Get a true cinematic experience without going to the cinema with a Samsung plasma HDTV. This Samsung PN50C450, with Mega Dynamic Contrast Ratio makes sure every frame is saturated with dense, rich color. Samsung is also ENERGY STAR compliant so you are assured that your 50 -inch plasma HDTV is helping the environment by using less enery while saving you money.
From the Manufacturer
Samsung PN50C450 Plasma tv (March 2010)
The new PN50C450 PDP flat panel HDTV by Samsung offers great value and features smartly wrapped in an attractive and accented "piano key black" cabinet. Add 600 Hz subfield motion technology, 3 advanced HDMI inputs that feature our Anynet+ (CEC standard) technology making system control of your DVD or Blu-ray Disc player a one-touch operation. New for 2010, all of Samsung's plasmas feature our new E3-panel single filter design that delivers improved performance, meets the new ENERGY STAR power consumption specifications, and eliminates off-angle blur making the sharpest of details like scrolling text easier to see and read. Experience the performance of Samsung's new 50-inch plasma HDTV that's both easy on the wallet and the environment.
- Screen Size: 50 inches
- 600 Hz subfield motion: Offers crisp, clear Plasma HD action in every frame.
- E3-panel single filter design delivers improved performance in the areas of color saturation, contrast and energy efficiency.
- Mega Dynamic Contrast ratio: An unparalleled Mega Dynamic Contrast ratio brings together the deepest blacks and brightest whites.
- Response time: A fast .001ms response time optomizes fast motion video content.
- Built-in digital tuner: no external box needed.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: PDP Energy saving, up to 43% less than our similar 2009 Plasma TV in standard mode.
- Clear Image Panel: Samsung's new single-filter clear panel design eliminates the off-angle reflections that cause picture blurring of images
and details. Images and text look great straight on or at any angle.
- ConnectShare JPEG: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. Userfriendly interface allows access to videos, music playlists and pictures via the remote.
- Game Mode: Enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- SRS TruSurround HD: Get crisp, clear digital-quality sound via advanced SRS technology.
- Warranty: 1-year parts and 1-year labor warranty (90-days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung
- HDMI: 3
- USB: 1
- PC Input: 1
- TV without stand: 47.3 x 28.4 x 2.7 inches (WxHxD); 51.8 pounds
- TV with stand: 47.3 x 31.0 x 11.2 inches (WxHxD); 56.2 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
| ||With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5