1,310 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Way better performance then a Class 2!
Published on October 20, 2011 by J. Haggard

1.0 out of 5 stars I Got Hosed
Published on November 5, 2011 by D. Kramer

1.0 out of 5 stars I Got Hosed, November 5, 2011
D. Kramer (Melbourne, FL) - See all my reviews
My card only writes at 6 MB/s and reads at about 18 MB/s. Apparently it's hit or miss according to the reviews. Well, mine missed and I paid way too much for a Class 6 card. Returning it was easy enough, but I'm still irritated. Your mileage may vary. In my opinion this is either a 1 star or 5 star product. It works as advertised or it doesn't. 1 star for this wanna be class 10 card.

Update: To avoid confusion... Amazon sometimes combines reviews for many different brands into one group. That is currently the case here for these micro sdhc cards. You'll see reviews for Samsung, Lexar and the Komputerbay brand cards all mixed up in these reviews. To clarify, My review is for the Komputerbay brand class 10 card. In fact, I replaced it with the Lexar class 10 W/USB version, (obtained elsewhere) and everything is great. The Lexar writes at 12 MB/s and reads at 22 MB/s

1.0 out of 5 stars Swindlers, January 4, 2012
I purchased this Komputerbay 32gb class 10 MicroSDHC against my better judgement which was telling me to go with a known/proven brand.

The product showed up on time, however when I opened the package I was instantly apprehensive. The first thing I noticed was the USB adapter looking like it had been used heavily before, and this was supposed to be a new product, right? So Looking at the MicroSDHC card and SD to MicroSDHC adapter, I was relieved to see that they looked brand new. Still skeptical, I ran some speed tests on the card to confirm that it was Class 10. After multiple tests, the fastest write speed was 7.5MB/sec but averaged 6.6MB/sec with read speeds were around 15MB/sec average. Needless to say, I was disappointed. I would like to note that it was actually 32gb capacitty...

I gave them a chance to redeem themselves and requested a replacement card. I contacted them with my complaint, and they responded with some instructions to send it back for testing/replacement. After paying $15 out of pocket for "trackable shipping" (a requirement of their process), I had the great pleasure of waiting a couple of weeks for them to email me that the replacement would be sent back to me within 3 business days. Excuse my sarcasm..

I opened the package to find the same used- looking USB adapter that was sent to me in the first place! By this point I had zero faith that this card would write/read at Class 10 speeds, so I tested again to confirm. After multiple tests on the replacement I found that the card they sent back wouldn't write faster than 6.1MB/sec which is worse than the first card they sent me! REALLY?? You have got to be kidding me! They sent me used parts twice, then 2 cards that perform far below what I purchased in the first place??? What a complete JOKE!! I am amazed that the company is still in business.

All in all, their product isn't what they say it is, and their customer service is crap. The card is currently on the way back for a refund, and I will never buy from them again.

DO NOT BUY FROM KOMPUTERBAY, unless of course, you enjoy getting ripped off.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not class 10, altered card, November 18, 2011
This is a fraud, plain and simple.

1) After looking at the card with a magnifying glass, I was shocked to see: On the front of the card, the entire face was sanded off and silk-screened over. On the back of the card, it looks like someone took a Dremel tool and very carefully grinded off all the specs and serial numbers.

2) Real-world results copying to/from this card to/from Linux 2.6.33 SATA RAID array using the included card reader: 4536 files, 21GB, 4800 sec = 4.48MB/s unfragmented write speed; 1433 sec = 15MB/s read speed. Clearly a class 4 card. Not 6, not 10.

3) Package came with zero documentation. No instructions. No warranty info. No company info. If you think you are getting a "Lifetime Warranty", think again.

I have no idea how they gathered such high ratings. I suspect most people just rate it high because the card works and have no idea that it is nowhere near class 10 and didn't notice the alteration. Or perhaps the vendor just started a bait and switch. The card *does* work for me, so far, it is just slow.

