4.0 out of 5 stars Good printer
I have to say this is the best choice I could find at this price. The only weakness is that the original toner runs out too quickly (Less than 200 pages).

06-Nov-2010 Update:
I have found out a way to disable the printing counter of the toner, see my comment for more details.

11-Nov-2010 Update:
Based on my knowledge, following printers'...
Published on September 22, 2010 by Neil

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer - but replacement toner is very hard to find!
No complaints about the hardware, but replacing the toner is way more costly than buying the machine! And almost no-one carries the toner, even Amazon doesn't.
Published on October 15, 2010 by E. Letchinger

4.0 out of 5 stars Good printer, September 22, 2010
This review is from: Samsung Monochrome Laser Printer (ML-1665) (Office Product)

06-Nov-2010 Update:

11-Nov-2010 Update:
Based on my knowledge, following printers' toner (Don't take this word the wrong way, I mean black powdered carbon) are compatible, although I can't 100% guarantee that every OEM toner of following series is compatible with MLT-D104, because there are tons of OEM factories on the market. You can buy the cheapest toner which is listed below to refill your MLT-D104 Toner.

ML-1640K ML-1641K ML-1642K ML-2240K ML-2241K ML-2242 ML-1666

Here is a video which shows how to refill the toner:
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain laser, August 25, 2010
My son spilled root beer into my venerable HP LaserJet 4L and ruined it. That printer was a workhorse, but it was slow.

The Samsung is working just as hard, but at speeds reasonably close to those advertised. Its niggles are that it uses a paper loading flap rather than a tray, and that the output tray is pretty flimsy.

For $50, I have no complaints. That's about what I was paying for ink cartridges for my Canon, and it burned through ink like a teenaged driver through gas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer - great price, September 23, 2010
Our previous Samsung laser printer finally died after 8+ years of service. So, I found this Samsung model for a rock-bottom price and hope that it lasts as long as our first one. It is a great printer that was so easy to set up and get printing. The print speed is amazing for such a small printer. I chose the free shipping option with my purchase, but still received the item in less than a week (over a week ahead of schedule). I highly recommend this printer for everyday home use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, fast and small., November 15, 2010
This printer is incredibly inexpensive compared to other models in its class (likely, because Samsung wants you to buy re-filler cartridges, which is fine with me). The printer has a low profile and really does fit easily on any desk. Esthetically is looks fantastic, better than I had anticipated and prints quickly. I work out of my home and was using a canon ink jet printer that was not designed for high printing yields and was costing me a small fortunate in replacement cartridges, this printer has been a great solution.

When I bought this printer I was looking for something cheap and small, it captured both of those requirements, but after owning the printer, I would recommend to anyone looking for a new laser printer for home or office use regardless of budget.

My only complaint: There was no printer cord included and I couldn't find this referenced when I was ordering, I only remember, because I debating buying one on Amazon. Does it seem weird to anyone else that a printer cord isn't included with a printer? Seems like that would be like getting an external hard drive without a USB cord, or iPhone without a cord to plug into your PC or Mac.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the Kittens Mittens, December 8, 2010
Jesse B. (Deltona, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This printer is unbelievably awesome. I'm used to those massive, heavy laser printers. But this little bugger is like a miniature looking microwave with very little wasted space. The little panels fold out and you can close them up if you want.

This is the best purchase I've made this year on electronics. The price is so good and it's laser, so you won't waste your money on ink-catridges every month. It looks like a little black box, it's pretty cool looking, and simple with two buttons, I only use the power button though.

Hold the power button to turn it off, or click it to turn it on. It's so easy. Plug and play in Windows 7, I didn't need the driver CD.

It does NOT come with the USB cord. So you need a USB Cord with the standard rectangle shape, and then the square shape on the end (They are different ends).

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer - but replacement toner is very hard to find!, October 15, 2010

2.0 out of 5 stars Busted after 2 weeks of use, October 1, 2010
You can't really complain when you spend $50 for a printer. But you can if you're a New Yorker and the printer breaks in 2 weeks. The paper feed no longer feeds paper into the printer. I have tried a number of fixes and nothing works. Just be prepared to get a bum one at $50.

1.0 out of 5 stars Samsumg ML1665 broke down after 3 months, November 10, 2011
Adeeb Kamal (Brampton, Ontario) - See all my reviews
Bought it 3 months ago. Used it gently. Since 1 week the red light was flashing to replace the toner. I bought a brand new toner cartridge and replaced it. Then it started showing an error to load paper. I called Samsung and troubleshot with the Techs and they asked me to take it to their designated repair shop. Ended up in a veryyyyy shoddy eletronic store. They said it will take 2-3 weeks to repair. Samsung, never again. 3 months ???

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Little Printer, December 30, 2010
We will probably never use all of the capability of this little printer. We were looking for a small laser printer to use just for occasional needs in our RV. It worked so well as a printer, I decided to wait until we returned from an extensive camping trip to write an evaluation after trying it in our home network. Our laser fax will not work in the network as the manufacturer did not write a 64 bit driver for it. The network has computers with operating systems using both 32 and 64 bits so I didn't know if this printer would work, and it does! With the included software, it will print from any computer, so I can use it at home and take it with us on camping trips, a real advantage.

The printer is reasonably quiet, prints fast, is easy to set up and was delivered quickly (right to the RV in a campground!) It did not include an interconnecting cable and the Samsung toner cartridge is expensive. The cable was inexpensive and the cartridge lasts a long time so I'm rationalizing that it's worth it!?

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung ML-1665 Laser Printer, January 1, 2011
One of the best deals I've purchased through Amazon. Purchased this printer the beginning of December. Great printer for the price! Arrived in excellent condition and what I consider "short" delivery time for standard shipping. Setup was simple and smooth with no problems. I did purchase an additional toner cartridge as the one that came with the printer won't print as many copies. Had a Samsung color laser that did a great job while the toner cartridges lasted; however, it would cost twice as much as I paid for the printer to replace them, thus I'm back to black and white and very happy with the performance of this printer.

Samsung Monochrome Laser Printer (ML-1665)
Used & New from: $75.00