This follow-up to the Eternity also has live mobile TV, while stepping up to a higher-resolution touch display and adding overseas 3G data. Other features are similar, including video sharing, memory card slot, GPS navigation and stereo Bluetooth.
With one-touch access to features including AT&T Mobile TV and social networking sites such as Facebook and MySpace, the Samsung Mythic for AT&T is a portable entertainment powerhouse. It features a 3.3-inch touchscreen with virtual keyboard and Samsung's innovative TouchWiz user interface, which allows you to simply drag and drop widgets for your favorite and most commonly used features and functions on the phone's home screen.
The Samsung Mythic's large 3.3-inch touch display makes it an ideal device for viewing AT&T Mobile TV.
This phone can quickly download video, music and more over AT&T's lightning quick HSPDA 3G network. And the Mythic is the newest AT&T Mobile TV-capable device, which enables you to subscribe to around-the-clock access to full-length simulcast and time-shifted programming from FLO TV, including such channels as CBS Mobile, CNN Mobile, Comedy Central, FOX News and the movie channel Crackle. This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions as well as its Video Share service, which enables you to send video of yourself to another compatible phone while making a voice call. See more details on optional AT&T services below
Other features include pre-loaded social networking applications, a 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder, digital audio player, Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion, multi-lingual text display, and up to 3 hours of talk time.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- GPS navigation capabilities via AT&T Navigator service includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options.
- 3.3-inch touchscreen with 360 x 640-pixel resolution and 262K color depth. Vibrating response to touch.
- TouchWiz user interface with specially designed widgets to customize and personalize your phone. The quick and simple drag-and-drop feature provides instant access to your favorite functions, such as the clock, music player, instant messaging and photos.
- Virtual onscreen QWERTY keyboard lets you easily type messages and emails fast.
- 3.2-megapixel auto-focus camera with 3x digital zoom and video capture capabilities
- Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity with stereo music streaming (A2DP) capabilities as well as hands-free headsets and car kits. You can connect your laptop (either via Bluetooth or wired USB) and enjoy dial-up networking--surf the Internet, send email, and access files from a server (additional charges or subscription applicable).
- Digital audio player enables you to create and manage playlists right on the phone; compatible with MP3 and unprotected AAC/AAC+ formats.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB.
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, and MSN).
- Access to personal email (AOL, Yahoo, Windows Live)
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm clock and more
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
- Internal phonebook stores up to 2000 contacts
- 189 MB internal memory shared between MP3 player and camera
- Displays last 30 outgoing/incoming/missed calls
The Samsung Mythic weighs 3.8 ounces and measures 4.49 x 2.06 x 0.5 inches. Its 1150 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 3 hours of talk time, and up to 360 hours (15 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS).
What's in the Box
Samsung Mythic handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide, user manual
| || High-speed data connectivity via AT&T's 3G mobile broadband data network: The dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network provides up to 3.6/7.2 Mbps of download speed, making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services, and it gives you the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services. Additionally, this phone is also compatible with 2100 MHz 3G networks found in international territories. (For use outside the United States, an AT&T international data plan is recommended.) |
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the go.
| || The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search. |
| || AT&T's Video Share service enables you to send a live, one-way video stream to another compatible phone during a standard voice call. The service also allows you to switch the direction of the video stream during the same phone call. (Customers must be in an area served by the company's 3G network and have a Video Share-enabled phone.) While using Video Share with family and friends is a fun way to communicate, it's also very useful for business. For example, a majority of users in the architecture, engineering and construction industries rated the ability to share live video through Video Share highly, according to research commissioned by AT&T. Video Share lets you see progress on a job site or review the day's work without having to drive from an office or other site to do so. |
| || AT&T Mobile Music enables you to buy tracks while on the go, access the Napster and eMusic subscription music services, stream music video, discover what's playing with Music ID song-recognition software, and find out what's hot with The Buzz music news portal. |
| || |
AT&T Mobile TV allows you to watch mobile TV in broadcast quality. Tune-in to see full-length episodes of your favorite soaps, sitcoms, sports, or news programs from the networks you love. With just one touch you can see what's on now, scroll to find the next episode of your favorite show or select a time slot to reveal an episode summary of your next new favorite. Simple and easy to use the program guide is great for searching on the fly for Mobile TV to go. It provides access to 12 popular channels so you have everything you need to tune-in to your favorite shows when you're on the go. Channels include: CBS Mobile, CNBC, Comedy Central, ESPN Mobile TV, FOX Mobile, FOX News, MSNBC, MTV, NBC2Go, Nickelodeon, CNN Mobile and Pix.
Choose from a wide assortment of channels from AT&T Mobile TV.
AT&T provides several packages for accessing Mobile TV, and it offers parental controls that provide content filtering and purchase blocking on your phone so that you can restrict access to content that may be inappropriate for younger viewers.