From the Manufacturer
Samsung PN58C8000 Plasma tv (March 2010)
Samsung's new C8000 series Plasma flat-panel HDTVs represents our best design innovations and performance found in our 2010 line of Plasma TVs. First impressions begin with an elegantly styled brushed metal gray cabinet that measures a mere 1.5-inch deep. Lighter in weight, more efficient than our previous designs, our feature innovations offer a more powerful SAMSUNG SMART TV with customizable access to Internet content, a convenient homenetworking capability via its DLNA standard connectivity, a high-speed USB port, and the new 3D HDTV viewing experience with optional Samsung 3D glasses. Picture performance refinements are aimed at delivering a very natural, film-like, highly detailed picture with deep black levels and brighter colors. Features also include Samsung's Cinema Smooth processing, Motion Judder Canceller and Real Black Filter. Sit back and enjoy the C8000 series Plasma HDTVs with a smartly designed brushed metal- wrapped remote controller.
Stunning ultra-slim depth – includes tuner (no external transceiver box)
- Screen Size: 58 inches
- 3D HD: Samsung 3D technology makes images leap off the screen– so you feel like you’re a part of the action. Sync up with our Samsung Blu-ray Player to experience movies in 3D on your TV – and enjoy more TV broadcasts in stunning 3D, coming soon.
- SAMSUNG SMART TV: Connect to an ever-expanding portal of your favorite digital content. Customizable widgets give you access to BLOCKBUSTER, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr
and more – all on your HDTV.
- Content Library (Flash Memory): stores limited amount of pictures and video for playback.
- ConnectShare Movie: Connect a thumb drive or digital camera quickly and easily. Userfriendly interface allows access to videos, music playlists and pictures via the remote.
- Clear Image Panel: A reflection-reducing coating on the inside of the panel virtually
eliminates picture distortion.
- BD Wise: Automatically adjusts all your components for the best picture and sound quality.
- Ultra Slim Design
- Touch of Color: Exclusive Touch of Color design combines texture and color that can complement any room.
- 1080p Full HD resolution: Enjoy the powerful picture quality, vivid colors and stunning clarity of Full HD 1080p resolution.
- E3-Panel single-filter design: Delivers improved performance in the areas of color saturation, contrast and energy efficiency.
- FilterBright Antiglare: Minimizes reflections and glare caused by ambient light.
- 600Hz Subfield Motion: Offers crisp, clear Plasma HD action in every frame.
- 1080p Full HD Motion: Delivers better resolution with less blurring during faster motion sports, movies and games.
- Mega Dynamic Contrast ratio: An unparalleled Mega Dynamic Contrast ratio brings together the deepest blacks and brightest whites.
- Crystal Full HD Engine: Images of incredible clarity are achieved by the Samsung Crystal Full HD Engine chip. By unifying all of the TVs advanced imaging technologies, the Samsung Crystal Full HD Engine expands performance, enhances all aspects of the image, and takes picture quality and image integrity to new levels of excellence.
- Motion Judder Canceling: Samsung's Motion Judder Canceller virtually eliminates blurring, even with fast-moving images. Whether you're watching action films or sporting events, you won't miss a second of the action.
- Real Black Filter: The Samsung Real Black Filter reduces the onscreen glare caused by external light, so every black shadow and dark detail is as crisp and well defined as possible.
- Cinema Smooth: Cinema Smooth lets you enjoy the unbelievably smooth, realistic action in every frame.
- Exceeds ENERGY STAR standards: Energy saving, up to 43% less than our similar 2009 Plasma TV in standard mode.
- Built-in digital tuner: No external box needed.
- Warranty: 1-year parts and 1-year labor warranty (90-days parts and labor for commercial use), with in-home service, backed by Samsung toll-free support.
- 4 HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia
Interface) version 1.4
- USB: 2
- PC Input: 1 - back
- Stand-by Power Consumption < 1watt
Component: 2 - back
- SRS TruSurround HD: Get crisp, clear digital quality sound via advanced SRS technology.
- 15 Watts x 2 audio power stereo broadcast reception: Supports multi-channel sound (MTS) and second audio program (SAP) with 181-channel capacity.
- Component Video Inputs: 2 – Backside
- Digital Audio: 1 – Backside
- PC Audio Input: 1 – Backside
- TV without stand: 54.6 x 33.8 x 1.4 inches (WxHxD); 73.4 pounds
- TV with stand: 54.6 x 36.1 x 13.3 inches (WxHxD); 88.2 pounds
- What size TV should you get?
| ||With standard-definition TVs, the rule used to be that viewers would feel comfortable watching a set from a distance of 3 to 6 times the screen size in inches. With HDTV, the resolution is so much better that you can sit closer to a larger TV without noticing the pixels. So with HDTVs, the rule tends to be you can sit anywhere from 1.5 to 3 times the screen size (in inches) for the best experience. |
If you know the size of the room you have already, where you want to sit, and where your new HDTV should go once you get it, you can figure out the size HDTV you should get.
- Minimum size = Viewing distance/3
- Maximum size=Viewing distance/1.5
Get a true cinematic experience without going to the cinema with a Samsung plasma HDTV. This Samsung PN58C8000, with Mega Dynamic Contrast Ratio makes sure every frame is saturated with dense, rich color. Samsung is also ENERGY STAR compliant so you are assured that your 58 -inch plasma HDTV is helping the environment by using less enery while saving you money.Accessories