- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Samsung PN58C500 58-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 58-inch Plasma HDTV with full HD 1080p resolution for the sharpest picture possible
- Advanced 600Hz Subfield Motion technology renders onscreen action smoothly; amazing 2,000,000:1 mega dynamic contrast ratio
- AllShare DLNA capabilities for streaming media from compatible PCs and mobile phones; ConnectShare Movie for playing media from USB thumb drive
- Inputs: 3 HDMI, 2 component, 1 PC
- Includes removable stand; measures 54.8 x 35.6 x 13.2 inches with stand
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Samsung
- Model Number: PN58C500G2FXZA
- Display Technology: Plasma
- Display Size: 58 inches
- Display Height: 32.8 inches
With the Samsung 58-inch PN58C500 HDTV, you're investing in a high-quality Plasma TV that offers top-of-the-line picture quality with 1080p high definition resolution. Enjoy the sharpest details and vivid color with an amazing 2,000,000:1 mega dynamic contrast ratio for more realistic images. It's matched by Samsung's advanced 600Hz Subfield Motion technology, which renders onscreen action smoothly and reduces motion blur.
With Samsung's AllShare feature, you can view photos or videos or stream music from your home PCs as well as compatible mobile phones and digital media player--directly to your HDTV. Additionally, with the ConnectShare Movie feature, you can instantly watch movies, check out video clips or view pictures--simply hook up a thumb drive or digital camera. Plus, it's Energy Star compliant, which helps you be green while saving on your electric bill.
This stylish HDTV also features Samsung's Exclusive Touch of Color design, which combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- 58-inch screen size
- Full HD 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) provides powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity.
- 600Hz Subfield Motion offers crisp, clear Plasma HD action in every frame. A single image flashes up to 600 times a second creating unparalleled picture quality for plasma TVs. Get sharper scrolling text and crisp contours, no matter how fast images move, for seamless frames and intense realism.
- 2,000,000:1 Mega Dynamic Contrast ratio renders black tones and shadow areas superbly with great range versus brilliant whites.
- Samsung's new single-filter clear panel design eliminates the off-angle reflections that cause picture blurring of images and details. Images and text look great straight on or at any angle.
- HDMI connections for uncompressed video and surround sound audio over a single cable.
- Two 15-watt stereo speakers for 30 watts of total power.
- SRS TruSurround HD creates an immersive, feature-rich surround sound experience from two speakers, complete with rich bass, high frequency detail and clear dialog.
- Sync media from multiple devices with AllShare so you can enjoy music, movies and photos from your PC, camera and mobile devices directly on your larger TV screen. Connects you to multiple PCs, as well.
- ConnectShare Movie connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. A user-friendly interface allows access to videos, a music playlist, and pictures via the remote.
- Variable sleep timer can be programmed to turn the TV off at different time intervals.
- Trilingual on-screen displays in English, Spanish or French.
- Energy Star Compliant: Reduces energy consumption by up to 25 percent compared with standard TVs.
- Swivel stand
- Wall mountable (VESA 400 x 400 pattern)
- Warranty: 1-year parts and 1-year labor warranty (90-days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- HDMI: 3
- Component: 2
- PC input (15-pin, D-Sub): 1
- TV with stand: 54.8 x 35.6 x 13.2 inches (WxHxD); 88.2 pounds
- TV without stand: 54.8 x 32.8 x 2.8 inches (WxHxD); 50.7 pounds
What's in the Box
Samsung HDTV, remote control (with batteries), stand, power cord, operating instructions.
With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience.
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5
Read about our customers' top-rated TVs on our reviews pages: TV Reviews, 4K TV Reviews, LED TV Reviews, Plasma TV Reviews, and Smart TV Reviews. Shop our popular TV brands: LG, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and VIZIO.
Top Customer Reviews
To be clear, this absolutely has full widescreen 16:9 capability. It is HD 1080p compliant. Some widescreen movies are shot in 2.35:1, so those will still have black bars at the top and bottom. Maybe this is what the other reviewer was referring to.
The picture is very high quality here - much better than my 50" plasma. The blacks are very deep and I haven't seen any real evidence of ghosting.
The features on this are very full, but I don't use my Plasma for much more than a simple monitor - I run everything through an AV receiver. I access Netflix and other web apps through my LG BD570 Network Blu-ray Disc Player.
This is not 3D capable.
Oh, by the way, a note on model numbers: The PN58C500 is really the same as the Samsung PN58C550 58-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV (Black), but was released for Black Friday deals with a new model number and - I believe - one less HDMI input than the 550. I believe it is otherwise the same set as the 550. This is not last years model. Last years models had a B instead of a C in the model number, ie. PN58B. . .
Be careful to know who your seller is. I bought this when the seller was Amazon and got free shipping, not someone else. It switches back and forth from time to time.
The reviewer below who said it "does not support 16:9 aspect ratio" has absolutely, positively no idea what they're talking about. This is a 16x9 TV.
Oddly enough, one of my favorite features is that there are no LED status lights when the unit is on. I can't tell you how distracting this is to me on other TVs. A small red LED is on when the unit is off, but powered.
I have my TV on the base but does have side inputs to make wall mounting easier. The only issue that I have encountered is probably quite limited for most people but the remote control frequency/IR used by the TV is the same as my Pioneer receiver. I have a Harmony One to control all my equipment but at times when changing inputs on the receiver there is crosstalk and the TV menus come up. I have found some work arounds thru the Harmony remote (the greatest remote EVER made btw) but still have some issues when turning the TV and receiver on due to competing for same signal. Other than that minor issue the TV is great.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Sooo... I bought this TV back in 2011... Had no issues for the first couple of years and it worked great, I was happy, TV was happy... it was bliss. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Andrew Elder
I have had this set about 3 years and too have had the magenta bleed on the white or light colored screens. Samsung replaced the first screen after about 8 months for free. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Kyle Busch
looks truely horrible during outdoor scenes where the sky is covered with red "snow" or haze. Read morePublished 24 months ago by Michael R. Kretchmer
The TV had to go to the shop in the first few months, now the same problem is back again. Of course Samsung will do nothing for me and the repair will cost as much as the TV is... Read morePublished on November 26, 2013 by nleggett1
Purchased this just over two years ago and started having the same problem all others have been having. Read morePublished on October 22, 2013 by Disappointed
The the tv worked great right up until the warranty expired. Then a small portion in the upper right corner had magenta coloring when viewing white screens. Read morePublished on January 16, 2013 by S. Campbell
Worked right up until the warranty lapsed then any large light area of the top of the screen turned magenta colored. Contacted Samsung but no response. Read morePublished on December 13, 2012 by Ticked
I have owned this product for 1 year and 4 months. While watching a movie last night the picture went black. The sound works but there is no picture. Read morePublished on May 23, 2012 by vzqjm4
Amazon does it again! I swear, I buy so many items from here, I should own stock! This TV is the best! Read morePublished on April 2, 2011 by CaliLove 707