, etc, so it has to be judged by those standards.

Published on March 28, 2012 by Bruce_in_LA

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking...but
The large screen is very nice.

But:
Published on February 24, 2012 by NateMonroe

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't see any problems if you want a plain flip phone., March 28, 2012
Bruce_in_LA "reader_in_LA" (los angeles, ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung M370 Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)

The screen is very bright and sharp. The sound is good. It has better reception than my Katana had (no complaints). It paired quickly and easily with a bluetooth earpiece. Speakerphone seems fine. I haven't drained the battery: at least several one hour calls don't seem to hardly dent the battery bar. (Rating is for 5 hrs). I gather (but haven't bought and confirmed) that it uses a kind of standard samsung battery, which you can spend anywhere from $5 to $40 for, depending where you shop. [$40 on M370 page at samsung website and called a "AB553446BABSTD".) It has plenty of built in ring tones for my purposes (about 10) - I use one tone for wife & for home, and another tone for anybody else. I couldn't remember more tone variety than that. When you push the "menu" button it gives you 9 squares on the screen which are the 9 accessible functions (e.g. TOOLS).

For the category of plain jane flip phone, I would therefore give it a 5 star except for the several minor gripes mentioned below.

Minor gripes.
* The touchkeys for texting seem touchy, that is, easy to get wrong letters. (To get "n" on the MNO key you have to push twice, neither too slow NOR too fast! Odd.) But personally I only text two to four words using a flipphone so not a deal killer.
* If you start on bluetooth earpiece the "speakerphone" option becomes a submenu (from Options, 1 to: Options, 1, Options, 2).
* It's several menus down to just see the calendar: I'd rather see it all the time on the home screen, or at least via a hotkey. Also too many menus down to set a quick alarm reminder for myself. (How to see calendar: MENU, SETTINGS TOOLS, TOOLS, CALENDAR, SCHEDULE. Yeesh. Or: Menu, 8, 2,2,2.)
* Depending if it is an advantage or disadvantage for you: It uses a 3.5 mm headset (Blackberry, iPhone) not the traditionally 2.5 mm one for cell phones. If you keep a spare backup headset in the car, be sure it's 3.5mm.

Remarks regarding the prior review of another customer:
Other reviewer said "won't text to an email address" but mine does so just fine. Other reviewer said "limited contacts" - it's 600 contacts - well, enough for me. Re: Lack of many built in screen pictures, I don't personally need more than one (blue sky). Amazon incorrectly says the box has "quick start guide + user manual" but it's only quick start guide - you can find a 120p user manual pdf on line.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking...but, February 24, 2012
This review is from: Samsung M370 Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
The large screen is very nice.

But:
1] the included tones are limited and very similar. Plus, if you don't review your messages with in a minute after receiving them and hearing the tone, the phone will emit a loud, shrill beep. There is no way to turn off the shrill beep. Why it's there, I don't know, but it is very annoying. Especially if you are talking on the phone and a text comes in. If you don't acknowledge the text the shrill beep emits. It hurts your ear. The beep can be annoying especially if you forget to answer a text or are too busy. It can be embarrassing.

2] There is a camera built in, which is nice, but unless you have web access on the phone, there is no way to attach the pictures to a message.

3] This phone will NOT send a text to an email address easily. It can be done, but it's a struggle to get it to accept an email address.

4] your screen choices are limited to three. A field, a orange color abstract, or a green abstract.

5] This phone can be used without internet, but it's really limited to the programmed things.

6] The vibe mode is not strong. I usually can't feel it in my jeans pocket. But that's ok...I'll get the shrill beep if I don't reply to the text!

UPDATE: It's been several months since I obtained mine. I hate it. My review is based on what I needed this phone to do for me and my needs. You might like it. But for me, I'll be buying a different phone in about a year.

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent basic phone, WIRELESS BACKUP not supported, May 30, 2012
This review is from: Samsung M370 Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
This phone is reasonable for a very basic phone. With limited features. Camera is worthless. A few stupid ringers. A bit too bulky. The keys have a decent size, although ugly font which is not easy on the eyes. Display is quite nice too. And that's about it.

Just one thing important to mention -- which bothers me very much, and I discovered unexpectedly AFTER buying -- that it does not support WIRELESS BACKUP feature from Sprint. Not only can you never backup your contacts wireless like most other basic Sprint phones, but if you had an older phone and always did a wireless backup of your contacts, this phone will not be able to retrieve it!! (You can, however, go to a Sprint store to transfer your contacts from your older phone, like in the last century). Unbelievable for a 2012 phone.

ARRAY(0xa4048024)