Samsung's new PN50B650 plasma flat panel HDTV exemplifies the design and performance refinements for those with discerning tastes and a passion for innovation. Picture your favorite room filled with 50 inches of 1080p Full HD picture performance artistically accented in a new Touch of ColorTM design. Samsung's 6 Series E-Panel technology delivers improvements with our Ultra FiterBrightTM technology that further reduces glare in brighter rooms and our advanced Crystal Full HD Engine expands the picture viewing experience with less power consumption. The new Medi@2.0 connectivity package offers customizable online content via user-friendly 'widgets,' networking capability via the DLNA standard, and playback of your camera and camcorder via USB 2.0. Add 4 advanced HDMI inputs that feature Samsung's Anynet+ (CEC standard) technology making system control of compatible A/V devices like a Blu-ray player or HTIB system a one-touch operation. Experience Full 1080p performance and advanced connectivity on Samsung's new B650 series plasma HDTVs that are designed to meet higher pride of ownership expectations and lower the cost of ownership.
From the Manufacturer
(October 6, 2009)
Samsung’s new PN50B650 plasma flat panel HDTV exemplifies the design and performance refinements for those with discerning tastes and a passion for innovation. Picture your favorite room filled with 50 inches of 1080p Full HD picture performance artistically accented in a new Touch of Color design. Samsung’s 6 Series E-Panel technology delivers improvements with our Ultra FiterBright technology that further reduces glare in brighter rooms and our advanced Crystal Full HD Engine expands the picture viewing experience with less power consumption. The new Medi@2.0 connectivity package offers customizable online content via user-friendly “widgets,” networking capability via the DLNA standard, and playback of your camera and camcorder via USB 2.0. Add 4 advanced HDMI inputs that feature Samsung’s Anynet+ (CEC standard) technology making system control of compatible A/V devices like a Blu-ray player or HTIB system a one-touch operation. Experience Full 1080p performance and advanced connectivity on Samsung’s new B650 series plasma HDTVs that are designed to meet higher pride of ownership expectations and lower the cost of ownership.
The stylish Samsung PN50B650 Widescreen Plasma HDTV with innovative Touch of Color design.
- Screen Size: 50 inches
- Full 1080p HD (Learn more)
- Response Time: A fast .001ms response time optimizes fast motion video content.
- Built-in digital tuner: No external box needed
- 600Hz Subfield Motion for clear high contrast motion pictures.
- Ultra FilterBright panel further minimizes glare and reflections.
- Game Mode enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- USB 2.0 Movie for playing MP3, MPEG movies and displaying JPEG files through the USB 2.0.
- Touch of Color (ToC): Samsung's unique manufacturing process accents the surrounding bezel with a stylish red tone. (Learn more)
- Wide Color Enhancer 3 optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in more natural rendering of colors. (Learn more)
- Audio: Two 10-watt stereo speakers (for 20 watts of total power) plus SRS TruSurround HD.
- SRS TruSurround HD creates an immersive, feature-rich surround sound experience from two speakers, complete with rich bass, high frequency detail and clear dialog.
- DLNA-Compatible for better interopability with electronics, computers and mobile devices from many different manufacturers
- Content Library (1GB Flash Memory): stores limited amount of pictures and video for playback.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) allows the TV's remote control to operate at the push of one button, peripheral AV devices such as a DVD player featuring HDMI-CEC.
- Trilingual on-screen displays in English, Spanish or French.
- Energy Star Compliant: reduces energy consumption by up to 40% compared with prior year PDP TVs.
- Swivel stand included.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor, backed by Samsung toll-free support
- Medi@2.0 lets you enjoy more with Internet TV, allowing you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, and more via on-screen TV widgets. (Learn more)
A wide variety of multimedia devices can be connected to the set through any one of the three HDMI inputs, and the handy Anynet+ feature (HDMI-CEC) lets you control all your CEC-enabled peripherals--such as a DVD or Blu-ray player--using just one remote. HDMI is the best performing interface for displaying an HD source on an HDTV.
- HDMI (Digital A/V): 4 (1 side A/V connection, 3 rear A/V connections)
- Component Video and Audio: 2 rear
- Composite A/V: 1
- USB: 2 (picture/movie)
- PC RGB input: 1
- Ethernet (LAN): 1
- Digital audio (optical): 1
- TV without stand: 48.4 x 29.8 x 2.9 inches (WxHxD); 73.2 pounds
- TV with stand: 48.4 x 32.2 x 11.4 inches (WxHxD); 84.2 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
Touch of Color
| ||In 2008, Samsung created its unique Touch of Color (ToC) design, which uses dual-injection molding to coat a translucent, colored surface to achieve an attractive crystalline appearance. The latest evolution of Samsung's ToC design begins with a deep piano black bezel that fades into distinct chrome that finishes as light ruby highlights. The intensity of the color subtly changes depending upon the viewing angle, and further accentuates the TV's slim bezel. || |
Widgets allow you to track local weather with Yahoo, access eBay, display Flickr pictures and see Twitter updates - all on your screen. With a split-screen display, you can do it all without missing a second of your favorite shows. And now, you can also get movies on demand via blockbuster and Amazon Instant Video.
|Medi@2.0 lets you enjoy more with Internet TV, allowing you to receive content via Yahoo!, Flickr, and more on screen. It also includes a content library so you can enjoy pre-loaded content, such as cooking recipes and fitness exercises. Plus, DLNA CERTIFIED connectivity lets you remotely access your PC's personal media so that you can download music, video, and photos and enjoy them anywhere in the home your TV is. Finally USB 2.0 multi-media center lets you connect a thumb drive or a digital camera quickly and easily. |
| Current Widgets |
Get real-time updates, place bids, monitor your favorite items, view photos and compare prices with the press of your remote. You won’t miss a buying or selling opportunity with the eBay TV widget.
| || |
Track fantasy league scores, standings, and player stats in real time while you watch the games on TV.
| || |
Keep in touch with people and share real-time updates and frequent answers while you watch TV.
| || |
Share photos with family & friends and browse the latest photos posted by the Flickr community.
| || |
Share your favorite YouTube videos without having to gather around a computer screen.
| || |
Choose a location and get a snapshot of current weather conditions, the 5-day forecast and more.
| || |
Get breaking news, headlines, and top stories from leading news sources, designed for the big screen.
| || |
USA Today Sports
Get the latest sports scores, stories, and snapshots, as the news happens from USA TODAY.
See all Product Description
| ||With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5