5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best HDTVs I've ever watched/purchased
Let me start by saying that I'm running this HDTV with a PS3 Slim (for BluRay, gaming and HD video content) and a Sony STR-DG 820 7.1 surround sound setup.

Pros:

Rich Blacks
Fantastic color reproduction on many films I tested*
wealth of options in the menu system
600hz as opposed to 60/120/240 with LCD or LED sets
great price for...
Published on May 23, 2012 by ViBu

2.0 out of 5 stars Great picture but unforgivable white noise
I purchased this TV at best buy for 699 which is a great price for a TV that looks this good. There are two things that made me return it in the end though that you should consider. First, I had it in a room with lots of windows and white walls which you can't do. This TV reflects all ambient light and dark blacks are worthless if you can see your reflection in them. I...
Published 24 months ago by D. Petersen

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV- Great picture for Xbox- What a steal on Black Friday, November 27, 2012
This review is from: Samsung PN51E530 51-Inch 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV (Black) (2012 Model) (Electronics)
Picture and functionality: This tv is beautiful. Looks great with the Xbox 360, with Game Mode on. Extremely convenient that it saves the settings for each picture mode, so you can set it and forget it. The speakers actually sound really good, but it's in a bedroom that is about 15'x15', so I can't comment about how they sound in a larger family room. But what I do know is that most hdtv's don't have great sound to begin with, considering they're so slim these days. But who doesn't know/expect that? We all use surround sound or sound bars.

This tv also has a digital optical sound output, so it's simple to hook it up to surround sound, if you want to use the 2 hdmi inputs for other devices. The setup was very easy. When you know what you're getting, this tv is perfect. It's clearly listed as having 2 hdmi inputs and no pc input. As with most plasmas you get a very noticeable reflection in a room with lighting, so a darker environment is best for this screen. The Media Player Connectshare is an awesome feature! I can hook my 1TB External HDD to it and play blu-rays right from there- Plug and Play.

Couldn't be happier with this tv so far, now hopefully it lasts. You can extend the warranty by 3 months by registering it with Samsung. Overall, the picture is stunning when playing Call of Duty: Blacks Ops 2. I can't test this for HDTV quality because I don't have the service right now.

Blu-Ray movies look great. Great color, no motion blur, seems like a perfect image.

Physically: The tv looks great, it's very sleek, and slim. I may decide to mount it, considering it's thin build.

Purchase: There was no way I was waiting in any lines on Black Friday. I went to Best Buy and Walmart Thursday night, just to check out the frenzy, and I am happy I decided to get a way better deal for this huge tv, online. The scheduled delivery made it very convenient as well. The delivery man was respectful and prompt. As a student, the Amazon Prime Student Membership really hooked me up with the free 2-day shipping. Thanks Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with purchase, June 19, 2012
LBGyrl (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
This tv is replaced our projection screen tv. After extensive research we are glad we purchased this model. It doesn't have as many audio or output jacks that we would like but I was able to reroute them through my DVD player. The picture clarity is amazing, shipping and delivery was right on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars great viewing, July 13, 2012
I thought long and hard about getting a Plasma big screen or a LCD. The picture
quality is exceptional on the Samsung Plasma we decided on. It is very clear and
the colors are vivid. There was some "talk" about it running hot but I do not see
that as a problem. The big question is always would you buy the same product again
if you knew then what you know now, my answer is YES.

5.0 out of 5 stars This TV is....., March 2, 2013
Amazing. The colors this thing puts out, i cannot put in words. Head over to one of the remaining brick and mortar stores to see for yourself. I was on the fence getting a plasma, i compared specs to comparable led lcds and watched video reviews relentlessly. Getting the absolute most of my money is a personal hobby of mine and let me just say at below 1000 i feel like I'm stealing from Samsung. Burn in is no longer an issue, there is no opera affect, while not as bright as led tvs the color quality is unmatched. This TV is a great addition to the living room. You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great!!, February 24, 2013
R. Dorr "Dx3" (Surigao, Philippines) - See all my reviews
I got mine on the gold box price about a month ago for only $807. Wasn't ready for the purchase, but at the price I got it and kept in the hotel till going to closing for our house. It was worth it. I don't know the techno speak, but if you have a doubt about plasma picture quality, or the thickness of the screen, you will be happily surprised in both regards. Also, the input is varied, can be USB, HDMI, RCA jacks, not sure if anything else. My last TV was a 37" Samsung LED. I am equally satisfied with this picture, and the blacks are indeed black, so that's a bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous image for the price, February 20, 2013
I purchased this TV at $700 and it's utterly stunning. After an hour of calibrations the picture this TV outputs is as close to perfect as any average person could possibly require. The only people who might find issues with this TV are super hardcore A/V geeks, but those sorts would likely be willing to spend the extra $1000 to pick up a TV that is objectively superior. For anyone else, the Samsung PN51E530 is a fantastic television.

