- Size (LWH): 4.6 inches, 2.1 inches, 0.5 inches
- Weight: 2.88 ounces
- Network Compatibility: CDMA
- Network Compatibility: AMPS
Samsung Moment, Black (Sprint)
$449.99 without a service plan
$449.99 without a service plan
$449.99 without a service plan
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
|Special Shipping Information: Due to federal and international regulations, this product can only be shipped within the continental United States.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
With the Android Platform, you'll connect seamlessly to your personal and work life through its rich Internet browsing, huge selection of mobile apps, plus powerful productivity tools--all with the speed of the Now Network. The integrated Google technology brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by Voice, YouTube, and Picasa. The Moment also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And this phone offers integrated GPS for navigation using Google Maps and other location services.
The Samsung Moment with 3.2-inch touchscreen.
The screen automatically rotates when the slide-out QWERTY keyboard is opened.
You'll enjoy access to Sprint TV's video-on-demand with full-motion video and vivid sound, and Visual Voice-mail provides quick and easy access to specific voice mail messages. Other features include easy access to social networking sites, including Facebook, Flickr, and Twitter, a 3.2-megapixel camera with flash and auto-focus, video capture capabilities, Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g), Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion (with included 2 GB card), access to popular instant messaging services, and up to 5.5 hours of talk time.
- Google Maps: Get turn-by-turn directions and instantly view maps and satellite imagery, as well as find local business. And Google Maps Street View enables you to explore cities at street-level virtually while on the go.
- Gmail: Multiple accounts support and undo for common operations.
- YouTube: One-touch recording and playback from home screen widget or app, one-touch sharing with friends, and the ability to view your own uploaded videos and high-resolution videos.
- Google Talk: Easily switch between chats, search your chat history, and preview pictures and videos sent by links.
- Android Market: Browse and download applications created by third-party developers.
- Calendar: Ability to see who has R.S.V.P.'d to your meeting invitations.
- Amazon MP3 Store: Download stereo-quality non-DRM protected tracks instantly to your wireless phone.
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to Sprint's EV–DO, Rev A network
- Powered by the Android 1.5 operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market.
- 3.2-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen: The AMOLED (active matrix organic light-emitting diode) screen reproduces sharper and brighter colors with better battery consumption. The screen also features an accelerometer that automatically changes the orientation from portrait to landscape.
- Slide-out QWERTY keyboard
- Optical joystick: Enjoy easy menu and display navigation with a highly responsive optical joystick that virtually zips from item to item so you can get to what you want quickly. Simply place your finger on the joystick and move the cursor around the screen, similar to how you use a mouse.
- 3.2-megapixel camera for still photos with auto-focus and built-in flash
- Record video clips at up to 100 MB at high resolution (approximately 10 minutes) for saving or up to 2 MB at low resolution (approximately 6 minutes).
- Visual Voice-mail allows you to quickly and easily decide which voice-mails you choose to listen to. You can also send out your own visual voice-mail messages to select recipients.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (2 GB card included).
- Text and picture/video messaging
- Instant messaging: Chat from just about anywhere using Windows Live Messenger, Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger.
- Personal and corporate e-mail: Access your email from well-known providers like AOL, Windows Live including MSN and Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo!, and more. You also get Outlook email with Microsoft Direct Push Technology and HTML support.
- Voice activated dialing
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
- Personal organizer tools include: Calendar, alarm clock, world clock, notepad, stopwatch and calculator
- Weather Channel: Get detailed weather information updated every few minutes on national and local weather forecasts, weather radars, traffic reports and more.
- TTY Compatible: This phone connects to a TTY device, allowing anyone who is visually- or hearing-impaired the ability to communicate.
- Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC): This handset has been certified as Hearing Aid Compatible in accordance with applicable industry standards. This handset has a HAC rating of M4 for hearing aids operating in the acoustic mode.
The Samsung Moment weighs 5.67 ounces and measures 4.5 x 2.34 x 0.63 inches. Its 1400 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5.5 hours of talk time. It runs on the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
Samsung Moment handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD memory card, wired 3.5mm stereo headset, quick start guide, documentation
- Broadband-like 3G network: Supporting the EV-DO Rev. A high-speed data standard, this phone enables you to download and stream high-quality video straight onto your phone. Where coverage is available, EV-DO Rev. A connectivity provides average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps, with peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
- Sprint TV enabled: With Sprint TV, you can make your cell phone your always-on source for news, weather, sports, and more. This comprehensive video service combines high-quality streaming audio and video from channels including ABC, The Weather Channel, Fox Sports, E!, CNN, The Discovery Channel, and more.
- Stay Sporty with Sprint: With NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile, instantly connect to the NASCAR information you want, when you want it. Follow NASCAR action from practice to race day with the real-time leaderboard and alerts. Get exclusive access to your favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver with real-time driver stats, breaking news, and more. Live in-car audio, race radio, NASCAR on SPEED and other audio/video only available on select phones. Visit sprint.com/speed for details.
