Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung ML-2165W Wireless Monochrome Printer
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Format: Office Product|Change
Price:$115.00+ Free shipping

on June 28, 2013
I also got for $49.99, so the price was right. For me setup for wireless was easy, provided you connected it to your computer with USB to get the wireless setup. Once it is installed on your computer, and the same computer is connected to your Internet router, start the wireless setup program that installed with the Samsung driver disk. One of the first thing you will see is a list of routers, pick yours and the printer will be given an IP address by the router. The rest is cake. On my notebook computers, I downloaded the Samsung universal driver and it found the printer on the wireless router and it worked fine. With iPad or Android phone, you need to download a free app called Samsung Mobile Print. This worked, but is a little clunky to use. Basically with this app you need to send what you want to print to this app to get it to print wireless.
on March 8, 2013
Would have been 5 stars except that every now and then, especially when printing a document with more than 4 pages, it loses the wifi connection and stops printing in the middle of the document. Turn it off and back on and it works again. Works every time for just one or two pages though.
on June 19, 2014
I love this printer with one small exception. I love small space works out great for me. Fits on a bookshelf. I just needed a basic black and white laser printer and this works out well being wireless, the whole house can print now. However, the wireless does off line frequently. To bring it back on line, you have plug it in to the computer and run the wireless utility. Which I do and then back up but can be annoying to have to do it so often.
on February 17, 2014
We don't use the wireless function on this item, so I can't attest to whether it is buggy or not. I can tell you that my cartridges last around 6 months or thereabouts. Typically I print 5 - 8 pages a day on it. The quality is good. I find that the feed will sometimes get stuck. When this happens, I reach in where the paper feeds up and flip the bar that holds the "feed wheels." That typically fixes the problem. It's mildly annoying but doesn't happen often. We only load the tray with around 30 pieces of paper. I think more would cause the problem to happen more often.
on March 28, 2015
This printer started out great: relatively easy to set up, easy to print wirelessly. But then it started disconnecting from the the Wi-Fi, and I would have to do a complete reinstall to get it to work again. After a awhile I gave up on wireless, amd just plugged in via USB when I wanted to print. Now that has failed as well. The computer sees the printer, but it is "Sleeping" and nothing can wake it up. Numerous chat and remote share sessions with Samsung have been unsuccessful.

While others may have not had my problems, there are enough good, cheap printers out there that you shouldn't take the risk with this one.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 6, 2013
Having a hard time connecting to Samsung tablet. Prints only black and white. The cartridges are expensive! I bought it especially for Samsung tablet, because it will only print from a Samsung printer. Makes no sense to me if its all over wi-fi. Pretty much done with Samsung products.
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Rona M. Miller,

Thank you for purchasing the Samsung ML-2165W. I am sorry to hear that you are having problems connecting your Samsung tablet to the printer.

Please call 1-800-SAMSUNG to speak with a representative who will be able to walk you through a possible solution.

~ Samsung Printer_Monitor_PC
on March 11, 2013
I bought this printer because my Samsung tablet 10.1 demanded to print only to a Samsung printer. Since this model was the lowest priced one I ordered it to use with the tablet as well as with my other two Dell computers. My tablet can only print to the HP C7180 when I want to print a color picture from the tablet.
Installation with the enclosed disk was easy. I first installed it on my laptop, printed a test page and then I installed it on the desk top computer using the same procedure as outlined in the documentation.
The tablet found it immediately without further installation issues. The printer gives a whining noise while printing but since it is only used for back-up printing tasks that is a non-issue.
I just hope it will not die on me as with some other reviewers.
The print quality is crisp and clear and the price is very competitive.
on August 5, 2012
Format: Office Product|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Overall, this is a pretty decent printer. In a surprisingly compact package, it promises wireless printing, decent print quality (even with 8 point fonts), and a fairly quick print speed - all at an excellent price point.

Unfortunately, setting up this printer was more eventful than I'd have liked. I was unable to set up wireless printing - due to a faulty network card in the printer. Samsung support was excellent, and in about 10 days, I had a working printer.

With the fixed printer, setup was straightforward. I connected a USB cable between the printer and my computer, and ran the install software, electing to setup this printer on my wireless network. The software detected my network, prompted me for my wireless passphrase, and the printer was configured on my computer. Finally!

Since then I've been favorably impressed with this tiny printer that could. This is definitely a plucky little performer.

I deducted a star for the quality issue that I experienced.

Happy printing!
VINE VOICEon April 6, 2013
Format: Office Product|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have read reviews that are love thru hate it. I don't have anything negative to say. This printer is currently "Under Review" by Amazon. I truly wish that this is cleared up because I like this wireless laser or monochrome printer. It is easily wirelessly connected to my home network. I have not experienced any errors or problems commonly associated with wireless printers. It is economical to operate and fast for my use. At this time it is available through other sellers on Amazon. Replacement cartridges, Samsung MLT-D101S/XAA Toner 1.5K Yield (ML-2165W, SCX-3405FW, SF-760P) for about $50 on Amazon. I haven't had to replace the original cartridge yet and this is the benefit for having any home laser printer.
on March 11, 2014
I read all the reviews, good and bad before I bought this printer. Unlike some of the reviewers, I found that this printer set up easily, performed perfectly and had none of the hassles I read about. I'm not a techie at all and this set up in a few minutes. I'd recommend it to anyone.