5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap way to get an enormous, very high resolution monitor
I bought this monitor because I want a way to view 4K video at full resolution. The 4K televisions and computer monitors are around $75,000 currently. Cheaper $10,000 to $7,000 monitors are promised in early 2013. (We'll see if they are released on time.)

Published on November 21, 2012 by Margaret P.

2.0 out of 5 stars Features missing
Published on April 3, 2012 by MnBadger

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap way to get an enormous, very high resolution monitor, November 21, 2012
This review is from: Samsung MD230X6 23-Inch 6 Screen Multi Display (Office Product)

This system offers a low priced alternative. No, the height doesn't adjust. The monitor size (all 6 included) is enormous, and the picture quality is excellent. There is a wired remote control that turns them all on, all off, and allows individual sub-monitor control. The left and right banks of 2 monitors can swivel for a flat presentation or U-shaped, as the picture shows. The lines between monitors are much smaller than any other multi-monitor set-up I've seen.

The only word of warning I have for you is that you really cannot daisy chain all 6 monitors together like the instructions suggest. There will only be enough power for 3 or 4 monitors. Instead, you can daisychain two or perhaps 3 monitors at a time. Once you do that, they will all work correctly.

You'll also need a computer graphics card (or cards) that handles 6 monitors.

2.0 out of 5 stars Features missing, April 3, 2012
First I will start with the positive. I've built many display systems myself over the past 10 years and nothing comes close to fitting together like this system. In passed system it was expected that not all monitors would line up and that there would be small gaps. With the innovative clamping mechanisms this system eliminates of of that and makes setting up easy. The setup does go much easier with two people and an electronic screw driver but can be down by yourself.

The picture is stunning, clear and crisp 1080P. One of the best features is the controller that brings all of the monitors controls and puts them into one small box, this helps tremendously and allows me to switch inputs and other settings without getting up. It is also great because you can switch the settings on one or all the monitors which saves a lot of time.

Now for the stuff they don't advertise but should have. First off right away, the stand is not adjustable! You will have it in one fixed position the entire time but for me it is a comfortable height. Second and probably most frustrating, these monitors do not support HDCP so playing bluray or other copy-right protected materials is near impossible. Third, their warranty procedure is ridiculous. One of my monitors has an issue syncing so I called them and they said they need to repair it. Their procedure is to have me ship it into them for 2-3 weeks to repair or replace it. With this system you cannot just take one monitor off, the whole system has to come apart. When I do send this single monitor in, I will be without the entire system for that length of time.

While this system is beautiful and kicks ass for video games and web-design, for the price it is lacking too many key features.

Samsung MD230X6  23-Inch 6 Screen Multi Display