Enjoy multimedia content at the palm of your hand with the Sprint Samsung Google Nexus S 4G Locked Cell Phone. <br /> <br />The Sprint Samsung Google Nexus S 4G Locked Cell Phone uses the Android 2.3 “Gingerbread” platform to help you get the most out of your professional or personal life. Navigate, messages and enjoy high-quality images on the smart phone's 4-inch touchscreen display. Surf the internet at your favorite hotspot as the smart phone has an easy Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n connectivity feature. Take pictures and record videos wherever you are with the 5.0 megapixel camera and a VGA front camera. All your media files, pictures, videos and messages are accommodated by the integrated 16GB storage.
Get the ultimate Google experience at 4G speeds with the Nexus S 4G for Sprint, which pairs Android 2.3 Gingerbread with a 1 GHz Hummingbird processor and integrated Google Voice capabilities. A thin-profile contour display gives the Nexus S a unique slim and trim size that fits easily in the palm of your hand, and its brighter, high-contrast screen means colors are incredibly vibrant and text is crisp at any size--even when viewed in bright sunlight.
The Samsung Nexus S 4G is packed with the latest technologies and runs on Sprints ultra-fast 4G network (view larger).
It runs on Sprint's expanding 4G network, offering simultaneous voice and data connectivity and download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. Additionally, the phone can still connect to 3G data services in areas not currently served by Sprint's 4G network (learn more about Sprint's 4G network below).
The 4-inch Super AMOLED screen with Curved Display (view larger).
The Nexus S is packed with the latest mobile technologies, including a Super AMOLED Contour Display with curved glass screen, 1 GHz Hummingbird processor, and Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking plus 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability for sharing your 4G connection with up to six Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously. And with support for Near Field Communications (NFC), the Nexus S can read information from "smart" tags, or everyday objects that have NFC chips in them--from stickers and movie posters to t-shirts.
The phone is outfitted with a rear-facing 5-megapixel camera plus a front-facing camera for easy video chats on the go. Other features include assisted GPS (A-GPS) for navigation and location-based services, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, haptic feedback vibration, access to both personal and corporate e-mail, and up to 6 hours of talk time. And with the Nexus S, you'll always be the first to receive software upgrades and new Google mobile apps as soon as they become available.
Google Voice Integration
With Google Voice, your phone number is more than just 10 digits--it's the main hub of your voice communications. You get one number that rings all your phones--up to six different phones--with intelligent call routing and advanced features like call screening, blocking, and recording. You also get transcribed voicemail that's sent to you via email and/or text message, low-priced international calling, custom voicemail greeting capabilities, and more.
You'll be able to use your current Sprint wireless phone number as your Google Voice number without having to port your number, avoiding porting charges and potential service disruptions. So now when someone calls your Sprint mobile phone number, it can also ring your office, your home, or even your Gmail account. And if you already have a Google Voice number, calls made from your Sprint mobile phone can display your Google Voice number automatically.
Android, 2.3 (Gingerbread)
The Nexus S 4G runs the Android 2.3 platform (dubbed "Gingerbread")--the fastest version of Android available for smartphones yet. It features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation. Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming email and then switch back to the game without losing your place.
A new onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
With Voice Actions for Android, you can press and hold the Search button from anywhere and speak almost anything--text messages and emails, navigation direction queries, opening web pages, and more. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The Nexus S 4G also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day, including Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Maps™ with Navigation, Google Calendar™, Picasa™, and YouTube™. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Calendar, Picasa, & YouTube are trademarks of Google, Inc.
An NFC Reader application lets your read and interact with near-field communication (NFC) tags. For example, you can "touch" or "swipe" an NFC tag that might be embedded in a poster, sticker, or advertisement, then act on the data read from the tag. A typical use would be to read a tag at a restaurant, store, or event and then rate or register by jumping to a web site whose URL is included in the tag data.
The Nexus S weighs 4.6 ounces and measures 4.87 x 2.48 x 0.44 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6 hours of talk time. It runs on Sprint's 4G network as well as the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
Nexus S handset, rechargeable battery, AC charger/USB cable combo, quick start guide
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity with simultaneous voice and data capability (peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps)
- 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) in areas not yet served by 4G (peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps)
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality allows up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G or 4G experience on the go with a laptop, camera, music player, game unit, video player, or any other Wi-Fi enabled device.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Android 2.3 OS (Gingerbread)
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Preloaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
Communications & Internet
- Full HTML Web Browser with Flash 10.1 Support
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- Easy access to social networks including Facebook and LinkedIn
- 1 GHz Samsung Hummingbird processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 4-inch Super AMOLED Plus display reproduces sharper and brighter colors with improved visibility in bright light (480 x 800 pixels; 235 ppi).
- Contour Display with curved glass screen fits comfortably in the palm of your hand and along the side of your face.
- MicroUSB port
- Removable battery
- Sensors: three-axis gyroscope, accelerometer, digital compass, proximity and light sensors.
- 5-megapixel rear camera with auto-focus lens and flash.
- Front-facing VGA camera for easy video chats (640 x 480 pixels).
- DVD-quality video capture (720 x 480 pixels) with recording in MPEG4, H.264, and H.263 formats.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264, H.263
- 16 GB internal memory (non-expandable)
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Organizer tools including calculator, world clock, stopwatch, countdown timer, and memo
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: M4
Sprint's Blazing Fast 4G Network
Sprint 4G offers a faster wireless experience than any other U.S. national wireless carrier, and Sprint is the only national carrier offering wireless 4G service in 32 markets (with more coming online soon). Sprint 4G delivers download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G, giving this mobile phone the fastest data speeds of any U.S. wireless device available today. Sprint 4G network coverage is expected to reach 120 million people by the end of 2010.
Sprint 4G services dramatically increase download speeds for photos, videos and large files. You can download a favorite song, picture, sitcom or large video in seconds, not minutes, or watch live streaming video--all while on the go, not just from the home or office. Additionally, businesses can benefit from the fast connectivity speeds of 4G. Some examples include:
- Real estate agents can conduct virtual property tours.
- Construction teams using 4G in the field can save valuable time by sharing schematics with engineers online.
- Insurance companies can speed their claims management through real-time communication with on-site adjusters.
- Health care professionals can improve their ability to remotely monitor patients.
- Emergency first responders can rapidly assess and coordinate disaster action with real-time on-site video and audio.
- Photojournalists can instantly transfer high-resolution images to the newsroom.
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.