With the Samsung 58-inch PN58C500 HDTV, you're investing in a high-quality Plasma TV that offers top-of-the-line picture quality with 1080p high definition resolution. Enjoy the sharpest details and vivid color with an amazing 2,000,000:1 mega dynamic contrast ratio for more realistic images. It's matched by Samsung's advanced 600Hz Subfield Motion technology, which renders onscreen action smoothly and reduces motion blur.
The 46-inch Samsung LN46C600.
With Samsung's AllShare feature, you can view photos or videos or stream music from your home PCs as well as compatible mobile phones and digital media player--directly to your HDTV. Additionally, with the ConnectShare Movie feature, you can instantly watch movies, check out video clips or view pictures--simply hook up a thumb drive or digital camera. Plus, it's Energy Star compliant, which helps you be green while saving on your electric bill.
This stylish HDTV also features Samsung's Exclusive Touch of Color design, which combines texture and color that can complement any room.
Faster imagery with 600Hz Subfield Motion technology.
2,000,000:1 Mega Dynamic Contrast Ratio.
Samsung's Clear Image Panel.
- 58-inch screen size
- Full HD 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) provides powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity.
- 600Hz Subfield Motion offers crisp, clear Plasma HD action in every frame. A single image flashes up to 600 times a second creating unparalleled picture quality for plasma TVs. Get sharper scrolling text and crisp contours, no matter how fast images move, for seamless frames and intense realism.
- 2,000,000:1 Mega Dynamic Contrast ratio renders black tones and shadow areas superbly with great range versus brilliant whites.
- Samsung's new single-filter clear panel design eliminates the off-angle reflections that cause picture blurring of images and details. Images and text look great straight on or at any angle.
- HDMI connections for uncompressed video and surround sound audio over a single cable.
- Two 15-watt stereo speakers for 30 watts of total power.
- SRS TruSurround HD creates an immersive, feature-rich surround sound experience from two speakers, complete with rich bass, high frequency detail and clear dialog.
- Sync media from multiple devices with AllShare so you can enjoy music, movies and photos from your PC, camera and mobile devices directly on your larger TV screen. Connects you to multiple PCs, as well.
- ConnectShare Movie connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. A user-friendly interface allows access to videos, a music playlist, and pictures via the remote.
- Variable sleep timer can be programmed to turn the TV off at different time intervals.
- Trilingual on-screen displays in English, Spanish or French.
- Energy Star Compliant: Reduces energy consumption by up to 25 percent compared with standard TVs.
- Swivel stand
- Wall mountable (VESA 400 x 400 pattern)
- Warranty: 1-year parts and 1-year labor warranty (90-days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- HDMI: 3
- Component: 2
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1
- TV with stand: 54.8 x 35.6 x 13.2 inches (WxHxD); 88.2 pounds
- TV without stand: 54.8 x 32.8 x 2.8 inches (WxHxD); 50.7 pounds
What's in the Box
Samsung HDTV, remote control (with batteries), stand, power cord, operating instructions.
With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience.
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5