To access, just text "NASCAR" to 7777 on your Sprint phone or visit the Sprint Digital Lounge to download NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile (standard text messaging and data rates apply).
This phone also provides access to Sprint Football Live--free for any phone with a data plan. You'll be able to follow all the live play-by-play action with the Live Game Center for both pro and college football games, as well as stay on top of the pro football draft with a Live Draft Tracker and in-depth analysis and bios on nearly 500 top prospects. Access by texting "FOOTBALL" to 7777 on the handset to download Sprint Football Live from Sprint Digital Lounge (standard text messaging and data rates apply).
Top Customer Reviews
Touch screen: brilliant AMOLED screen displays brilliant colors, doesn't need much battery life, and just produces eye popping visuals. Many reviews are constantly talking up how amazing the screen is on the new Moto Droid on VZW, but this screen is as good with color and touch response as the Droid's and iPhone's, if not better. The touch sensitive home, back, and menu keys could be more sensitive, but with the nature of Android, that could be addressed.
QWERTY: one of the best out there. Reviewers on line complain about its "odd button locations," but listen to them carefully, and then listen to their other reviews on other fully QWERTY keyboard having cell phones... they'll say the exact same thing about them. That's because they got it in the mail that day from the carrier for a quick review, they've got a day or two to spend with it, and then they have to ship it back so it can go to another reviewer. And most video reviews are like 10 minutes long tops, so NO REVIEWER would really ever get to spend time using the keyboard long enough to get a feel for any full QWERTY, let alone the Moment's.Read more ›
So I bought this phone via sprint when it came out, should've waited for amazon, would've saved me about 75 dollars. ANYHOO! I love this phone!
-All the apps, music capabilities, etc that the iphone has
-Decent sound quality (I hear everyone crystal clear)
-Touchscreen everything but you can use the optical mouse and slide out keyboard (which I love)
-Extremely intuitive. I only had to refer to the manual once so far (had it about a week now) and that was to take the battery cover off (which I never ended up getting to in the book because I slid it off).
-Decent battery life
-regular headphones work with it
- it's supposed to be 5.5 hours of talk time, but if you talk on it for 2 hours straight while playing games online (on the phone), it tends to be a bit shorter! So battery life took a star. Also regular usage gets it only 9 or 10 hours before you want to charge to be on the safe side.
- If you put a pattern lock (have to draw a specific design/connect dots) on the phone to prevent it from doing things by accident via touch screen, it has a one-touch EMERGENCY DIAL button always present when you unlock the phone to use it. Which routes directly to your county 911. And if you realize it too late and hang up quickly the 911 operator calls you back to make sure you're ok. Which is a good idea but horrible if you're half asleep and grab the phone to check a text message.
I'll update if I find anything new awesome and or horribly bad with it.
But it's perfect for me. So I definately recommend.
**update November 27, 2009**
So I've had this phone almost a month now and still in love with it.Read more ›
Calls are crystal clear. You have the ability to multitask while on a call (surf web, check/send email or test messages). Speaker phone was also clear. No stock call reminder, but found an app that works well.
Android OS is very easy to use and you can make it your own with many free apps.
Calander works well--much, much better than the Instinct. You can link it to a gmail account or outlook.
Web browsing is much the same as using a home pc, especially when using Wifi. You can send links, copy/paste, etc.
SMS/MMS--I've downloaded a few free apps but have the stock messaging works much better. I wasn't thrilled there are no reminders when you receive a text, but downloaded an app that works great on the Moment.
There aren't many stock ringtones, but here are quite a few apps you can download free ringtones.
The touch screen works very well. The slide out keyboard was the selling point for me over the Hero. After having only a touch screen on the Instinct I knew one thing a phone had to have with a full physical keyboard. The keys are set up nicely on the keyboard and you can also navigate by using the keyboard.
Camera/video--not overly thrilled, but I don't rely on a phone for good pics. It's just an added bonus for me. There are no editing options or zoom--there may be apps but I haven't checked as of yet. The only option is the quality of video and flash on/off.
Battery life is about what I expect with everything the phone does.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
At the time I was with sprint I had gone to the new Palm pre which I had loved at the time but it had proven to be super problematic. Read morePublished 8 months ago by B.Cruz
This was my main phone years ago but it's now a back up phone.
PRO. Sturdy!! I must have dropped this phone at least ten time over the 3 years and still no problems. Read more
It's a basic smart phone you get what you pay for that's about itPublished 14 months ago by Adrian Fields
If you want a super cheap phone that has lots of features,.root it and install the Ubermoment rom. Easy to do and improves this phone 300%. Read morePublished 16 months ago by John in WI
The phone arrived in very bad shape dirty.
It was not reading the Sim card
one engineer told it`s not a cell phone it`s an extension for lanline phone
i spent money... Read more