Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star).Show all reviews
on August 4, 2010
Using the HDMI input from the Blue Ray player started to produce Red screen after a couple of days of usage.

First I thought the the Red screen is produced by the Blue ray player but later I verified the problem is not because of the Blue ray player, it is because of the bad HDMI input circuitry of the TV. I verified that the Samsung PN63C7000 TV is producing the Red colors anytime I switch to HDMI inputs (It has 4 HDMI inputs, all producing same red screen). I was suspecting the 10-foot "high speed HDMI cable" from monoprice causing the discoloration problem. I connected the same cable to the HDMI inputs of my other LED TV and the screen was good. I used 4 ft "high speed HDMI cable" on both TVs, Samsung PN63C7000 TV produced red colors, the other older LED TV produced the normal colors. When I used my Denon receiver to output signals via the HDMI cable to the any one of 4 HDMI inputs of the TV, I get red screen.

When the TV is in TV mode or Internet@TV mode (Such as netflix, local network, etc.), it displays the channels correctly without any discoloration. I am not sure what caused the TV to go bad in the first couple of days of usage. It may be result of Blue Ray player overheating excessively and producing out of tolerance signals to the HDMI inputs of the TV thus causing the sensitive TV input circuitry to fail.

My PN63C7000 TV suffers from the same Motion Judder issue.
I did not notice any buzzing from my TV that some other owners are complaining about.

See my review for a Samsung Blue ray player overheating problem here:

8/10/2010 Update: I updated the firmware from 1022 to 1026 using flash memory. Red screen on HDMI video sources diminished a lot but there are still red artifacts rendering the video unacceptable to watch.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2011
I bought the C7000 series over the C8000 because it saved me hundreds of dollars, but also the only thing the C8000 had over the C7000 was it's black filter feature, which was suppose to make the blacks in a picture appear darker. But i thought since it was a plasma anyways, it should already have pretty deep blacks. Or at least deep enough. But boy was i wrong. The black levels are terrible, more like a very dark grey. Or a light black. My Mitsubishi DLP TV with Dark Detail has darker blacks than this plasma. This is just really upsetting. They say that Plasma's are suppose to have the deepest blacks out there, but LED is naturally a lot deeper. Other than that the picture is good with a wide range of colors. The 3D is impressive. But the lack of deep blacks in this plasma is a turn off.

Also, I'm a gamer. So i have this TV in my bedroom, it gets pretty hot in my room when i have it on for over an hour. But most of you will probably set it up in your living rooms so that shouldn't be too much of an issue.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse