From the Manufacturer
Samsung 3D Plasma PN50C7000 TV (March 2010)
3D Technology Checklist
This product is 3D-related. To help you get a great 3D experience, use our checklist below to ensure that you have everything you need. If you have any questions or want to learn more about 3D, we invite you to visit 3D 101--our center for everything 3D. To get started with 3D, please ensure that you have:
| || || |
A Display The first--and most important--item you'll need is a 3D-ready display--whether it be a 3D HDTV, 3D projector, or 3D computer monitor. These displays usually have a higher processing power than older models as they need to display one image for each eye to create a 3D effect.
| || || |
A Source While your display is ready for 3D playback, you still need a device to read 3D content (i.e., a movie or a show). This source can be a cable box with a subscription to a 3D channel, a 3D Blu-ray Disc player, or a PlayStation 3.
| || || |
Content In order to watch 3D, you will need to get some 3D content. This 3D content will come from the source mentioned above in the form of a 3D program, movie, or game. Please ensure that your 3D movies are in the Blu-ray 3D format, as this new format will provide the best 3D experience.
| || || |
3D Glasses All 3D HDTVs on the market require Active Shutter glasses to create the 3D effect. You will need to buy one pair of glasses for each viewer. Also make sure that the Active Shutter glasses you buy are compatible with your display--for example, buy the glasses from the same brand as your 3D HDTV.
| || || |
HDMI Cable To connect your source (such as a 3D Blu-ray Disc player) to your display, you'll need a hgh-speed HDMI cable. Cables with this designation--with bandwidth speeds up to 10.2 Gbps (gigabits per second)--will be able to carry the 3D signal without any loss of quality.
If you want to get more information about 3D, shop our 3D products, watch videos, or interact with other customers, visit 3D 101
, our customer center about everything 3D.
Samsung's new C7000 Series Plasma flat-panel HDTVs deliver stunning performance, unparalleled design, and several innovations that expand the HDTV experience with its new 3D feature. Samsung's new E3-Panel combined with our Clear Image Panel technology provides a stunning high-contrast picture at any angle. The Ultra Slim cabinet measures 1.5-inch deep and is designed with a rich-looking brushed hairline black bezel. Samsung's HDTV innovations include a powerful Internet@TV connectivity package for customizable access to Internet content, home-networking capability via the DLNA standard, playback of your camera and camcorder via USB, and 3D HDTV processing with optional Samsung 3D glasses. Samsung's Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC standard) technology makes system control of compatible A/V devices a one-touch operation. Combine a beautiful design, advanced Internet@TV functionality, the new 3D HDTV experience capability – Samsung's new C7000 Series Plasma HDTVs are designed with this in mind.
Stunning ultra-slim depth – includes tuner (no external transceiver box)
- Screen Size: 50 inches
- 3D HD: Samsung 3D technology makes images leap off the screen– so you feel like you’re a part of the action. Sync up with our Samsung Blu-ray Player to experience movies in 3D on your TV – and enjoy more TV broadcasts in stunning 3D, coming soon.
- SAMSUNG SMART TV: Connect to an ever-expanding portal of your favorite digital content. Customizable widgets give you access to BLOCKBUSTER, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr
and more – all on your HDTV.
- Content Library (Flash Memory): stores limited amount of pictures and video for playback.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. Userfriendly interface allows access to videos, music playlists and pictures via the remote.
- Clear Image Panel: A reflection-reducing coating on the inside of the panel virtually
eliminates picture distortion.
- BD Wise: Automatically adjusts all your components for the best picture and sound quality.
- Picture in Picture: Enables convenient, simultaneous viewing of TV programs and video or PC content sources.
- Game Mode: Enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Ultra Slim Design
- Touch of Color: Exclusive Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- 1080p Full HD resolution: Enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- E3-Panel single-filter design: Delivers improved performance in the areas of color saturation, contrast and energy efficiency.
- FilterBright Antiglare: Minimizes reflections and glare caused by ambient light.
- 600Hz Subfield Motion: Offers crisp, clear Plasma HD action in every frame.
- 1080p Full HD Motion: Delivers better resolution with less blurring during faster motion sports, movies and games.
- Mega Dynamic Contrast ratio: An unparalleled Mega Dynamic Contrast ratio brings together the deepest blacks and brightest whites.
- Crystal Full HD Engine: Images of incredible clarity are achieved by the Samsung Crystal Full HD Engine chip. By unifying all of the TVs advanced imaging technologies, the Samsung Crystal Full HD Engine expands performance, enhances all aspects of the image, and takes picture quality and image integrity to new levels of excellence.
- Cinema Smooth: Cinema Smooth lets you enjoy the unbelievably smooth, realistic action in every frame.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR standards: Energy saving, up to 43% less than our similar 2009 Plasma TV in standard mode.
- Built-in digital tuner: No external box needed.
- Warranty: 1-year parts and 1-year labor warranty (90-days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung
- 4 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia
Interface) version 1.4
- USB: 2
- PC Input: 1 - back
- Stand-by Power Consumption < 1watt
Component: 2 - back
- SRS TruSurround HD: Get crisp, clear digital quality sound via advanced SRS technology.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multi-channel sound (MTS) and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel
- Component Video Inputs: 2 – Backside
- Digital Audio: 1 – Backside
- PC Audio Input: 1 – Backside
- TV without stand: 47.7 x 29.5 x 1.4 inches (WxHxD); 54.0 pounds
- TV with stand: 47.7 x 31.8 x 8.9 inches (WxHxD); 63.5 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
| ||With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5
Get a true cinematic experience without going to the cinema with a Samsung plasma HDTV. This Samsung PN50C7000, with Mega Dynamic Contrast Ratio makes sure every frame is saturated with dense, rich color. Samsung is also ENERGY STAR compliant so you are assured that your 50 -inch plasma HDTV is helping the environment by using less enery while saving you money.