|Screen Size||14 inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1366 x 768 pixels|
|Processor||2 GHz A-Series Quad-Core A10-4655M|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Hard Drive||750 GB mechanical_hard_drive|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
Samsung Series 5 NP535U4C-A01US 14-Inch Laptop (2.0GHz AMD Quad-Core A10-4655M Accelerated Processor, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 750 GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium) Silver
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- AMD 2Ghz Quad-Core A10-4655M Processor
- AMD Radeon HD 7620G graphics card
- 750GB Hard Drive
- 14-inch LED-backlit display
- 4GB DDR3 RAM
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Ok - if you buy this spend $22 for an extra 4GB (get a SO-DIMM DDR3, I bought a Corsair 4 GB DDR3 Laptop Memory CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9). Note that the pre-installed 4GB is soldered on the mainboard. Some extra memory helps since the Trinity APUs can support dual channel memory access. The graphics on this laptop are much better than any embedded Intel graphics (it is significantly better than intel's HD4000). Overall the processor is plenty fast for almost everything you would want to do - to get better you would need an intel i7. The Trinity is also power-efficient, although the 4cell (non-removable!) battery that comes with this laptop isn't the biggest.
I installed a Samsung 830 SSD into the laptop and it is very fast -like 18secs to Windows trumpet sound from cold boot(the old HD was rated 5.9 on the windows experience, with the SSD it moved up to 7.6). If you install a SSD or simply want to get rid of all the bloatware with a fresh install, go to Arstechnica for an excellent guide (copy the windows/system32 folder beforehand so that you have all the drivers; Samsung's website has the drivers for the Intel version of this system mixed in). EDIT: If you do decide to replace the HDD with an SSD, make sure you do not get one that is too thick - I believe 2.5" SSDs come in two thicknesses - 10mm and 7mm. This laptop needs a 7mm thick SSD.Read more ›
Short Review here until I release my well-known ultra detailed review.
- replaced mechanical 750GB HDD with a Samsung 830 SSD 128GB (for $70)
- added Crucial (w/ Micron memory chips) 4GB DDR3-1333 SO-DIMM stick (for $18)
- installed clean version of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with SP1... no bloatware is the way to go
- Got this notebook for my girlfriend because she has always wanted a gaming rig, but with portability and on a budget. It normally goes for $800+, but when Amazon was selling it for $650.... I had to jump on it. I was looking for a notebook with good performance (gaming oriented), thermal design, not too bulky for her, and on a budget.
- The build quality is quite good considering what you are paying, the screen is more than enough for the typical user (only a few would care for a 1600x900 or 1920x1080 option). Yes, you can upgrade the screen to at least a 1600x900 LED LCD panel, the model of the screen is Samsung LP140WH1, which has the same connector as the LCD LED (Samsung LP140WD1) panel that comes with the notebook. It will just take a bit of effort to replace the panels, but its very straightforward.
Why go for an AMD APU notebook?
- its got great CPU performance for all the typical uses, most people will not even utilize the full quad-core CPU
- its got an amazing GPU (Radeon 7620G) for mid-range gaming performance that will outperform its competition in the same budget range.
Why did I choose this notebook for the thermal design?
- the APU (CPU+GPU) is a single low voltage chip that has a 25-watt TDP, which is quite low for the performance given.Read more ›
(1) My husband is a computer junkie, and
(2) I know absolutely nothing about computer hardware/software. When I buy a computer, I go for ease of use and looks.
That being said, both of us are pleased with this laptop. I am about to start traveling for my job, and I needed to replace my 8 year old laptop from my college days. I wanted something light, portable, but of a decent size and with an internal CD/DVD drive. This laptop has all of that. The sleek, silver design gives this laptop a clean look. They keys are comfortably-spaced, and the touch-pad is more centrally-located that other larger laptops. It's more centralized, however, because this laptop does not have a dedicated number pad. This was not a deal-breaker for me, but definitely something to keep in mind. The laptop is surprisingly light, and the speakers and webcam are great for a computer this size.
As for the technical aspects of this machine, my husband was determined to get a product with an AMD processor. He liked the combined processor and graphics unit, both of which were powerful. His only suggestion to improve this computer's speed would be to add 4GB of RAM and a SSD, which was easy for him to do over one evening.
I have yet to use this laptop on a planeride yet, so I cannot comment about its full battery life. I do know that when I use it unplugged around the house, it has the option of a battery-saver mode that you can use to prolong the life of the computer over a long period of time.
As for our ranking, we decided on giving it a 4/5 because we felt it necessary to add more RAM and the SSD to meet our laptop needs. Even so, this is a wonderful product, and we plan to keep in for many years to come!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This laptop has remained fast and very useful over the past two years of use. I've had some issues with stability but I think it may be due to the RAM I installed upon first buying... Read morePublished 23 months ago by Michael C.
Thought I should contribute to the rating & discussion as it was the basis for me purchasing this Samsung laptop on 12/20/2012. Read morePublished on April 14, 2013 by DFA991
I have been using this computer since early February.
The only thing I have to complain is Samsung's lack of native support nor divers for Linux. Read more
Researched a lot to make this purchase by reading the other reviews here. I am pleased to report the GOOD reviews about this laptop were accurate. Read morePublished on March 29, 2013 by Kindle Customer
I have had other laptops that I liked better. This one seems difficult to control. It often reverts to a different line when I am typing .Published on February 18, 2013 by pj
Really nice laptop. Light, yet sturdy. Keys and keypad work well. Fast and connect well to the monitor. Read morePublished on February 9, 2013 by Thai An Pham
I have had this computer since the middle of September and overall I am very pleased with it. I did add 4gb of memory and a Samsung 830 256gb SSD drive. Read morePublished on January 16, 2013 by hubercs99
Totally above average but 1.8 kg not light weight enough in this 14" Trinity ultrathin laptop.
And less choice in APU for samaung laptop.
I've had an interesting experience with this system. Like another reviewer, my first one had a bad trackpad, and the trackpad configuration software was broken - it would crash as... Read morePublished on January 8, 2013 by samax
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.