Get a true cinematic experience without going to the cinema with a Samsung plasma HDTV. This Samsung PN58C550, with Mega Dynamic Contrast Ratio makes sure every frame is saturated with dense, rich color. Samsung is also ENERGY STAR compliant so you are assured that your 58 -inch plasma HDTV is helping the environment by using less enery while saving you money.
From the Manufacturer
Samsung PN58C550 Plasma tv (March 2010)
Samsung's new PN58C550 plasma flat panel HDTV is a refinement of our commitment to design, performance, and cost of ownership. It's 58 inches of 1080p Full HD picture performance is the perfect fit for most rooms. The attractive Touch of Color design adds a subtle clear-to-charcoal gray accent to the set's bezel. Enjoy brilliant, film-like images in Full HD resolution. Samsung's breakthrough mega dynamic contrast ratio offers a more accurate color tonal range, deeper blacks and shadow details. The new E3-Panel technology featuring our innovative Clear Image Panel technology reduces off-angle blur and glare in brighter rooms and delivers a better picture while using less energy. Add 4 advanced HDMI inputs featuring Samsung's Anynet+ (CEC standard) technology makes system control of compatible A/V devices like a Blu-ray player or HTIB system a one-touch operation. Experience Full 1080p HD performance on Samsung's new C550 series plasma HDTVs, it's easy on the wallet and easy on the environment.
- Screen Size: 58 inches
- 600 Hz subfield motion: Offers crisp, clear Plasma HD action in every frame.
- 1080p Full HD Resolution: enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- E3-panel single filter design delivers improved performance in the areas of color saturation, contrast and energy efficiency.
- Mega Dynamic Contrast ratio: An unparalleled Mega Dynamic Contrast ratio brings together the deepest blacks and brightest whites.
- Built-in digital tuner: no external box needed.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR Standards: PDP Energy saving, up to 43% less than our similar 2009 Plasma TV in standard mode.
- Clear Image Panel: Samsung's new single-filter clear panel design eliminates the off-angle reflections that cause picture blurring of images
and details. Images and text look great straight on or at any angle.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. Userfriendly interface allows access to videos, a music playlist and pictures via the remote.
- Game Mode: Enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- 10 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multichannel sound (MTS)and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- SRS TruSurround HD: Get crisp, clear digital-quality sound via advanced SRS technology.
- DLNA enabled
- Warranty: 1-year parts and 1-year labor warranty (90-days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung
- HDMI: 3 back, 1 side
- USB: 2
- PC Input: 1
| ||With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5