1.0 out of 5 stars NEVER buy from KOMPUTERBAY, February 7, 2012
The 32GB class 10 micro SD cards was a piece of junk, requested my money back. It wasn't a class 10 card as they had advertized. I ran two test on the card, first test was in the item I planned on using it in, a Contour GPS. The video was slow and choppy, I thought it was the Contour at first. So I used a friends name brand class 10 card in my cam and it worked fine. Then I ran a Read/write program on the card. The card tested out at 4.8write 5.3read, just to make sure I ran the friends card and it was a class 10 (9.9w 10.2r).

after the testing the SD cards I noticed that the writing on the card itself was not original markings. When you look at the card at an angle you can see that the original label was blacked out and a new label put on. you can only make out that it was an originally a 32GB card, but the class number is covered over.

Clearly Komputerbay is buying counterfeit SD cards and trying to pass them off as legit products. I will have to assume that after I post this review there will be a few "customers" that disagree with my review. Then claim that they have never had any sort of problems with products from Komputerbay. Don't waste your money or time with these guys, spent the few extra minutes and find a company with a good record and reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars Way better performance then a Class 2!, October 20, 2011
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I was using a 16gb class 2 micro sd card.... I had NO idea SD cards had classes so when I was looking to upgrade and read that there were different classes I was unsure. I had a class 2, do I go to a class 4 or 6 or jump to a 10? Well a Class 10 was only around $20 more then the lesser classes so I jumped and got the Class 10. This card has write speeds of around 8-12mb based upon initial testins and read speeds of up to 30mb.

I can tell a noticeable difference in the response of the galaxy s2 when I browse my music library. On the 16 gb class2 I couldn't have my entire 20gb library on it, so I had to choose the 14gb of music I wanted at one time and even then the music app would lag when scrolling through the music library. With this 32gb class 10 my entire library fits with around 9gig left PLUS I can flip right though my entire music library.

I am very glad I went with this class 10, huge improvement. I recommend it and love it comes with both the SD adapter and usb adapter, exceptional value.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!, December 3, 2011
If you are thinking about buying from Komputerbay for a well priced class 10 card, DO NOT! The card I received is barely a class 4 with the fastest write speed clocked at 4.1MB (generally closer to 3MB/s). I product page states class 10 and so does the SD card itself (class 10 logo), but this is simply not a class 10 card. After several tests the results above were the best I received.

If you are thinking about purchasing this item because of the size alone (regardless of class), then do not select a class 10, becuase the prices for a class 10 are much higher than class 6's, 4's or 2's.

The size of this card is correct at 32GB, but the class is false. I have sent Komputerbay a message and I will update this review with the result.

1.0 out of 5 stars Go for a known brand, October 14, 2011
E. Reed (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
So I bought this card expecting to double the capacity for my Droid X... Not so much. It does work, sorta, somtimes. At first it was faster, then after a bit of use the card started to lose files, not all of them, just some. Seemingly at random. Sometimes they come back, but not usually. I have even had a couple times where the card would not mount, both in my desktop via the sd reader and in my Droid X. I would recommend a different brand, saving a couple bucks is not worth the frustration.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not quite, May 1, 2011
J. Moore "Snarf" (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Not quite what i had hoped...this card benched slower in my Droid X than my 3 yr old 16GB class 2. My class 2 benched @8MBps this "class 10" card benched @ 7MBps I had high hopes for high speed but they were quickly dashed. I'm not sure why. Another reviewer reported a known issue this their phone. I'll need to find a higher quality card that will bench like a class 10 should in my Droid X. Hopefully when X2 hits the streets these issues will be resolved :s

1.0 out of 5 stars CLASS 6 NOT CLASS 10!, December 2, 2011
Speed test says WRITE = 6.2 MB/s, READ = 20.4 MB/s
This is a mislabeled (and thus exorbitantly overpriced) CLASS 6 card.

1.0 out of 5 stars Be aware, March 5, 2012
I ordered this item because the price was so good. Well like others I found that what I ordered and what I received are 2 different things. Before doing anything with this item I ran a speed test to be sure that what I received was actually a class 10 card. It failed the test big time. Seeing the many problems that others have had, I will be sure to avoid Komputerbay in the future. I will be sending this one back to for a refund.