4.0 out of 5 stars Well constructed but the LED is freaking bright!
I bought one of these a few weeks ago and have to say I'm quite impressed.

Published on July 5, 2011 by Kevin

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
Good dock for your Nexus S... Not for any other Galaxy models though, bummer though really liked the convenience it provided.
Published 16 months ago by Mike

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Well constructed but the LED is freaking bright!, July 5, 2011
This review is from: Samsung Multimedia Dock for Samsung Nexus S Mobile Phones (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I bought one of these a few weeks ago and have to say I'm quite impressed.

The build quality is top notch and the unit feels very well constructed. It has a micro USB port on the back and includes an AC micro USB charger which is what I'm using with the dock beside my bed. Because of the micro USB port, the dock can also be used with a computer when transferring files or for charging when I go on a trip and only have my computer.

The phone slides in effortlessly but still feels quite sturdy when the dock is at its default orientation. Tipping it forward does cause the phone to wobble and I would be concerned about the male micro USB head breaking off if this were a frequent occurrence. However the dock is quite heavy and has a wide base so I don't think it'll be going anywhere.

When you plug the phone in it switches to clock mode which is quite nice seeing as I use my Nexus S as a clock at night. This brings me to my only complaint about the dock. There is a blue LED on the front that indicates when the phone is plugged in. This is fine during the daytime but at night it is extremely bright! Right now I put something in front of it and it still illuminates my ceiling. I probably will either take it apart and put a resistor in or else cover it with some electrical tape.

Its unfortunate it couldn't auto dim like the Nexus S does because other than that its an extremely nice unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some people truly surprise me..., January 30, 2012
I've no idea why people are down rating a product for the Nexus S for not being compatible with the Galaxy Nexus.
It wasn't designed for the Galaxy Nexus. It's for the Nexus S. They are 2 entirely different phones.

How about I down rate the a home theatre system because it dosen't work as an indash car system?.. They are both radios right?... o_O?

Anyways. The dock works great for the product it is designed for.
No surprise it doesn't work for a product that it isn't designed for.
Common sense. Go figure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed for the office, September 21, 2012
I purchased this so that I would be able to easily see the clock application (I use Studio Clock) while my phone charges at work. My order arrived yesterday and I couldn't be happier with it. The dock has a solid feel and it does exactly what I want it to do. Yes, there's a rather large blue LED. But that's not such a big issue in a workplace environment. (I might feel differently if I had this on my nightstand.) I can now charge the phone after my commute, keep tabs on how the day is progressing, and even easily view notifications that I receive for my personal e-mail account. I am a very satisfied customer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice charging doc, March 9, 2012
The product name is a bit misleading. There is nothing inherently multimedia about this doc; it is a charging base, with a decent weight to make a nice desk/bed-side clock while the phone also charges.

When you slide the phone in, and unlock the phone, your clock app starts automatically. (I recommend "night clock" from Android market, free version available. The paid version doesn't dim the buttons on Galaxy S).

As for a media-player dock, the volume buttons are on the bottom when docked, making them pretty much inaccessible.

As others have noted, it has a bright blue LED, which I will probably cover, as it would be very distracting for a bed-side clock.

5.0 out of 5 stars like new, January 15, 2014
never used as it did not work with my case. still new in the box in the garage with other old cell phoen stuff.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, August 13, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars What could I ask more?, February 27, 2013
Great and simple.I love it.Not the rewiew,not the,not the review et puis,huit sept,six, cinq ,4.00,tros deux etle # 1.Enfin....Merde,de merde

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes the phone useful when you are not using it., January 10, 2013
Instead of looking like clutter when it's charging, the phone is now a clock that's easy to read from across the room, even in the dark. Elegantly simple and useful.

3.0 out of 5 stars These do work, but are very difficult, December 21, 2012
These work but are very difficult to work with. We have (now had) two Galaxy Nexus phones and they did fit ... barely. If you have a case, be prepared to take it off each time you dock.

That being said: DOCK MAKERS ... Lots of people have phones with Cases ... How about making a Dock that supports cases!

3.0 out of 5 stars Never use it, November 14, 2012
Seems a bit cheaply made, and it won't fit with my silicone cover on, so I have ended up not using it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›