- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung PN42C450 42-Inch 720p Plasma HDTV (Black)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Mega Dynamic Contrast
- Anynet+(HDMI CEC)
- ConnectShare(TM) Movie
- 600Hz Subfield Motion
- Game Mode
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
The new PN42C450 PDP flat panel HDTV by Samsung offers great value and features smartly wrapped in an attractive and accented "piano key black" cabinet. Add 600 Hz subfield motion technology, 3 advanced HDMI inputs that feature our Anynet+ (CEC standard) technology making system control of your DVD or Blu-ray Disc player a one-touch operation. New for 2010, all of Samsung's plasmas feature our new E3-panel single filter design that delivers improved performance, meets the new ENERGY STAR power consumption specifications, and eliminates off-angle blur making the sharpest of details like scrolling text easier to see and read. Experience the performance of Samsung's new 42-inch plasma HDTV that's both easy on the wallet and the environment.
- Screen Size: 42 inches
- 600 Hz subfield motion: Offers crisp, clear Plasma HD action in every frame.
- E3-panel single filter design delivers improved performance in the areas of color saturation, contrast and energy efficiency.
- Mega Dynamic Contrast ratio: An unparalleled Mega Dynamic Contrast ratio brings together the deepest blacks and brightest whites.
- Response time: A fast .001ms response time optomizes fast motion video content.
- Built-in digital tuner: no external box needed.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: PDP Energy saving, up to 43% less than our similar 2009 Plasma TV in standard mode.
- Clear Image Panel: Samsung's new single-filter clear panel design eliminates the off-angle reflections that cause picture blurring of images
and details. Images and text look great straight on or at any angle.
- ConnectShare JPEG: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. Userfriendly interface allows access to videos, music playlists and pictures via the remote.
- Game Mode: Enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- SRS TruSurround HD: Get crisp, clear digital-quality sound via advanced SRS technology.
- Warranty: 1-year parts and 1-year labor warranty (90-days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung
- HDMI: 3
- USB: 1
- PC Input: 1
- TV without stand: 40.6 x 24.8 x 2.7 inches (WxHxD); 38.6 pounds
- TV with stand: 40.6 x 27.7 x 11.2 inches (WxHxD); 43.0 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
|With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
It was able to find some basic cable channels in HD, which is awesome, and Modern Warfare 2 looks simply astounding (again, much better than on aforementioned 42" and 22" LCDs.)
The sound is decent, it's actually better than I was expecting. It's obviously no Home Theatre, but I was impressed. It's got a few connections which aren't listed on Amazon...the 3 HDMI, 1 PC, 1 USB, 1 Component, 1 Dual Component/Composite, Audio In 1/8", Audio Out 1/8", Optical out, and cable. The menu is very easy to navigate and adjust, and in it you can turn off it's startup/shut down sound if you find it irritating. It's kinda soothing though.
One negative I've found is that the audio running out isn't controlled by the televisions volume, I guess that's pretty standard, but it means my cheap computer speakers aren't much good. (No remote) Also when installing the base stand it felt like I was about to destroy the thread on the screws that are used...They aren't easy to get in there!
It's very elegant, and looks great in my living room. It's not super bright, which I love (LCD panels hurt my eyes after a while) All in all, for the money it's a fantastic TV. I was looking for quality, affordability, and style.
I couldn't return the set, as a month had already passed, so I contacted Samsung about getting it fixed or replaced under warranty. They sent out a third-party tech who checked it out and confirmed the lines and he explained it to Samsung.
Samsung concluded that the problem has to do with the EMI filter and with the anti-reflective coating, which is on the outside of the glass panel and will not be covered under warranty.
Samsung claims that it is my fault due to negligence, claiming I'd used chemicals to clean the screen, which can not be farther from the truth.
Needless to say, this felt like a slap on the face from Samsung. They don't stand by their product and accuse me of being at fault. When I mention that the anti-reflective filter might have been installed improperly, they just recite the standard "we are very sorry" speech...
I'm very tired of spending hours on the phone trying to argue my point to their reps who are not even listening and am very dissapointed in Samsung. I understand TVs can sometimes have faults, but those faults need to be replaced or fixed.
I am never buying another Samsung product again, because the company doesn't stand behind it.
I ordered this TV on a Tuesday night, received it on Thursday and the guy brought it to my door(4th floor walkup in NYC). I guess Beach Camera should receive the credit there.
Set it up and the TV was able to find a bunch of HD channels and channels I didn't have before, so that's a big plus. I have to say, like the other review, installing the stand was a pain in the ass. I don't think the screw holes were completely drilled out, but I managed.
Sound is great, no buzzing or anything. It is very sleek and stylish and makes my living room look great. Menu is very easy to navigate and viewing pictures with a card reader or USB is a snap. Just plug it in and you have many options for slideshows with music and other options. PC input also very simple to hook up.
You will not be disappointed. Especially with the free shipping, no tax (for me at least) and the great amazon price, this HDTV cannot be beat!
This was my first time purchasing an HDTV, and I really did not know what all to look for in one. I am not well-versed in the technology, and the associates at BB really helped out here, encouraging me to choose a plasma over an 37 inch LCD. I hope this information helps prospective buyers who might be on the fence about the two or about buying this HDTV in general.
Some features this has that the Insignia does not:
1. Slightly better PQ, although both can play at 1920 x 1080i
2. Cell light brightness function, which really does make a difference
3. A more sophisticated, although awkward and large, remote that allows direct changes of picture/sound mode and picture size without having to go into the on-screen menu
4. Option to transfer mp3 files and play them through the TV. This might be a common feature on these newer TVs, but I am new to this technology so I would not know.
5. USB port and 1 extra HDMI
6. The touch of red color strip across the bottom of the TV giving it a classier look
7. A much sturdier base. I carried both of these TVs upstairs and found out upon unpacking the box that one of the reasons I had a harder time with the Samsung was because of the much more solid stand.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fit perfectly into my Entertainment Center. Less than an inch opening on each side. Great picture.Published 1 month ago by Mischelle B.
it must be a hot commodity because my house was broken into and, among other things, this was stolen. Read morePublished 1 month ago by M. Trojan
One of the best tv's on the market for the price. Great service. Came in great condition.:)Published 13 months ago by shatteredheart
I brought the TV for my sister. It is in her family room and they all love it. It is very clear and they haven't reported any problems.Published on February 5, 2014 by Katrina Walker
I bought this TV new from Amazon I even bought the square trade guarantee for 3 yrs and exactly after 3 yrs and 3 months it cracked. Read morePublished on June 23, 2013 by A. Quintero
Have had this TV for almost 3 years now. Never had issues with "burn-in." The picture quality is outstanding in 720p. We mounted ours, so we don't use it on the stand. Read morePublished on January 31, 2013 by Benjamin
I have 2 42in c450s and 1 worked for a year and the panel went my 3rd samsung bad flat panel.The second almost 2 years now is trouble free. Read morePublished on April 14, 2012 by Sabrina Abbatiello
I have finally had this TV for just over a year. Thanks to registering this TV through the actual Samsung website, I'm still within warranty dealing with my ongoing problem (you... Read morePublished on February 20, 2012 by The Redhead Reviewer