Also, if you're a gamer, this is the only plasma I'd recommend, thanks to its screen burn protection features and how great its HDMI output looks. Double points if you're a fan of fighters or shooters, as this TV has almost instantaneous response times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, November 19, 2012
When I purchased this TV, i went back and forth between, LED, LCD and Plasma. They all have their pros and cons, and the viewing angle of the plasma won out for me. I already had a plasma and just wanted something a little bigger. This TV is an amazing deal. I could have got a better TV, but would have had to pay a lot more. The quality of this tv for the price most likely cannot be beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Samsung Plasma!, September 26, 2012
We absolutely love our new purchase! Shipped quickly and the picture quality is very clear. This is our first plasma! Great buy!

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice TV but...motion blur on every set, September 22, 2012
Pros: 60inch is nice, easy set up, decent price at $1,000, zoom features to fill the screen from 16:9 ratios, outside edges is thin, the TV itself is thin and light too, it's a nice looking TV, very quiet TV, speakers are decent

Cons: Motion Blur (on sports, action movies and video games), scenes can be too dark, some people may not like that it isn't a smart TV or 3D(but I couldn't care less)

I was happy with my purchase at first. The size is really nice! I don't want a TV in the living room smaller than these 60 inches anymore. The price was right too, $1,000. I don't care that its NOT 3D or Smart with apps or an internet browser. I just wanted a big TV with a decent screen so I can watch TV and play games. I thought that's what I got.

But it didn't take long for me to catch the motion blur. Its not too dramatic but enough for me to feel like this may not have been the best purchase. You can't read the names or numbers on a players jersey if he is running too fast. On video games you can't read the words on the screen if your moving the icon or player around. It takes like a full second to clear up and once it starts moving again it blurs again. For a $1,000 I didn't think I should have motion blur. Also some scenes in movies can be too dark during dark scenes, you have a hard time seeing what's going on.

I contacted Samsung and they said I have the latest firmware and they told me to reset the TV. But problem persisted. It turns out this model is like this after further research

Word is the E550 from Samsung gets rid of the motion blur problem. But its $300 more. I'm calling up and returning this TV and I'm upgrading to the E550. Now its going to be 3D and Smart but I just care about the picture being clear, even during fast motion, and at a decent price.

This says it all I think, regarding the E550 screen performance. I hope its true.
(I don't think Amazon let's me post links here. Go to TelevisionInfo dot com and find the TV model for the E550, performance, screen performance and see what they say)

This was my first HDTV purchase. Iv'e had the TV for 2 weeks now. I hope the return is a smooth process. Should I call Amazon or the seller? I think I will contact Amazon and try to buy from the same seller again through Amazon. Since they did a good job on getting the TV to me (Abt Electronics). Wish me luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, April 16, 2014
I bought this TV about a year and some months ago and I love this thing. Bought a 2 year warranty from a third party with it since it was so damn cheap.

Hook this thing up to a surround sound system and our good to go.

Got it for the INSANE price on sale from Amazon for like 500$! Originally I bought it for 600$ through Amazon but it had dropped 100$ after I bought it and the freaking amazing people at amazon gave me a 100$!

People could argue the benefits of LCD LED whatever but honestly your average person will not know the difference. Even hook this up to my portable hard drive (USB 3.0 compatible)

Has ability to watch movies, pictures, and music if you have portable HD. Even played my USB stick.

Again great buy